Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Delaware
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-06-2011, 06:33 AM

1,916 posts, read 3,913,022 times

Advertisements

Milford isn't bad; I would apply there if I lived closer to that area. A guy I went to high school with teaches there and seems to like it. There are some rough students who may be linked to Dover-based gangs, but most of them leave school by (or before) age 16. That's obviously not good for their future, but that's how gang life goes.

However--generally speaking, I believe Milford has a strong administration and it's a decent place to work.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-06-2011, 05:13 PM

13,254 posts, read 33,535,081 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beachliz View Post
Milford isn't bad; I would apply there if I lived closer to that area. A guy I went to high school with teaches there and seems to like it. There are some rough students who may be linked to Dover-based gangs, but most of them leave school by (or before) age 16. That's obviously not good for their future, but that's how gang life goes.

However--generally speaking, I believe Milford has a strong administration and it's a decent place to work.

And it's where I grew up!

Any Questions on how to use this site? See this.

Realtors, See This.

Moderator - Lehigh Valley, NEPA, Harrisburg, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, Delaware, Education and Colleges and Universities.

When I post in bold red, that is Moderator action and per the TOS can be discussed only via Direct Message.

Old 05-06-2011, 05:42 PM

Cool!! My great-grandfather was once the chief of Milford PD. Like I said, the family has been in Delaware FOREVER...

Old 05-06-2011, 06:27 PM

66 posts, read 120,733 times
Default It begins!!!!!!

OMG! My wife has her first scheduled interview this upcoming week in Smyrna! When we found out our nerves were going crazy and this whole process just became real. Next week we'll be driving down after work and she'll have the interview the next day then we have to drive back. So, not a lot of time to enjoy Delaware, but we're excited.

Old 05-06-2011, 06:31 PM

That's great!!! We're all rooting for her. She'll know within a day or two if she has the job--that's typically how it goes here. Best wishes!

Old 05-10-2011, 04:12 AM

Default We leave tonight

We're leaving right after work tonight and driving straight to Dover. Tomorrow my wife has an interview in Smyrna in the afternoon and then we're driving back. We plan on driving around Smyrna/Clayton and if we have time, parts of Dover. Are there any places we "have" to visit in the little time we'll be there to get a real feel for the area?

Old 05-10-2011, 06:18 AM

Ronny's Garden World and Willey Farms (Smyrna) are nice to visit on route 13 if you like fresh, local goodies

Old 05-10-2011, 10:56 AM

297 posts, read 743,432 times
I second Willey Farms, which is closer to Townsend than Smyrna (north of Smyrna). Fun local store. My daughter loves going to eat all the samples.

Good luck to your wife!

Old 05-13-2011, 07:23 PM

Default Still nothing

So my wife had her interview on Wednesday and we had some time to look around the Dover/Smyrna area. We visited the mall which is much like the ones in Syracuse which was comforting. We spent the rest of our time before the interview driving around Smyrna and checking out the local grocery stores to get a feel for where we may have to shop. We'll be missing Wegmans, a huge supermarket chain in the northeast who ranks in the top 5 of companies to work for nationally each year. We do love the Smyrna area and want to search Dover more.

However, she didn't get an answer yet. They were doing interviews Wednesday and Thursday so I figure they will call Monday. Any thoughts?

Old 05-13-2011, 07:27 PM

297 posts, read 743,432 times
Thoughts? I miss Wegman's, too. We moved to DE from Fredericksburg, where they opened (at the time) their biggest store. The closest one to me in Middletown is Cherry Hill, NJ.

Good luck! I hope she hears back soon, and that it's good news for you!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Delaware