Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-01-2010, 06:18 AM

1,004 posts, read 3,755,771 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canine*Castle View Post
How does one work outside with fans unless one is staying in one position? I haven't resorted to fans while working outdoors. That just wouldn't work for me.
And why is that? Have you tried?

I use two 3 ft diameter high velocity fans covering a work area of roughly 30ft x 30ft. They produce a constant breeze which makes any sweat evaporate making it really comfortable. I also wear very light clothes, of course. And I take a siesta from 2pm to 5pm (when the trees don't cast enough shade).

It reminds me of a day on the beach. And that's what makes it gorgeous for me.

Without a breeze and in the sun, it would be too hot for me to work outside.

I found the 88F + tropical humidity in the recent past when the remnants of tropical storms / hurricanes impacted our weather unbearable but LOVE the current dry heat.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-01-2010, 07:53 AM

5,406 posts, read 13,280,126 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by galore View Post
And why is that? Have you tried?

I use two 3 ft diameter high velocity fans covering a work area of roughly 30ft x 30ft. They produce a constant breeze which makes any sweat evaporate making it really comfortable. I also wear very light clothes, of course. And I take a siesta from 2pm to 5pm (when the trees don't cast enough shade).

It reminds me of a day on the beach. And that's what makes it gorgeous for me.

Without a breeze and in the sun, it would be too hot for me to work outside.

I found the 88F + tropical humidity in the recent past when the remnants of tropical storms / hurricanes impacted our weather unbearable but LOVE the current dry heat.
Okay, I wasn't thinking about a work area. I'm "all over the place" when outside, hence my comment that fans wouldn't work for me. So true ... the sun is a killer. That's great about feeling like you're on the beach.

Old 08-01-2010, 08:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TowerGuy View Post
Well, I 'm sorry but you seemed to have needed me to explain to you why I made the comparison. You, Canine*Castle, are the one who replied with "I don't need to compare unless someone wants to move" as if that is the only time in which I am allowed to make a comparison. I think that people here exaggerate the heat. I simply said that this is not the hottest place on the planet. Therefore, people here need to stop complaining so much about the heat. A comparison is necessary to prove such a point. The, "You're kind to "help them along", comment was not necessary and comes off as rude and dismissive.

Furthermore, why are you attacking Galore? Galore gave his/her opinion and he/she happens to thrive in this weather and believes that it is gorgeous. Your sarcastic reply of, "Wow, gorgeous. Okay..." was also not necessary.
That's the problem with reading writings. One often takes them as rude ad dismissive, but I didn't mean it that way. I was being sincere. I think we need audio sound with our postings and then we'd be able to detect tones in voices. I should have used a smiley face so you'd think differently, maybe anyway.

Attacking? I was basically giving my different thought of the weather. Necessary? You're right. None of it is necessary.

Please come back to the forums in the Winter and tell the people in Texas to stop complaining about the cold. I don't like the heat and I get attacked. I love the cold and I get attacked. Oh well. I truly get the picture. Have a great day.

Old 08-01-2010, 10:51 AM

2,110 posts, read 6,466,359 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveG99 View Post
This summer actually hasnt been so bad lately.

I take that back! 103 yesterday and 105 today and its above 100 for the next few days. UGH!

Old 08-01-2010, 10:54 AM

9,418 posts, read 13,502,256 times
Quote:
LOL. That was awesome!Yeah, I haven't seen enough on here to know that native posters are saying the same thing I am saying. I am mainly irritated with natives on the street that I meet.
I think it's just part of summer conversation, and has been forever- "Sure is hot today!" "Sure is. Try and stay cool!"

Old 08-01-2010, 01:08 PM

554 posts, read 1,197,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canine*Castle View Post
That's the problem with reading writings. One often takes them as rude ad dismissive, but I didn't mean it that way. I was being sincere. I think we need audio sound with our postings and then we'd be able to detect tones in voices. I should have used a smiley face so you'd think differently, maybe anyway.

Attacking? I was basically giving my different thought of the weather. Necessary? You're right. None of it is necessary.

Please come back to the forums in the Winter and tell the people in Texas to stop complaining about the cold. I don't like the heat and I get attacked. I love the cold and I get attacked. Oh well. I truly get the picture. Have a great day.
Oh okay good. I had thought that maybe you meant different that is why I said your previous posts come off as rude. Glad to hear it is just lost in translation for lack of sounds and tone. All is well! I agree with you on the fact that audio would be nice to have so I am giving you a positive rating!

Old 08-01-2010, 02:38 PM

Quote:
Oh okay good. I had thought that maybe you meant different that is why I said your previous posts come off as rude. Glad to hear it is just lost in translation for lack of sounds and tone. All is well! I agree with you on the fact that audio would be nice to have so I am giving you a positive rating!
Thank you kindly. Sometimes I think if we had photos of everyone, that would often help in determining something although I'm not sure what that something would be. There are times, though, when pictures are worth a thousand words. Oh well...audio would be better.

Old 08-01-2010, 07:58 PM

4 posts, read 9,676 times
i just moved here from MI and I think the heat has been fine. Really low humidity and around 100 degrees, nice. air conditioning and pools galore. usually no clouds in sight i am so happy to be out of crappy weather.

Old 08-01-2010, 08:08 PM

2,185 posts, read 5,016,198 times
Worst weather ever in Dallas. lol

Old 08-02-2010, 07:46 AM

2,110 posts, read 6,466,359 times

Another day as the hottest place in the USA. 106 again!

Last edited by DaveG99; 08-02-2010 at 08:27 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas