Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Delaware
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-22-2008, 12:38 AM

1,827 posts, read 2,590,026 times

Advertisements

I detest Joe Biden and wouldn't vote for him BUT I WOULD vote for Joe Flacco for ROY!

Old 09-22-2008, 06:33 AM

16,199 posts, read 11,677,633 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WingsOfGold View Post
I detest Joe Biden and wouldn't vote for him BUT I WOULD vote for Joe Flacco for ROY!
Joe Biden is not running for president. Neither is Sara Palin. Could either one, God forbid, end up in the oval office? Sure. Something could happen to either man that wins the election in November. So I do understand we need to look at the Veeps.
But while voting for the man that will lead our country out of the fires of hell in Jan, lets focus on the presidential slot. This person is the one that will pick his advisors and cabinet members who have a lot to do with what direction this country will take.
It has got to be good ladies and gentleman or we are done. Our country as of the moment is not in a good place.

60 minutes was divided last night between McCain and Obama interviews.
Both had equal time and Both are good men.
Question........who is best to lead this nation.
I happen to lean more to democratic policies more so that republican.
Obama is cool, calm and collected.
McCain gets nervous and rambles without answering the question. He is not a speaker and comes across with less brains that he really has.
He is really not that bright. His father and grand father had connections and wanted him to fill their shoes.
McCain was a POW and a hero.....will give him that. But as far as brains go, he is medicore.
Obama is soooo smart, cool and collected. Sort of reminds me of Bill Clinton.
Bill clinton may have been a flanader but this country was in a good place economically and abroad. He knew how to handle people in a diplomatic way.
I see Obama in this roll.

Why anyone would say they hate joe biden is beyond my comprehension. Would you care to explain?

Old 09-22-2008, 08:11 AM

2,061 posts, read 4,137,766 times
I got a piece of literature in the mail about 2 weeks ago~ Sen. McCain says we should deregulate the health industry like he deregulated the banking industry~Also gotta privatised SS so we can invest our own retirement in the strongstock market!

that sounds to me like strike 1~strike2~strike3!!

Old 09-22-2008, 08:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by deckdoc View Post
I got a piece of literature in the mail about 2 weeks ago~ Sen. McCain says we should deregulate the health industry like he deregulated the banking industry~Also gotta privatised SS so we can invest our own retirement in the strongstock market!

that sounds to me like strike 1~strike2~strike3!!

hum, hum, hum.........sounds a little like what has been in there for almost 8 years. I for one want change. We are in desparate need of change to save this country from peril.
Strong stock market huh??? Could this be denial or stupidity? Can't quite figure out each. Maybe a little of both?

Old 09-22-2008, 08:23 AM

179 posts, read 706,765 times
As usual we come down to vote for the lesser of 2 evils. This contest should not have been McC vs O but rather Clinton VS Romney or Huck. Please remember that whoever is elected will have very little to do with the economy or foreign affairs but their subordinates will. Lord help us; we need it!

Old 09-22-2008, 08:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Older&Wiser View Post
As usual we come down to vote for the lesser of 2 evils. This contest should not have been McC vs O but rather Clinton VS Romney or Huck. Please remember that whoever is elected will have very little to do with the economy or foreign affairs but their subordinates will. Lord help us; we need it!

This is true older&wiser.......

It all depends on who they pick for their administration, cabinet and advisors.

Although, the president does have a lot to do with the decsions. Take Bush, Cheney and the rest of them.
Bush had a chance to put his foot down when Rumsfield and Cheney were all gun ho on war.
But he didn't. I don't believe either Obama or McCain would rush into war the way they did.
But I feel Obama is more likely to demand diplomacy first and foremost before we plunge needlessly into a war.

Old 09-22-2008, 10:11 AM

957 posts, read 3,701,463 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elizamary View Post
McCain gets nervous and rambles without answering the question. He is not a speaker and comes across with less brains that he really has.
He is really not that bright. His father and grand father had connections and wanted him to fill their shoes.
He'd fit right in with the current administration then.

Old 09-22-2008, 11:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rossc View Post
He'd fit right in with the current administration then.

I often wonder why he wasn't involved in this present administration. Bush and McCain were rivals at one time. Guess that is why.
Sort of like Hillary and Obama. Both have pretty much the same policies yet they dont' like each other.
Even though, publically they will support each other.

Old 09-22-2008, 11:05 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,821,377 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elizamary View Post
Joe Biden is not running for president. Neither is Sara Palin. Could either one, God forbid, end up in the oval office? Sure. Something could happen to either man that wins the election in November. So I do understand we need to look at the Veeps.
But while voting for the man that will lead our country out of the fires of hell in Jan, lets focus on the presidential slot. This person is the one that will pick his advisors and cabinet members who have a lot to do with what direction this country will take.
It has got to be good ladies and gentleman or we are done. Our country as of the moment is not in a good place.

60 minutes was divided last night between McCain and Obama interviews.
Both had equal time and Both are good men.
Question........who is best to lead this nation.
I happen to lean more to democratic policies more so that republican.
Obama is cool, calm and collected.
McCain was a POW and a hero.....will give him that. But as far as brains go, he is medicore.
Obama is soooo smart, cool and collected. Sort of reminds me of Bill Clinton.
Bill clinton may have been a flanader but this country was in a good place economically and abroad. He knew how to handle people in a diplomatic way.
I see Obama in this roll.

Why anyone would say they hate joe biden is beyond my comprehension. Would you care to explain?

Not a good speaker, you are so right, not very bright, who are you or any of us to judge? Besides many of our best and most respected Pres have not been very bright but knew how to surround them with good managers.

Are you aware 60 minutes, like ABC, edits 42 min interview down to 3 minutes or so, cutting what they feel like cutting?

Supporting one candidate over the other is what most of us will do and will vote accordingly, but to make a statement like you made makes be wonder Moderator cut: edit ..by the way, S Palin spells her name with an H at the end.
Nita

Last edited by christina0001; 09-22-2008 at 01:34 PM.. Reason: personal attack

Old 09-22-2008, 11:06 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,821,377 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Older&Wiser View Post
or Duncan Hunter who just couldn't begin to get off the ground...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Delaware
View detailed profiles of: