Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-05-2022, 04:16 PM

304 posts, read 185,129 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leonard123 View Post
I said Frisco did not have the retail or employment that Plano did. That doesn't mean it doesn't have a lot. It definitely has a lot. I never said Frisco did not have the income to support the housing. Frisco does not have all the high-paying jobs that Plano does. That doesn't mean it has none. The people who live there have substantially higher incomes. Most likely work from home or commute out of the city.

When people have difficulty speaking clear English, it's a clear signal to me they are coming straight off the boat. Granted, I don't see anything showing an exceptional spike in the last few years, so you could well be right, and there must be more to it.

As for the later comment below about where to get STEM workers, there are plenty of Americans who can fill the universities and do those jobs, and even if there weren't, it wouldn't be justified. Other than the medical field, there are far more important and critical jobs we need to fill, most of which do not need a four year degree. We have way, way too many kids going to those left-wing indoctrination camps.
And now the real race-baiting comes out.

SMH dude, you’ve moved the goalposts so many times in your screeds that you’ve forgotten where you placed them.

People commute to job centers from all over, there are employers that pay far more than you think all over the place. This fallacy that you’re living with just isn’t reality. Then again, many folks use these crazy things we have called highways to get themselves around.

On a per-capita basis, Frisco probably has pretty much everything that Plano does, albeit in a much more sterile environment. If a resident of Frisco doesn’t have something nearby they can always drive the 5 minutes to Plano if need be.

Listen, we get it. You’re bitter about foreign born people immigrating to the US for the opportunity they can find here. You know, like your ancestors did not do the exact same thing <insert hard eye roll here>, you’ve got a weird bone to pick about Frisco new build home prices increasing because the two houses that have sold on your street didn’t sell for as much, and that just burns you up inside.

All of that doesn’t change any of the actual factors that are in place. Frisco is popular for its new builds, sterile environment, heavy desi community and small school dynamic. People commute to their jobs or WFH. If the value wasn’t there, the prices wouldn’t be where they are.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-05-2022, 06:12 PM

1,378 posts, read 1,085,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lz_2022 View Post
And now the real race-baiting comes out.

SMH dude, you’ve moved the goalposts so many times in your screeds that you’ve forgotten where you placed them.

People commute to job centers from all over, there are employers that pay far more than you think all over the place. This fallacy that you’re living with just isn’t reality. Then again, many folks use these crazy things we have called highways to get themselves around.

On a per-capita basis, Frisco probably has pretty much everything that Plano does, albeit in a much more sterile environment. If a resident of Frisco doesn’t have something nearby they can always drive the 5 minutes to Plano if need be.

Listen, we get it. You’re bitter about foreign born people immigrating to the US for the opportunity they can find here. You know, like your ancestors did not do the exact same thing <insert hard eye roll here>, you’ve got a weird bone to pick about Frisco new build home prices increasing because the two houses that have sold on your street didn’t sell for as much, and that just burns you up inside.

All of that doesn’t change any of the actual factors that are in place. Frisco is popular for its new builds, sterile environment, heavy desi community and small school dynamic. People commute to their jobs or WFH. If the value wasn’t there, the prices wouldn’t be where they are.
You are making a lot of inferences that are not true. First of all, I am not complaining about immigration in general. I do think people should not be living here if they cannot speak English. I also think citizens need to get first priority for jobs, and that non-essential jobs should just not get filled if the workers are not there. I am also not expecting my neighborhood to compare price-wise to new neighborhoods. Your personal attacks are unwarranted and your inferences false.

I disagree with most of your opinions on Frisco, although "sterile" can mean different things to different people. They don't have what Plano does. I don't know how anyone crosses the city to Plano in 5 minutes. It's always clogged around the mall. There is little residential land left in the city. They won't have new builds for too much longer.

Old 02-05-2022, 06:15 PM

Quote:
You are making a lot of inferences that are not true. First of all, I am not complaining about immigration in general. I do think people should not be living here if they cannot speak English. I also think citizens need to get first priority for jobs, and that non-essential jobs should just not get filled if the workers are not there. I am also not expecting my neighborhood to compare price-wise to new neighborhoods. Your personal attacks are unwarranted and your inferences false.

I disagree with most of your opinions on Frisco, although "sterile" can mean different things to different people. They don't have what Plano does. I don't know how anyone crosses the city to Plano in 5 minutes. It's always clogged around the mall. There is little residential land left in the city. They won't have new builds for too much longer.
You literally told another poster to “go back to India” in another thread. You’re a clown show bro.

Old 02-05-2022, 06:23 PM

Quote:
You literally told another poster to “go back to India” in another thread. You’re a clown show bro.
Because he or she was specifically wanting to be around all Indians in a place like India. It's perfectly logical. I would have never said that out of rudeness.

Are you trying to follow me for some sort of psychoanalysis?

Old 02-05-2022, 06:23 PM

19 posts, read 18,265 times
Quote:

US current unemployment rate is less than 4% which is close to full employment and in tech it is probably less than 1% and without these million immigrants who is going to be doing these jobs. Immigration is double edged sword and without it corporates are not going increase wages but will ship the jobs offshore and the country will not see a dime of the dollars that are being spent here now besides that we had the lowest rate of population increase in this countries and without immigration this country will not be able sustain when the 1/2 of the economy is based on consumer spending.

Old 02-05-2022, 06:27 PM

Quote:
Because he or she was specifically wanting to be around all Indians in a place like India. It's perfectly logical. I would have never said that out of rudeness.

No. Just highlighted your xenophobia so any other posters can take your garbage spewed as advice with that in mind.

That poster was. Looking for a comfortable environment for his parents and wife that do not speak great English and want a neighborhood that will help them assimilate - you just locked in on your hate and ran with yet another false narrative.

Old 02-05-2022, 06:35 PM

Quote:
No. Just highlighted your xenophobia so any other posters can take your garbage spewed as advice with that in mind.

That poster was. Looking for a comfortable environment for his parents and wife that do not speak great English and want a neighborhood that will help them assimilate - you just locked in on your hate and ran with yet another false narrative.
That's not what the poster said. What I read was a neighborhood that was like India surrounded by Indians. You read things into that as well. You make a lot of inferences.

Old 02-05-2022, 06:39 PM

24,541 posts, read 10,859,092 times
Quote:
I said Frisco did not have the retail or employment that Plano did. That doesn't mean it doesn't have a lot. It definitely has a lot. I never said Frisco did not have the income to support the housing. Frisco does not have all the high-paying jobs that Plano does. That doesn't mean it has none. The people who live there have substantially higher incomes. Most likely work from home or commute out of the city.

When people have difficulty speaking clear English, it's a clear signal to me they are coming straight off the boat. Granted, I don't see anything showing an exceptional spike in the last few years, so you could well be right, and there must be more to it.

As for the later comment below about where to get STEM workers, there are plenty of Americans who can fill the universities and do those jobs, and even if there weren't, it wouldn't be justified. Other than the medical field, there are far more important and critical jobs we need to fill, most of which do not need a four year degree. We have way, way too many kids going to those left-wing indoctrination camps.
I am in the business.
You have apparently never hired STEM, medical or others.
Please take your hate elsewhere. Unless we are in tow different USAs - there is a shortage of highly skilled workers. Some positions do not require English language skills past conversational.
Your posts always include "likely", "does not mean", ... . What do you KNOW?
Immigrant once fresh off the boat here. Please take your clear signal and insults and check your family tree. Thank you.

Old 02-05-2022, 06:43 PM

24,541 posts, read 10,859,092 times
Quote:

Apparently you have no idea about food, people to talk to when haters dish it out to you, learning basics such as alcohol being served in public, ... . I cried over tampons, a very specific kind which was almost unobtainable in the US. Backwards folks finally started importing the good stuff. Please refer to Stella in Silverado.

Old 02-05-2022, 06:43 PM

Quote:
That's not what the poster said. What I read was a neighborhood that was like India surrounded by Indians. You read things into that as well. You make a lot of inferences.
Yo. Clown show. Here’s the quote that your response was “go back to India”.

Quote:
Originally Posted by balajikumar View Post
my wife and both in-laws will be home with kids most of the time and don't speak English. Is Frisco good for them? Safe for them to walk around neighborhoods?

Can I get a big enough house for around $2 million in Frisco?
I’m stepping out now, it’s pretty obvious that you only have intent to spread your hate.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas