Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-14-2011, 08:58 AM

198 posts, read 502,079 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Bungle View Post
And taste is still subjective. The Maple and Motor guy is very outspoken about his hatred of in n out burger. But in his mind, they're the competition/ evil chain/ things he is against. Which is fine. I love a good, local burger as much as the next guy, too.

I say for this "challenge" to be truly fair, you need a group of maybe 8 people - preferably out of towners with no hometown hero mentality- who have never had either in n out or whataburger. Get them out here and get them the food as fresh as it can be. That is the only fair way to do it.

Well then it cant be in and out burger if you are expecking the food to be as fresh as can be the pattie has the texture of being out under a heat lamp for at least 1/2 a week. Reminds of a truck stop burger pattie.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-14-2011, 09:05 AM

1,631 posts, read 4,224,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tbone9900tx View Post
Well then it cant be in and out burger if you are expecking the food to be as fresh as can be the pattie has the texture of being out under a heat lamp for at least 1/2 a week. Reminds of a truck stop burger pattie.
"expecking"? "pattie"? I rest my case...

Old 07-14-2011, 09:46 AM

122 posts, read 349,013 times
I work a few exits down from the one off 75 and Lovers. They still have the middle lane on the service road of that exit blocked off.

Old 07-14-2011, 10:28 AM

8,734 posts, read 13,815,029 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kazyn View Post
I quite enjoyed the fries
That's good. I was going by the overwhelming recommendations not to have the fries without it.

Old 07-14-2011, 10:29 AM

Quote:
"expecking"? "pattie"? I rest my case...

Who is Pattie?

Old 07-14-2011, 10:42 AM

2,182 posts, read 5,436,673 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PanTerra View Post
Who is Pattie?

Old 07-14-2011, 11:50 AM

2,110 posts, read 6,463,107 times
Quote:
No, that is not animal style. Animal style includes more sauce, grilled onions and the patty slathered in mustard prior to cooking. And pickles added.
Yeah I forgot about the onions. So are the animal fries slathered in mustard too? I dont taste any mustard in the burger or fries.

Old 07-14-2011, 02:20 PM

3,020 posts, read 8,613,009 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tbone9900tx View Post
In-N-Out Vs. Whataburger: A Petty Patty Smackdown - Page 1 - Dining - Dallas - Dallas Observer

Like I said Whataburger is a couple notches up from In and Out...
I particularly loved this comment from that article:

"Whataburger is definitely better." He added, "I can go ahead and say Texans are smarter than Californians."

Are the people who are crazy nutso over In 'N Out opening here secretly inclined to want Texas to be more like California?

Kinda makes me wonder......

Old 07-14-2011, 02:49 PM

1,631 posts, read 4,224,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveG99 View Post
Yeah I forgot about the onions. So are the animal fries slathered in mustard too? I dont taste any mustard in the burger or fries.
The mustard is cooked into the meat on the grill. You can always order it with more or on the side or mustard only. Really any way you want. They do not have mayo. I'm also pretty sure the addition of pickles is animal style only and not part of the regular "stock" burger.

Animal style fries should have mustard as well. I know the veggie animal style has mustard on the lettuce/bun.

I don't mind Texas being more like CA in some ways but a lot of Dallas already is. That's just me though. It doesn't mean anything other than: yes, I moved here and miss certain comforts from the only other place I've ever lived, CA. I'm not actively doing anything other than "wanting" or "longing" etc...

Why don't we turn the tables and give credit to Whole Foods, a Texas company, for helping to make L.A. just a little snobby with their health food.

Old 07-14-2011, 03:32 PM

Quote:
The mustard is cooked into the meat on the grill. You can always order it with more or on the side or mustard only. Really any way you want. They do not have mayo. I'm also pretty sure the addition of pickles is animal style only and not part of the regular "stock" burger.

Animal style fries should have mustard as well. I know the veggie animal style has mustard on the lettuce/bun.

I don't mind Texas being more like CA in some ways but a lot of Dallas already is. That's just me though. It doesn't mean anything other than: yes, I moved here and miss certain comforts from the only other place I've ever lived, CA. I'm not actively doing anything other than "wanting" or "longing" etc...

Why don't we turn the tables and give credit to Whole Foods, a Texas company, for helping to make L.A. just a little snobby with their health food.
Couldn't you have brought some of the weather?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas