Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-23-2011, 07:04 PM

488 posts, read 555,101 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by galore View Post
It's still way too cold. I'm looking forward to next summer and hopefully 8 weeks of 100F+
Quote:
Originally Posted by highcotton View Post
Yep, it's still way too cold, but I'm trying to be nice to the cold, snowy, gray skies lovers.

Like you, I can't wait for summer. Hoping for lots of 100+F days!
Be quiet, herp and derp.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-23-2011, 07:34 PM

6,125 posts, read 7,477,620 times
It was raw today. Unfortunately Christmas eve and Christmas day will be more of the same...except some rain added in for good measure.

Old 12-23-2011, 07:59 PM

488 posts, read 555,101 times
Quote:
It was raw today. Unfortunately Christmas eve and Christmas day will be more of the same...except some rain added in for good measure.
Looks like we may be dipping down into the 20s tonight! Too bad the DFW area will not be seeing snow this weekend. Oh well, I will be out of town anyways. Hopefully next year will bring us some powder and cold like last! I could do without the ice, though!

Old 12-24-2011, 09:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildbill80 View Post
Looks like we may be dipping down into the 20s tonight! Too bad the DFW area will not be seeing snow this weekend. Oh well, I will be out of town anyways. Hopefully next year will bring us some powder and cold like last! I could do without the ice, though!
You can have that cold and snow. Bring on the 60s, 70s and 80s this winter...with lots of blue skies and sunshine.

Old 12-25-2011, 07:39 PM

2,987 posts, read 10,139,885 times
I was in Dallas for the winter of 2009-2010....very memorable. Record snow, record cold. Miserable. And of course I heard ad nauseum "at least it isn't Chicago" (or whatever nordic city). Basically, Dallas is cold in the winter. I remember ONE nice day before Xmas....near 70. And after that there were basically no more 60s till March. It was brutal comming from Miami, I had been told that winter was mild with some cold days and some warm days. Unfortunately that wasn't the case that winter. I know it could have been worse, it is usually milder...etc..but still...anyone new to DFW should be aware that winters are usualy abnormally cold or unusually warm...so it can go either way.

Old 12-26-2011, 09:33 AM

1,780 posts, read 4,028,601 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chelito23 View Post
I was in Dallas for the winter of 2009-2010....very memorable. Record snow, record cold. Miserable. And of course I heard ad nauseum "at least it isn't Chicago" (or whatever nordic city). Basically, Dallas is cold in the winter. I remember ONE nice day before Xmas....near 70. And after that there were basically no more 60s till March. It was brutal comming from Miami, I had been told that winter was mild with some cold days and some warm days. Unfortunately that wasn't the case that winter. I know it could have been worse, it is usually milder...etc..but still...anyone new to DFW should be aware that winters are usualy abnormally cold or unusually warm...so it can go either way.
Excellent post! Many people don't acknowledge that Dallas winters can be pretty cold, especially considering it's latitude. Dallas is more southern than places like Rome, Lisbon, Los Angeles, etc. that have very pleasant winters. What we get can be unpredictable... remember the bad rap from last year's storm and Super Bowl? Our winters are comparable to somewhere like Washington DC or Seattle that are situated much more to the north.

Old 12-26-2011, 09:39 AM

2,987 posts, read 10,139,885 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by asubram3 View Post
Excellent post! Many people don't acknowledge that Dallas winters can be pretty cold, especially considering it's latitude. Dallas is more southern than places like Rome, Lisbon, Los Angeles, etc. that have very pleasant winters. What we get can be unpredictable... remember the bad rap from last year's storm and Super Bowl? Our winters are comparable to somewhere like Washington DC or Seattle that are situated much more to the north.
Agreed! If someone had said "similar" to DC winter weather, that would have resonated a lot more. And it sounds right, at least for the winter I was there. Maybe some winters are like DC and others are more like San Antonio. But it really is a toss up and can go either way, so hopefully people appreciate the swings from year to year. In a cold winter, you will be yearning for the average highs and lows...

BTW, how did all the palm trees do after those brutal winters? I remember seeing them all burned by March, but did they even recover from those nights in the teens and 20s? I know they can take cold snaps, but there was prolonged cold spells and I imagine a lot of the palms bit the dust. I would love to know what happened to some of them...

Old 12-26-2011, 09:41 AM

Another cool, dreary, gray and misty day. How any sane person could like such weather is beyond logic.

Old 12-26-2011, 10:00 AM

4,153 posts, read 9,270,416 times
Quote:
Another cool, dreary, gray and misty day. How any sane person could like such weather is beyond logic.
I'm a Fall baby with plenty of insulation...so it doesn't bother me much. I'm still wearing my short sleeve sports shirts...the ones with perforated backs etc. Now with that said, I couldn't put up with it year round like say Seattle.

Old 12-26-2011, 10:13 AM

2,885 posts, read 4,648,311 times
Quote:
I'd almost be willing to pay to send you to Portland Oregon for a month about now.

-synchronicity, BTDT
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas