Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-13-2010, 08:09 AM

3,820 posts, read 8,749,981 times

Advertisements

And the fact that probably 99.9% of us don't leave anywhere close to the "country"?

Old 08-13-2010, 08:59 AM

871 posts, read 2,690,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sjnative View Post
I'm pretty surprised by the responses here, which have been taunting.

All this equates to a dismissal of what the OP alleges- instances of racism against a black person and against a Hispanic person.

Do you people really just shrug off these allegations without considering the implications if they're true?

I know, you think this is funny.

You people describe Californians and fruits and nuts, or the like. How would you describe yourselves? I would choose the term country trash. Seems about right.
Dude, I'm born and raised in California, just moved here in Nov, and will always consider myself a Californian.

What's the implication if the OP's instances of racism are true? That there are isolated incidents of racism in Wylie? There are isolated incidents of racism and prejudice everywhere in this country, even in California, even in home area (Bay Area).

Old 08-13-2010, 09:25 AM

17,401 posts, read 11,980,893 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moving2tracy View Post
You're like a little band of bullies, you can't stand that someone thinks differently than you! I wouldn't be surprised if you didn't have some hooded white robes in your closets! Was this you late last night?I think they made this about you!
http://coderjournal.com/uploads/2008/05/duty_calls.png
I'll be sure to wave as we pass - I'm leaving for Texas at the end of the month.

You'll fit in just fine here - you seem to have an entitlement, nothing-is-my-fault, keep raising taxes to pay for my paper-pushing job, union-loving mentality.

I think it's kind of funny that you lived somewhere you HATED for 11 years.

By the way, does your future employer know you're spewing your baseless, racist, insane accusations all over the internet?

Old 08-13-2010, 10:14 AM

14,862 posts, read 42,886,811 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sjnative View Post
I'm pretty surprised by the responses here, which have been taunting.

All this equates to a dismissal of what the OP alleges- instances of racism against a black person and against a Hispanic person.

Do you people really just shrug off these allegations without considering the implications if they're true?

You people describe Californians and fruits and nuts, or the like. How would you describe yourselves? I would choose the term country trash. Seems about right.
Talk about closed minded. You don't even KNOW the area in question most likely. No one said it never happened. We have all just said that the incidents that the OP might have experienced are NOT the norm and most people living in that area will never encounter.

You can keep your closed minded trash in California.

Old 08-14-2010, 11:01 AM

138 posts, read 571,789 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ERIC N View Post
REALLY??? You moved to SF for a moderate political climate. Sounds like one extreme to another. I would see SF as even more extreme in it's political position. If you want an UBER LIBERAL agenda, I can understand you being more comfortable there than UBER CONSERVATIVE Texas, but I'm blown away that anyone would call SF Liberal. I'm glad you're somewhere that works out for you, but MODERATE???? REALLY????? okey dokey.

By the way, I'm a pro gun rights, pro gay rights, pro abortion rights, pro military, low taxes, death penalty supporter, life long republican atheist, so I'm clearly all over the spectrum.

=========================

Well at least you or not a hypocrite, nothing worse to me than a pro-life ultra consevative Christian that demands women keep their babies, refuses to pay taxes to support those babies, and loves to see children bombed in other countries, and wants to murder people when it has been proven DNA evidence has set free many from death row... (I am a born again Christia, pro-life, anti-death penalty, anti-war, and pro-welfare because children gotta eat and most homeless are mentally ill, it is the merciful thing to provide welfare, and as you can see I'm all over the spectrum too.

Old 08-14-2010, 11:11 AM

I have to chuckle at the responses since I last posted here... like I said.... if you want a racist town then Wylie is your pick! Enjoy! I'm sure enjoying our new home in Tracy!

Old 08-14-2010, 11:15 AM

And yes... I am a paper pushing tax loving union supported government employee... and loving it... And you can be too! Here is where you apply! yay! LOL
Employment Opportunities

Old 08-14-2010, 11:23 AM

[quote=sjnative;15454863]I'm pretty surprised by the responses here, which have been taunting.

You people describe Californians and fruits and nuts, or the like. How would you describe yourselves? I would choose the term country trash. Seems about right.[

I only posted to warn people who are NOT racist that they may not enjoy living in Wylie... I wish someone had warned me. But hey the racist need a place to live too, and I'm not "discriminating" against them. This is America, and people have the right to sit on their front porch and think whatever they want about them thar minorities, they have the right to go to church and spew out all kinds of nonsense, that is what makes America great. I'm glad they have their Wylie Texas, just wanted to warn others that are not racist. If you are racist, you will love it. Amazing how heated it all became! You'd think someone was trying to take their hoods away or something? This is America - to each their own!

Old 08-14-2010, 03:27 PM

871 posts, read 2,690,698 times
I'm not racist, I'm not white (or black or hispanic for that matter), and I love living in Wylie.

Old 08-14-2010, 03:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pappy97 View Post
I'm not racist, I'm not white (or black or hispanic for that matter), and I love living in Wylie.

Well then you are probably asian, since there are only 3 races. They better bow down to the asians because without Sanden that town would have nothing, and Sanden is owned by Japanese. Hey you are not a "beaner" and you are not a -- uh I can't type that word - so you are probably doing just fine in Wylie Texas - enjoy!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas