Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Deals, Coupons, Free Stuff
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-04-2012, 04:08 PM

22,184 posts, read 14,796,611 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ketabcha View Post
Luckily, I am okay. A tornado touched down about a mile from me and destroyed some houses.

The power here went off yesterday around 2pm and came back on just now....24 hours later. We had hail and heavy rain then all that stopped. Everything stopped. I know tornadoes. I've survived them thanks to the basement we had in Kansas. I know what they sound like. Yeah, they do sound like freight trains. I never heard this one because I was in the only inside room in the house. The hall bath. It's sizeable and I had the 3 cats, quilts, pillows, cell phone, food and water and other cat stuff in there. Also, my two wonderful battery-operated Rayovak lanterns that saved the day.

My sister was so worried about me. She called on my cell and kept me on the phone for over an hour. She was relating to me what was going on outside. Yikes! I'm so lucky. It could have been so bad.

It's fantastic that the temp was cooler than the high 80s we've been having here. So, I was cool the entire time.

I'm a pseudo-prepper and have all kinds of food and water stored up. The lanterns convinced me to buy 2 more. They were wonderful because I read most of the time thanks to those lanterns.

Anyway, I was happy when the power came back on just now. My first question after making sure everyone I know was okay was to find out who was voted off of Dancing With the Stars. Yes, I am very deep.
Watching the videos on the news today with the tractor trailers flying in the air was pretty wild!
The news said nobody was killed which was a miracle.

Glad everybody is o.k.

Old 04-04-2012, 05:03 PM

15,632 posts, read 24,420,754 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wurzig View Post
He only poops in certain areas..(and it's more than one since we have acreage)....won't he start pooping by the tree if I do that?

Dogs are creatures of habit. They love habit and routine. If he's used to pooping in one area and if that area is always available to him, there's almost no chance he'll poop somewhere else, even if he sees/smells poop somewhere else.

Old 04-04-2012, 05:07 PM

15,632 posts, read 24,420,754 times
Quote:
And it looks like one of us is going to go back to MT @ Easter. He checked prices for her flight back to Missoula a few days ago.....mind you, this is ONE-WAY..$1,300. Today, he checked it, $1,000. (It is usually $300.)...... It's a long drive, but I don't mind......he drives straight through, but I can't do it... We'll see how it goes.....

Yikes! I dont know which is worse...the airfare or the long drive. As long as gas prices are up, airfare probably will be too.

Gas is @ $4.00 in my area. For the last 20 years I filled up my gas tank only @ every two weeks because I didnt have to drive far to work. But now I fill it up every five weeks or so.

Old 04-04-2012, 06:44 PM

15,891 posts, read 18,312,432 times
Quote:
I'm gonna stick him on the bbq pretty soon if he doesn't stop!
No way, Wurzig. I know you and I know your bark is worse than your bite. Actually, you don't have a bite.
There is no way that pony is going anywhere. You love him too much.

Old 04-04-2012, 06:56 PM

4,023 posts, read 5,525,022 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texasfirewheel View Post
Dogs are creatures of habit. They love habit and routine. If he's used to pooping in one area and if that area is always available to him, there's almost no chance he'll poop somewhere else, even if he sees/smells poop somewhere else.
He poops in several areas.........talked to husband about it over dinner..(great table conversation, huh!)....doesn't want to do it for fear that he'll start pooping right by the new trees......sigh...

Old 04-04-2012, 06:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ketabcha View Post
No way, Wurzig. I know you and I know your bark is worse than your bite. Actually, you don't have a bite.
There is no way that pony is going anywhere. You love him too much.
I know.....I know..........
He is still on my sh*t list though..........

Old 04-04-2012, 07:00 PM

Quote:
Yikes! I dont know which is worse...the airfare or the long drive. As long as gas prices are up, airfare probably will be too.

Gas is @ $4.00 in my area. For the last 20 years I filled up my gas tank only @ every two weeks because I didnt have to drive far to work. But now I fill it up every five weeks or so.
I looked at gasbuddy.com before I left for MT......they show a map of the USA...... WY. was the cheapest on gas.....the map is right...

I paid a ton for gas in CA. when we were there for the funeral in Feb...a lot more than CO. is right now.. It really ticked me off.......there are so many gas refineries in S. CA....around Long Beach and Signal Hill...... But gas tax is so high there.....I guess that is why.....

Old 04-04-2012, 07:08 PM

I think I left a part out........some tree guys came here today and planted 2 big, (but no leaves yet), trees out in the grass....honey locust, I think......not sure....he made the decision when I was in MT....we had an argument about what to buy, so I put off deciding and we are running out of time to plant during the dormant season......we had gone to a big tree place and rode around on the man's golf cart....he was pointing out the fastest growing, biggest trees that he had right now......only 4 choices and the one I wanted was not the best for our development...some type of maple....after a few years, they are not doing so great in our development, so...I didn't want oak and I forgot the 4th choice, but I didn't want that one either.....

Not what I wanted......but the dog needs more shade this summer...... They brought a big awl or whatever those drill things are......the roots are deep and they tied them with big stakes.....he is trying to keep The Pony away from them..... They are large and would be hard to yank out, but I wouldn't put it past him....

Old 04-05-2012, 08:31 AM

43,854 posts, read 51,154,207 times
Happy Thursday!

For ketabcha.......

So glad all is well with you!! I figured you probably lost
power. I'm actually surprised they got it back on so quickly. Looks like
the area really suffered lots of damage.

Quote:
It's $4 a gallon here as well. Going into the summer months, high gas prices really put a dent in our tourist revenue. So many people here who work for not only the theme parks directly, but restaurants, hotels and other business ventures really depend on the high tourist seasons. We have enough people out of work as it is.

One day I'll only have to has up every few weeks ....but for now I am
really feeling the higher gas prices. Wouldn't bother me so much if it wasn't totally senseless in it being so high. It isn't as though we are a country without RESOURCES. I wish those folks in Washington would realize MY gas isn't paid with tax dollars. The price matters.

Old 04-05-2012, 09:42 AM

12,114 posts, read 14,995,149 times
Good morning!!

I gassed up last week and it was still $3.65. Thank goodness I only go to town about once every week or two weeks. I do all my errands on the day I have to go in anyway and hubby and daughter pick up fore me during the week.

I save my $$ for filling up the motor home.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Deals, Coupons, Free Stuff