Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Delaware
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-10-2008, 05:59 AM

16,199 posts, read 11,675,801 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rossc View Post
Especially when he keeps slinging the same mud that the fact checkers have proven false. I do agree that his proposals seem a little too much like what the current administration would come up with. I think Obama has laid out some proposals that stand a chance and he's provided enough details so that a truly impartial voter interested in better economy and not just voting the party line can see that they stand a chance.
He is slinging the same mud because that is all there is and he has to sling something because he is drowning.

The difference between the two is dramatic. it's not like Hillary verse Obama.
They were pretty much the same in policies.
But McCain and Obama are not!!

The is a huge difference so that just goes to show you who is an impartial voter and who is not. Some just will vote on the party line regardelss.
That is so sad because our country is in deep trouble from sea to shining sea.
I don't want someone that is on the side of corporations and oil companies.
I want someone for the people..........average middle class people who are the backbone of this country.
I have not seen this in 8 years.
What happen to no child left behind?

Oh and you can imagine if Bush face got his way and SS was layed to rest and all the money was left to us to invest.

Our deficit is through the roof and we are spread thin all through the world, now the market is on the brink of disaster or already there.

We only have a few weeks left for election and I hope and pray we do have voter voting with an impartial attitude or realistic one!!

Last edited by elizamary; 10-10-2008 at 06:54 AM..

Old 10-10-2008, 06:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baconator View Post
With all due respect, didn't the Democrats take control of congress during the mid-term elections? I believe that they have an approval rating lower than GWB and at their lowest point they were in the single digits.

Prior to the Dems taking congress consumer confidence was at a 2 1/2 year high. Unemployment was at 4.5 percent and the Dow hit a record above $14,000.00

Yes they did and you are right. They stink too. But not just the democrats, republicans in congress too.
I have often said..........congress needs to be cleaned out totally.

So here we have a bunch of self serving idiots in congress and a president that has no brains and heart only for oil companies and big corporations.........
No wonder we are in such a mess.
I do agree congress Dem or republican needs to go. We need fresh blood.
or God help us.

also, Bush has had his way pretty much in the past 8 years. If he disagrees with congress, he usually get his way regardless.
How does this happen?

Last edited by elizamary; 10-10-2008 at 06:55 AM..

Old 10-10-2008, 07:56 AM

957 posts, read 3,700,976 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elizamary View Post
Oh and you can imagine if Bush face got his way and SS was layed to rest and all the money was left to us to invest.

Speaking of investing, the stock market opened down 400 points this morning. They are officially calling it a crash. It's at -200 or so now. It was at about -200 this time yesterday and closed at almost -700. I'm not sure at what point the fed will step in and cease trading.

Old 10-10-2008, 08:24 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,797,202 times
Quote:
He is slinging the same mud because that is all there is and he has to sling something because he is drowning.

The difference between the two is dramatic. it's not like Hillary verse Obama.
They were pretty much the same in policies.
But McCain and Obama are not!!

The is a huge difference so that just goes to show you who is an impartial voter and who is not. Some just will vote on the party line regardelss.
That is so sad because our country is in deep trouble from sea to shining sea.
I don't want someone that is on the side of corporations and oil companies.
I want someone for the people..........average middle class people who are the backbone of this country.
I have not seen this in 8 years.
What happen to no child left behind?

Our deficit is through the roof and we are spread thin all through the world, now the market is on the brink of disaster or already there.

We only have a few weeks left for election and I hope and pray we do have voter voting with an impartial attitude or realistic one!!
what the heck are you talking about, Bush wanting to do away with SS?

Nita

Old 10-10-2008, 03:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
what the heck are you talking about, Bush wanting to do away with SS?

Nita

I should re phrase this. He wanted to privatize SS.

Here is the link.
Skepticism of Bush's Social Security Plan Is Growing (washingtonpost.com)

Looking at what is happening in todays market, this would have been a big mistake.

Old 10-10-2008, 03:29 PM

Quote:
I should re phrase this. He wanted to privatize SS.

Here is the link.
Skepticism of Bush's Social Security Plan Is Growing (washingtonpost.com)

Looking at what is happening in todays market, this would have been a big mistake.
yes he did, but not with all our money, just a very small portion. You would still have most of it, but would have the option of putting a little bit into a private fund. At least that is how I understand it. What is happening now is a total disaster, but thoe of us over 50 have seen this before (not quite as bad) it will come back. The people who are hunting the worst right now are those just about to retire, the young people or the middle aged ones will re-coup. I may not be in the majority, but I happen to think allowing us to take a small portion of our SS and do what we want with it isn't all bad...With what is happening now, don't you think someone is going to pay through the nose and SS is going to suffer???

Nita

Old 10-10-2008, 07:22 PM

Quote:
yes he did, but not with all our money, just a very small portion. You would still have most of it, but would have the option of putting a little bit into a private fund. At least that is how I understand it. What is happening now is a total disaster, but thoe of us over 50 have seen this before (not quite as bad) it will come back. The people who are hunting the worst right now are those just about to retire, the young people or the middle aged ones will re-coup. I may not be in the majority, but I happen to think allowing us to take a small portion of our SS and do what we want with it isn't all bad...With what is happening now, don't you think someone is going to pay through the nose and SS is going to suffer???

Nita
I happen to disagree with you. I dont' want them taking my money and investing it in a market that could take a dive which is what is happening now.
SS has been suffering for sometime and what they need to do is fix it.
Where will they get the money some may ask.
Well they seem to have it for everything else including this God forsaken war that should have never happened in the first place.

Old 10-10-2008, 07:58 PM

Quote:
I happen to disagree with you. I dont' want them taking my money and investing it in a market that could take a dive which is what is happening now.
Well they seem to have it for everything else including this God forsaken war that should have never happened in the first place.
I don't want to get into the war issue as that is something for a different thread but you are not alone, I just happen to feel differently about the SS issue. Would I want all my money invested? No, but 2 or 3% in investments I choose, Yes!!!!

Again, this is a matter that makes for a very interesting debate.

Nita

Old 10-17-2008, 09:05 AM

4 posts, read 6,362 times
Quote:
huh? what are you talking about??? If you are referring to a vet disability, think of what he went through, how he doesn't have full use of his arms, etc. Many people we know, who served our country and get some disability also have been able to hold down a job.
Yes, you are right many have. I know quite a few since we are a military family. It is a mental challenge being a POW, and that's why many of us, who know, feel that he really shouldn't run because they go through a LOT mentally, and he shouldn't be in a position to make that kind of decisions for our Country. He really shouldn't be a Senator. Trust me, we admire him because we know what it was like to be in the Military, and especially during the Viet Nam era. We had to wait for letters, we had to PRAY that they got back safely, and without harm, we went through a lot as military wives. Imagine what the first Mrs. McCain went through (she's another reason I won't vote for him)!

Old 10-17-2008, 09:18 AM

4 posts, read 6,362 times
Quote:
elizamary, I agree with you! If I'm going to gamble with my money, then let me do it. As for the war, you are correct again - Sadam did not have a thing to do with OUR towers coming down - to be truthful he had the people thinking of coming to Iraq to do terror under control - now George Bush has created a monster. Those groups now have somewhere to go to rev up their acts of terror....Iraq. Then, John McCain talks about the surge, but some of our people are not listening....these people are being paid with our money not to kill/maim our troops, and most of them were gone when the "surge" came through, and now they are gathering again!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Delaware
View detailed profiles of: