Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Daily Journals
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-29-2017, 03:35 PM

37,105 posts, read 41,238,832 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaminhealth View Post
Of course, suzyq, he's not an expert on "F" but knows enough about the decades of helping people and their pets...nutrition etc etc. How many yrs do have in the "F" industry? Do you have your resume handy?
I am not involved in the "F" industry. I know enough chemistry to be able to tell that the anti-fluoride folks know nothing about chemistry at all.

It absolutely will not harm pets to drink fluoridated water.

More Doggone Myths about Fluoride

Old 07-29-2017, 03:48 PM

29,267 posts, read 16,733,896 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by suzy_q2010 View Post
I am not involved in the "F" industry. I know enough chemistry to be able to tell that the anti-fluoride folks know nothing about chemistry at all.

It absolutely will not harm pets to drink fluoridated water.

More Doggone Myths about Fluoride
Oh I love your absolute comments!!!!!!!!!!

As I've said MANY times there are links about pros and cons on EVERYTHING....and you just searched for a pro link. I'm not interested in it.

Old 07-29-2017, 04:45 PM

Quote:
Oh I love your absolute comments!!!!!!!!!!

As I've said MANY times there are links about pros and cons on EVERYTHING....and you just searched for a pro link. I'm not interested in it.
I know you are not interested in it. You have made it very clear you know nothing about chemistry and have no interest in learning about it. Other readers may find the link informative.

Old 07-29-2017, 05:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzy_q2010 View Post
I know you are not interested in it. You have made it very clear you know nothing about chemistry and have no interest in learning about it. Other readers may find the link informative.
No SuzyQ I have been following Dr. Connett and many other chemists/scientists and read their books on this toxin. Read many published articles. That is ENOUGH for me.

Old 07-30-2017, 10:19 AM

10,226 posts, read 6,312,506 times
Obviously, this is nothing new. Some towns have long ago done something about it. Where my daughter now lives in Nassau County (15 miles from NYC) fluoride was removed in 1984. It never was put into the water where we lived in Suffolk County where they grew up. Back when we lived there starting in the 70's, I can remember several times there was pushed to add it but always was rejected.

I went on my County's Water Supply Website. In big bold letters they stated that they did not put fluoride in the water. Bragging? Talked about Pure Mountain Water, etc., etc. I do know that some areas have Well Water here. The only place that puts fluoride in the Water Supply in our County is the US Army Depot. No choice in the Military?

Again, nothing new going way back. Communities both rejecting, and removing, it.

Old 07-30-2017, 11:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo48 View Post
Obviously, this is nothing new. Some towns have long ago done something about it. Where my daughter now lives in Nassau County (15 miles from NYC) fluoride was removed in 1984. It never was put into the water where we lived in Suffolk County where they grew up. Back when we lived there starting in the 70's, I can remember several times there was pushed to add it but always was rejected.

I went on my County's Water Supply Website. In big bold letters they stated that they did not put fluoride in the water. Bragging? Talked about Pure Mountain Water, etc., etc. I do know that some areas have Well Water here. The only place that puts fluoride in the Water Supply in our County is the US Army Depot. No choice in the Military?

Again, nothing new going way back. Communities both rejecting, and removing, it.
Jo, I just read #31 in this thread. Yep.

Old 07-30-2017, 12:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travelassie View Post
LOL, not my water, the Naples, FL municipal water department has never asked my opinion, or consulted me about what they put in their water supply. And we have well water here.

But I guess you've forgotten that during the post 9/11 anthrax scare, anthrax powder traces were found in two Florida post offices, and the first person who died of post exposure inhalation anthrax ( a photographer with the National Enquirer) was in Florida and died in a Florida hospital. The Smithsonian article linked below states that a total of 22 people were known to be exposed to the mailef anthrax powder, and five of them died. Guess the other 16 of these folks were pretty happy that Cipro was available to either mitigate their illness or keep them from getting sick at all, wouldn't you say?

The Anthrax Letters That Terrorized a Nation Are Now Decontaminated and on Public View | At the Smithsonian | Smithsonian

Timeline: How The Anthrax Terror Unfolded : NPR

And as for your comment (surely made in jest), about the Cipro protecting me from the alleged ill effects of flouride in the water supply, I can assure you that as an antimicrobial, it wouldn't do a thing in that regard.
No, the Naples Water District never asked, or notified, me if I wanted them to Flush the Water System with Chlorine every October. They didn't need to. My kitchen smelled like a Public Swimming Pool turning on the kitchen sink. No choice. Fluoride AND Chlorine. Adding insult to injury. Safe to drink? So go fill up your water bottle in public pool and drink it.

Old 07-30-2017, 01:25 PM

Quote:
No, the Naples Water District never asked, or notified, me if I wanted them to Flush the Water System with Chlorine every October. They didn't need to. My kitchen smelled like a Public Swimming Pool turning on the kitchen sink. No choice. Fluoride AND Chlorine. Adding insult to injury. Safe to drink? So go fill up your water bottle in public pool and drink it.
You don't think that kids drink pool water?

Old 07-30-2017, 01:27 PM

Quote:
I listen to Warren Eckstein, The Pet Show every saturday on radio. I have no pets but still enjoy all the advice and people who call him with their animal issues. Today, I just about fell over, he mentioned do NOT let your pets drink fluoridated water and wash them off good after a bath in fluoridated water. I've heard this years ago about humans and pets ingesting "F" water. But today, Warren almost knocked me over. He knows about this sodium fluoride in public waters. He mentioned joint and hip damage to the animals.

I've heard it said here, "fluoride is fluoride"...not so I say and this links says this too:

Fluoride Dangers: What's In Your Dog's Water? - Dogs Naturally Magazine
Double whammy. Fluoridated and chlorinated water (flushing water system) when I lived in Naples, Florida. How do you wash off them off when it's in your water system? People don't take a shower after swimming in a pool (public or private) to wash off the chlorine from the pool? Cannot do that with this. It's always on you; same as with the fluoride.

I have cats (no baths), but if I wasn't going to drink the water, especially with both in it, I wasn't going to give it to them. One is bad enough but TWO in the water? I used to purposely schedule my trips back up to NY in October so I would not be there when they chlorinated the water system.

While daughters didn't have the severe reactions I did, they would always complain that they didn't like showering at my house in Florida. Said they felt "icky" after. "Every day is a bad hair day here". "Your water is awful". No fluoride, or chlorine, in their water.

Old 07-30-2017, 03:01 PM

Quote:
Double whammy. Fluoridated and chlorinated water (flushing water system) when I lived in Naples, Florida. How do you wash off them off when it's in your water system? People don't take a shower after swimming in a pool (public or private) to wash off the chlorine from the pool? Cannot do that with this. It's always on you; same as with the fluoride.

I have cats (no baths), but if I wasn't going to drink the water, especially with both in it, I wasn't going to give it to them. One is bad enough but TWO in the water? I used to purposely schedule my trips back up to NY in October so I would not be there when they chlorinated the water system.

While daughters didn't have the severe reactions I did, they would always complain that they didn't like showering at my house in Florida. Said they felt "icky" after. "Every day is a bad hair day here". "Your water is awful". No fluoride, or chlorine, in their water.
It wasn't the chlorine and fluoride, it was the hardness of the water.

Naples, FL Residential Water Solutions | Culligan
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Daily Journals