Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-22-2012, 06:09 PM

4,630 posts, read 10,481,105 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenshi View Post
A few days of 90 each year doesn't compare to a couple of months of straight upper 90s and above. But hopefully you'll enjoy the change of climate anyway.
I agree. Being a native New Englander, I can assure you will get a lesson in brutal heat when you get here. Dallas summer = VT winter. It is NOT nice.

I disagree with Kenshi that the present weather is bad - I think it's perfect. Couldn't be nicer.

I do however agree with Kenshi that I fear this mild winter might mean this summer will reach 112 instead of 108. Last year we broke all heat records except for a few in the 1983 summer. I hope to never experience that again. I also agree with Kenshi that the lack of rain so far is also not a good sign of what's to come this summer.

I do agree however with High Cotton that if you choose to live in the kitchen, you darn well better prefer the heat. I can deal with a Texas summer about as much as I can deal with a Boston winter - but last summer was a record breaker - so hopefully we won't repeat that. One or two more of those and I will definitely leave DFW.

I do however believe triple digit temps are not comfortable for the normal human body and more than temps below 20 are.

There's a lot of good things about Dallas - winter weather is certainly one. Summer weather is certainly not.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-22-2012, 06:35 PM

6,125 posts, read 7,477,620 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xS☺Be View Post
I agree. Being a native New Englander, I can assure you will get a lesson in brutal heat when you get here. Dallas summer = VT winter. It is NOT nice.

I disagree with Kenshi that the present weather is bad - I think it's perfect. Couldn't be nicer.

I do however agree with Kenshi that I fear this mild winter might mean this summer will reach 112 instead of 108. Last year we broke all heat records except for a few in the 1983 summer. I hope to never experience that again. I also agree with Kenshi that the lack of rain so far is also not a good sign of what's to come this summer.

I do agree however with High Cotton that if you choose to live in the kitchen, you darn well better prefer the heat. I can deal with a Texas summer about as much as I can deal with a Boston winter - but last summer was a record breaker - so hopefully we won't repeat that. One or two more of those and I will definitely leave DFW.

I do however believe triple digit temps are not comfortable for the normal human body and more than temps below 20 are.

There's a lot of good things about Dallas - winter weather is certainly one. Summer weather is certainly not.
I love the 60s and 70s along with the blue skies and sunshine we've been having recently in mid-January. However, it would be nice if we received some much needed rain (preferably during the night) so we can catch-up. I can't wait for the spring and summer weather. Another few weeks and things will start greening up again.

Old 01-22-2012, 06:39 PM

5,680 posts, read 11,551,112 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by highcotton View Post
I love the 60s and 70s along with the blue skies and sunshine we've been having recently in mid-January. However, it would be nice if we received some much needed rain (preferably during the night) so we can catch-up. I can't wait for the spring and summer weather. Another few weeks and things will start greening up again.
Maybe it will be an active spring weather season. Maybe not such a great thing with tornado threats in the region, but I suspect many would trade that possibility for the assurance of decent rain!

Old 01-22-2012, 06:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by UpstateBooster View Post
Maybe it will be an active spring weather season. Maybe not such a great thing with tornado threats in the region, but I suspect many would trade that possibility for the assurance of decent rain!
We certainly could have an active spring weather season, but I don't believe the long-range weather forecasters are counting on lots of rain this entire year. But what do they know...

PS - Did you know you had 953 dead people that voted Saturday in your backyard in the SC primaries?

Old 01-22-2012, 07:04 PM

Default Dust Storm in Dallas Now

Yuck. This is gross. Walk outside and suck in that lovely fresh air. So much for the lovely winter weather.

Strong winds swoop down on North Texas | wfaa.com Dallas - Fort Worth

Old 01-22-2012, 07:25 PM

Quote:
However, it would be nice if we received some much needed rain (preferably during the night) so we can catch-up.
Apparently we need it more than we knew. Now we have a dust storm on top of us. Look at this pic from Lubbock:

http://cdn.images.bimfs.com/Belo/1f1...D287%26h%3D430

Old 01-22-2012, 07:55 PM

Quote:
Apparently we need it more than we knew. Now we have a dust storm on top of us. Look at this pic from Lubbock:

http://cdn.images.bimfs.com/Belo/1f1...D287%26h%3D430
Keep that stuff in west Texas. At least it's not like the dust storms that Arizona gets.

Old 01-23-2012, 12:21 AM

1,518 posts, read 3,057,630 times
Quote:
Don't get me wrong, I'd love this weather most of the year, but when it's winter, I like winter weather. This is what it should be like in the spring and fall.

Old 01-23-2012, 09:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenshi View Post
Don't get me wrong, I'd love this weather most of the year, but when it's winter, I like winter weather. This is what it should be like in the spring and fall.
Have you given any thought about moving to a place where this weather is the norm "in the spring and fall"? You are not happy with the winter weather, and you are not happy with the summer weather, and you are not happy with the spring and fall weather. I hate to see anyone unhappy 99.9999999999999999999999999999999999% of the time - strike that, you are not happy 100% of the time!

Old 01-23-2012, 12:00 PM

1,518 posts, read 3,057,630 times
Quote:
Have you given any thought about moving to a place where this weather is the norm "in the spring and fall"? You are not happy with the winter weather, and you are not happy with the summer weather, and you are not happy with the spring and fall weather. I hate to see anyone unhappy 99.9999999999999999999999999999999999% of the time - strike that, you are not happy 100% of the time!
I'm happy when it snows. I'm also happy in the fall because it means the dreadful summer is over and it's only going to start feeling better.

As for your question, I've already said in the summer thread and maybe this one that I would like and do intend to move to a cooler climate some time. This just isn't the time.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas