Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Delaware
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-22-2008, 03:00 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,810,535 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by elizamary View Post
What I do know is McCain graduated 5th from the bottom of his class.

JFK had charisma and that is what got him elected.
As for Reagan...probably the same. He was an actor. Not a very good one unless you enjoyed bedtime with Bonzo. I believe he used to watch this all the time too. LOL> Probably drove Nancy nuts

They all have something. McCain is a war hero no one can deny him that but we live in another era. The Vietnam war was a war that in way was necessary and should of never been.
I would like to see a president exhaust diplomacy first before going to war.
Not a hundred % McCain will see it this way.

Maybe it was a really good class that year??

I think most of us would like to see our leaders exhaust diplomacy first, but too often this doesn't work. My parents lost many friends in world war 2, my dad was shot down twice and my little brother was almost kiilled in Nam. My college boyfriends brother was killed. God knows our family has been touched by it. Of course some families more so. It would be nice if we could live in a world where dipolmacy could solve all our problems. As for how McCain would re-act I really don't know, but would hope his advisors would step in if it is needed. Let us hope we can soon have peace for at least a few more decades.

JFK and Reagan used their charm to get to where they got, but JFK also used daddy's money and pull, the Daley machine and questionable tactics. Reagan came from a working class family, was probably lucky to even attend college due to finances and actaully had a couple good movies: one: wheres the rest of me and the Knute Rockne story. (I am just playen with you now...

It is obvious you and I disagree on politics, but we can be friends. One of my favorite bridge partner and friend in NM was twice as far to the left as I am the right. Actually I am not a really die in the wool right winger, but I am to the right of central, that is for sure. I would fare to well in Deleware.

Nita

Old 09-22-2008, 03:27 PM

16,199 posts, read 11,676,819 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
Maybe it was a really good class that year??

I think most of us would like to see our leaders exhaust diplomacy first, but too often this doesn't work. My parents lost many friends in world war 2, my dad was shot down twice and my little brother was almost kiilled in Nam. My college boyfriends brother was killed. God knows our family has been touched by it. Of course some families more so. It would be nice if we could live in a world where dipolmacy could solve all our problems. As for how McCain would re-act I really don't know, but would hope his advisors would step in if it is needed. Let us hope we can soon have peace for at least a few more decades.

JFK and Reagan used their charm to get to where they got, but JFK also used daddy's money and pull, the Daley machine and questionable tactics. Reagan came from a working class family, was probably lucky to even attend college due to finances and actaully had a couple good movies: one: wheres the rest of me and the Knute Rockne story. (I am just playen with you now...

It is obvious you and I disagree on politics, but we can be friends. One of my favorite bridge partner and friend in NM was twice as far to the left as I am the right. Actually I am not a really die in the wool right winger, but I am to the right of central, that is for sure. I would fare to well in Deleware.

Nita
Hi Nita........
I definately agree with you to agree to disagree. This is America and we all have the right to our own ideas and opinions. That is what makes this country so great!!!

I really do beleive we need more center in politics. The extremes are what is tearing this country apart. United we stand, divided we fall. I do not want to see this great country fall.
I'm just still so angry about he war in Iraq. Never saw any good reason for it. The money spent and the lives lost on both sides is a horrible price to pay for a mistake.
Then again, thats another topic.

I have a great friend that is a Bush supporter. This man would give you the shirt of his back. We do not discuss poliitics. We each respect each others right to his and her opinion.

War is a terrible thing and I do agree it is necessary at times. It is really hard to say how someone would react until the time comes. All we can do is hope and pray whoever gets elected will excercis good judgement and courage to do the right thing.

Take care nita and may the best man win for all our sakes.

Wonder if Bedtime for Bonzo is on tonight

Eliza

Old 09-22-2008, 04:04 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,810,535 times
Quote:
Hi Nita........
I definately agree with you to agree to disagree. This is America and we all have the right to our own ideas and opinions. That is what makes this country so great!!!

I really do beleive we need more center in politics. The extremes are what is tearing this country apart. United we stand, divided we fall. I do not want to see this great country fall.
I'm just still so angry about he war in Iraq. Never saw any good reason for it. The money spent and the lives lost on both sides is a horrible price to pay for a mistake.
Then again, thats another topic.

I have a great friend that is a Bush supporter. This man would give you the shirt of his back. We do not discuss poliitics. We each respect each others right to his and her opinion.

War is a terrible thing and I do agree it is necessary at times. It is really hard to say how someone would react until the time comes. All we can do is hope and pray whoever gets elected will excercis good judgement and courage to do the right thing.

Take care nita and may the best man win for all our sakes.

Wonder if Bedtime for Bonzo is on tonight

Eliza
I hope it isn't, I have to watch, Cash Cab, then OReilly, then CNN plus of course a football game. ..and I happen to think discussing politics in a civil way can be fun and educational. I have had friends I can discuss them with and others not. I won't change your mind, you won't change mine, but we can enjoy hearing the others side. The thing that always blows my mind is the person who says I always vote such and such way and I am backing so and so: why are you? I just am. or I thing such and such bill is wrong, why, just because. Give me a reason and I will respect you...

Nita

Old 09-22-2008, 05:19 PM

957 posts, read 3,701,184 times
Quote:
I really do beleive we need more center in politics. The extremes are what is tearing this country apart.
What we need is less politics and more action. If by some miracle a politician does get something done, it ends up costing 100 times more than it should and taking 50 times longer.

The people we elect are tearing this county apart. When they offer multi-million dollar incentives to US companies to close and move overseas, what exactly to they expect to happen to the unemployment rate? It doesn't take a rocket scientist.

That's just one small example of what the fed has done to get us where we are today.

Old 09-22-2008, 06:03 PM

1,634 posts, read 6,721,300 times
Biden's wife is hot, Palin is hot, Mrs. McCain is hot, Michelle Obama has a nice booty. It's a toss up for me.

Old 09-22-2008, 06:45 PM

179 posts, read 706,718 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe84323 View Post
After the past 8 years, you say liberal like it's a bad thing.

From the track record of the past 8 conservative years, the word liberal is one of the most beautiful sounds I've heard.

If you make over $250k a year, and complain about taxes, you are greedy, which isn't so Christian, now is it?

That's what I don't understand... bible this bible that, then greed and war.. go figure.

After 9 years of Catholic school, I was taught to be selfless, not selfish. Give, not take. Was our bible that different from the bible read by the bible belt red states?

I'm for total separation of Church and State, but those who want everything so theocratic are so hypocritical it makes me sick.
Actually I dislike way left libs and way right Reps. As stated somewhere I would rather have a choice of someone other than O or McC but that being said.......... O is wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy left; at least McC jumps the middle. Please don't say that McC is another Bush. That is just Dem rhetoric. Back about 8 monthsa ago I was listening to Meet The Press when Russert was still alive. He had Mary Matalin(R), Carville(D), Mike Murphy(R) and Bob Strump(D). At the time it appeared that McCain would get the nod and Russert asked Strump what is the best way for Dems to beat McC. Strump's answer was " ya gotta kill the baby in the crib, whenever you say McCain also say Bush. Bush/McCain. Bush/McCain" To which someone chimed in "that's not accurate" and Strump says something lke "who cares".

Old 09-22-2008, 09:13 PM

11,535 posts, read 30,284,608 times
Yeah McCain jumps in the middle all rignt. He applied for a marriage license in Arizona while he was still married and living at home with his wife. He didn't get a divorce until several months later. Now, the news reports her says he's met his 'soulmate' in Palin. I woonder what the elder Mrs. McCain thinks about that?

Old 09-23-2008, 04:19 AM

392 posts, read 991,562 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by linicx View Post
Yeah McCain jumps in the middle all rignt. He applied for a marriage license in Arizona while he was still married and living at home with his wife. He didn't get a divorce until several months later. Now, the news reports her says he's met his 'soulmate' in Palin. I woonder what the elder Mrs. McCain thinks about that?
Where did you get your information?

Old 09-23-2008, 06:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaroleM View Post
Where did you get your information?
Hi Carole

I would like to know the answer to this too.

The problem with these discussions, people get hot headed over the issues then go to the extreme. It is very hard to tell the rumors from facts at times.
I am going to check on snope. They usually clear up these kinds of matter.

Old 09-23-2008, 06:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rossc View Post
What we need is less politics and more action. If by some miracle a politician does get something done, it ends up costing 100 times more than it should and taking 50 times longer.

The people we elect are tearing this county apart. When they offer multi-million dollar incentives to US companies to close and move overseas, what exactly to they expect to happen to the unemployment rate? It doesn't take a rocket scientist.

That's just one small example of what the fed has done to get us where we are today.
There are many contributing factors. Politics can be another word for bull crap.
I agree............all of washington needs to be "cleaned" out and replaced with people that can not be bought or take bribes.
Right now, it's pretty greed that is running the country. Oil and big industry tycoons are getting richer than God. Meanwhile, some people are trying to decide if they should fill their tank for work or buy food.
We are living in scary times. I know I want a change big time. McCain is too much of the same old, same old. He has not convinced me otherwise.
Obama has made a good choice so far in picking Biden and that tells me he will pick the rest of his cabinet and advisors accordingly.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Delaware
View detailed profiles of: