Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-03-2011, 01:12 PM

3,197 posts, read 5,373,658 times

Advertisements

LOL @ people saying they'll build an In-N-Out themselves.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-03-2011, 01:43 PM

14,862 posts, read 42,864,372 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LQQKOUT View Post
DAMN RIGHT! I am sure we could hire on our teens to run the place. lets go
I know enough teens looking for a job we could staff the place in no time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scout_972 View Post
LOL @ people saying they'll build an In-N-Out themselves.
Built it and they will come

Old 05-03-2011, 02:04 PM

8 posts, read 14,268 times
From the horse's mouth: "We're shooting for next week..."

Frisco and Allen In-N-Out Burgers: "We're shooting for next week" | Eats Blog | dallasnews.com

Old 05-03-2011, 03:15 PM

1 posts, read 1,945 times
I'm SO EXCITED!!! It's bothersome though that the grand opening date is no where to be found!!! it just makes it all the harder to know when i have to plan my day around lunch!! =D

Old 05-03-2011, 03:41 PM

8,734 posts, read 13,815,029 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by just_another_person View Post
I'm SO EXCITED!!! It's bothersome though that the grand opening date is no where to be found!!! it just makes it all the harder to know when i have to plan my day around lunch!! =D
I think that's the idea.

Old 05-03-2011, 03:42 PM

554 posts, read 1,196,494 times
LOL For all of those on this thread that have mentioned in passing that you would like Trader Joe's to come to Dallas...WISH GRANTED! That is too funny.

IN-N-OUT, Trader Joe's...what next?!

Old 05-03-2011, 04:24 PM

137 posts, read 328,884 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by just_another_person View Post
Historically, (meaning...it could change here in TX) In-n-Out does not do a dedicated Grand Opening in the traditional sense... advertising, fan fare, colored flags, etc. Their openings are soft, simply unlocking the doors and open for daily business. Of course, at some point they have to set a date and it would be really nice for us all to know what it is.

In advance of the official opening, they do a pre-opening party, or VIP party, when special invites are sent out indicating the date and the timeframe. The pre opening party gives the staff a chance to work under open conditions in a limited timeframe. I think someone in an earlier post mentioned they give special bracelets to the people that are invited.

Someone in an earlier post embedded a pic of an In-n-Out pre-opening party. The line was amazingly long so apparently they send out a lot of invites.

I spent 10 years in management with a casual dining chain based on the west coast. Our openings would be in four steps:
1. We would do the pre-opening party on Saturday from 12 to 4. The invitees would be local dignitaries, friends and families of our employees, suppliers, construction crew, neighboring business operators and anyone else that managed to get on the invite list. We sent a lot of invitations and always had a huge turn out. It was intended to give the employees a chance to work under realistic conditions, but in a limited timeframe.
2. Then we would take three days to tweak staff and operation with what we learned during the pre-opening party.
3. After that came the soft opening on Wednesday when we would simply open the doors for daily business.
4. Then all the ads ran for the big grand opening on Friday, Saturday and Sunday.

Old 05-03-2011, 04:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TowerGuy View Post
LOL For all of those on this thread that have mentioned in passing that you would like Trader Joe's to come to Dallas...WISH GRANTED! That is too funny.

IN-N-OUT, Trader Joe's...what next?!
So Trader Joes is a sure thing? Please tell us more. Will we be able to hit In n Out for lunch and stop at TJs on the way home? lol

Old 05-03-2011, 04:29 PM

14,862 posts, read 42,864,372 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sdflyer View Post
I spent 10 years in management with a casual dining chain based on the west coast. Our openings would be in four steps:
1. We would do the pre-opening party on Saturday from 12 to 4. The invitees would be local dignitaries, friends and families of our employees and anyone else that managed to get on the invite list. We sent a lot of invitations and always had a huge turn out. It was intended to give the employees a chance to work under realistic conditions, but in a limited timeframe.
2. Then we would take three days to tweak staff and operation with what we learned during the pre-opening party.
3. After that came the soft opening on Wednesday when we would simply open the doors for daily business.
4. Then all the ads ran for the big grand opening on Friday, Saturday and Sunday.
That is pretty much to a "T" how most of the openings of restaurants have been around here as well. We have gotten several invites for the pre-openings of many of them. The day they open is always mid-week w/ the
"Grand Opening" on a Friday or Saturday even though they have been open for a few days.

Old 05-03-2011, 04:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by momof2dfw View Post
That is pretty much to a "T" how most of the openings of restaurants have been around here as well. We have gotten several invites for the pre-openings of many of them. The day they open is always mid-week w/ the
"Grand Opening" on a Friday or Saturday even though they have been open for a few days.
Thats how most do it. I remember I had been invited when Chili's opened several years ago in my neighborhood. More recently I was able to attend the pre-opening party for the new Cains Chicken Tenders. Pre-openings are great, because they are typically free! I also remember when Sweet Tomatoes opened in Addison they charged a flat fee but the proceeds went to a local charity.

In-n-Out has always skipped the big grand opening. They just open... and its big and grand due to the buzz, hype and excitement created by word of mouth. They are seriously the envy of the industry although some are unwilling to admit it. Granted, their burgers may not appeal to everyone. I think its normal to expect that but their results...the attraction, loyalty and excitement are amazing.

Last edited by sdflyer; 05-03-2011 at 04:44 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas