Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-02-2010, 03:07 PM

198 posts, read 499,377 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by highcotton View Post
Beautiful state, but can get very cold in the winter. Only 1 million people live in the entire state...
Personally, I'll take that over the sprawl and crowds. I'm trying to make a trip during the winter to see just how bad it is. The summers are nice, as as the other seasons, though.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-02-2010, 03:14 PM

6,125 posts, read 7,471,945 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WestPlanoDude View Post
Personally, I'll take that over the sprawl and crowds. I'm trying to make a trip during the winter to see just how bad it is. The summers are nice, as as the other seasons, though.
Each to their own. Ain't it odd that 6.5 million people have elected to live in the DFW metro area, but only 1/6th of that number live in the entire state of Montana? Montana is truly beautiful and rugged, but the state obviously doesn't appeal to very many people at all. Not that it won't be perfect for you...because each to their own.

Old 08-02-2010, 03:17 PM

9,418 posts, read 13,492,235 times
Quote:
Yep! I was up there couple weeks ago and it was in the 70s.

The winters are pretty bad, but I've experienced Chicago winters in my youth so I should be fine.
I know some people who have a place up there and love it. They did experience a heat wave one year, but for the most part the summers are enjoyable.

Old 08-02-2010, 03:19 PM

Quote:
Yep! I was up there couple weeks ago and it was in the 70s.

The winters are pretty bad, but I've experienced Chicago winters in my youth so I should be fine.
Chicago winters are brutal...and the summers can be hot and very humid. That's a triple whammy! DFW only has hot summers...not overly humid, and the winters are usually very nice.

Old 08-02-2010, 03:19 PM

Quote:
Each to their own. Ain't it odd that 6.5 million people have elected to live in the DFW metro area, but only 1/6th of that number live in the entire state of Montana? Montana is truly beautiful and rugged, but the state obviously doesn't appeal to very many people at all. Not that it won't be perfect for you...because each to their own.
I mean no offense, but look at all the people who live in Dallas (one example on this board being DallasPigTown), yet bash it and constantly state how much they dislike it here. Go to the Montana forum, you'll find no such thing. I'm out.

Old 08-02-2010, 03:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXNGL View Post
I know some people who have a place up there and love it. They did experience a heat wave one year, but for the most part the summers are enjoyable.
Yeah. it was funny because the weekend I was leaving, everyone was complaining that it would be in the high 80s that week. Likewise, they probably find it funny how 50 degrees is considered "cold" here.

Old 08-02-2010, 03:23 PM

1,201 posts, read 4,539,997 times
Quote:
See, you thought wrong once again!
Did you ever think that you could be thinking wrong?

Old 08-02-2010, 03:34 PM

Quote:
I mean no offense, but look at all the people who live in Dallas (one example on this board being DallasPigTown) who live here, yet bash it and constantly state how much they dislike it here. Go to the Montana forum, you'll find no such thing. I'm out.
Must be heaven...and a well kept secret. Seriously, I'm sure almost all the people that live there enjoy it. But, it's not for very many people. I'd guess that a very small percentage of people living in Montana have traveled far from their home state. Many inherent the farm or ranch from parents and continue to do what their family has done for generations. Obviously they are satisfied with what they have and do...or they don't know any better, which may be the case. And of course some just like the solitude of living in the wilderness...much like many of the people that live in (for instance) rural Nebraska.

Personally, I can't imagine living hours away from virtually anything and everything, or living in a small town. There's only a half dozen towns that have a population over 10,000 people...and none with a population of 100k or more in the entire state. But, you may love it...and that's what counts.

Old 08-02-2010, 03:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaime_mac View Post
Did you ever think that you could be thinking wrong?
Not a chance in hell!

Old 08-02-2010, 03:47 PM

1,201 posts, read 4,539,997 times
Quote:
Not a chance in hell!
Oh well you must be a man who is never wrong, that explains why you're being like this.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas