Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Delaware
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-24-2008, 10:26 AM

106 posts, read 319,620 times

Advertisements

I do know Joe Biden personally and he is a sweetheart. If you saw his VP acceptance speech, that was the real Joe. Good family values, passionate. Our politics do differ, however, but if you are inclined to vote Democrat, he brings much more to the ticket than does Obama who only brings the ability to rally a crowd.

Old 09-24-2008, 01:06 PM

41 posts, read 117,008 times
Default Joe Biden

When people say Biden is poor you may want to read alittle more. 2.3 million last year is not poor. Did you make that much?

And my friend went to a fund raiser for Biden and Biden was hitting on his wife , he like the rest , how many years has he been there since 1972?

Your life in Del is great, thats right the tax free state.

Old 09-25-2008, 08:27 AM

271 posts, read 996,150 times
mike, you express your ideas well, and I wish I time to address your entire post. I don't. So I'll just say that the taking of Biden's "It's time to be patriotic" out of context is unfair to the Senator--and misleading. Without going back to find his exact words, I believe he said that the idea is not to stress the middle-class, that it's the people of wealth who might view their greater monetary contributions as "patriotic."

Since McCain makes the same statement, perhaps phrasing it a bit differently, I doubt that he would want to take on Biden about the above.

Aerialifts, most of us in Delaware, who've known Joe Biden for, yes, a long long time, would be shocked if your friend's wife was truly being "hit on." Joe has always had a dazzling smile, and, wow, do you feel the force of it when you're standing before him, and he is a genuinely friendly man. But hitting on friend's wife? No.

Old 09-26-2008, 01:43 PM

4 posts, read 6,366 times
I'd say vote for the person who speak as if the were me! I do not care about Republican, Democrat, Independent, blue, or red. We are all Americans (those that are legal), and it is great to have choices. I am a registered Republican, but I will be voting Democrat (not because of Biden), because I have had enough. I like McCain, but I just believe that mentally he is out of touch - why does he get 100% disability?

Old 09-26-2008, 04:27 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,821,377 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mariejack View Post
I'd say vote for the person who speak as if the were me! I do not care about Republican, Democrat, Independent, blue, or red. We are all Americans (those that are legal), and it is great to have choices. I am a registered Republican, but I will be voting Democrat (not because of Biden), because I have had enough. I like McCain, but I just believe that mentally he is out of touch - why does he get 100% disability?
huh? what are you talking about??? If you are referring to a vet disability, think of what he went through, how he doesn't have full use of his arms, etc. Many people we know, who served our country and get some disability also have been able to hold down a job.

Old 09-27-2008, 01:41 PM

50 posts, read 131,852 times
Default present

Quote:
Originally Posted by debbiekr View Post
At least McCain has the courage to vote either "yes" or "no" rather than "present". Only a coward who is afraid to stand behind what they believe would do such a thing. You can't make everyone happy, unless you vote present of course.
He voted present about 3%........ big deal. McCain has THEE WORST record of NO VOTE! At least Barack showed up!

Old 09-27-2008, 01:52 PM

50 posts, read 131,852 times
Default yes, yes, yes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe84323 View Post
No doubt McCain would do better than Bush, but I just can't trust him anymore now that he sold out to try to get elected, especially since the whole Palin bs.

Obama doesn't have the experience, but Biden does. Whether he listens to Biden, who knows, but the only reliable experience is with Biden. McCain would have been decent until he started yielding to everything red. He's really let me down.

Still

Old 09-27-2008, 02:02 PM

957 posts, read 3,701,463 times
Did anyone watch the debate? Obama was talking about the issues and what needs to be done. All McCain could do was talk about what he HAS done in the past 20 years and on just about every topic, tell Obama that he "doesn't understand" when it was abundantly clear that he does understand quite well.

Obama did mention cutting the tax breaks to companies manufacturing overseas and instead reward those companies providing US jobs....So evidently that practice is still going on.

Old 09-27-2008, 04:00 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,821,377 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rossc View Post
Did anyone watch the debate? Obama was talking about the issues and what needs to be done. All McCain could do was talk about what he HAS done in the past 20 years and on just about every topic, tell Obama that he "doesn't understand" when it was abundantly clear that he does understand quite well.

Obama did mention cutting the tax breaks to companies manufacturing overseas and instead reward those companies providing US jobs....So evidently that practice is still going on.
your take only: who won, who lost, depends on what poll you beleive: truthfully and let's be thruthful, if that is possible for the left wing, it probably was a toss up and boring at that. Neither said a damn thing they hadn't said before.....\

Old 09-27-2008, 04:26 PM

4 posts, read 8,371 times
Sorry to say Biden would have been better presidential candidate than either choice at this point, however, I am not voting for a candidate that is going to raise my taxes any higher as we are self employed and small business owners. With this bail out we are all going to pay at some point but let's take the taxpayers dollars that go overseas to these countries that hate us because it is the humanitarian thing to do. Where are these countries at when Katrina hit or when Ike just blew apart Galveston? Not a darn dime from any of these places. Keep the dollars here and help what needs to be done to get the economy going. If the wealthy stop spending than what do we have? we can't afford the stock market and wall street is finished without main street. There are alot of famlies who make 250,000 in the big cities but are paying mortgages double what we pay here in this area for something really small. Think about it. Doctors and lawyers make good dollars but are usually strapped with big college debt to get where they are today and we are going to burden them with 50% tax basis? Who is going to be able to afford to go to the doctor if they have to charge high office visit? Medical practices are small businesses and going to hit them with 50% taxes? No one is going to be able to go to a small business for anything. there won't be any left. Of course Obama says there are tax loopholes for these people. I would sure like to see a tax loophole! So until Obama changes his tax policy, I guess I am being unpatriotic and voting for McCain. I already feed enough people and Obama seems to think I need to do more. Thank goodness we are going to have a great new governor....Jack Markell! Joe pointed out many months ago on the campaign trail....that Obama wasn't experienced enough for the job of being our president. He talks the talk but I don't think he can walk the walk. He has no governoring experience. He hasn't been in charge of anyone. (maybe his family) Joe is our voice in the congress. What will happen? Carper and Castle sure don't have the experience internationally in foreign affairs that Joe has. I hope he wins the seat but not the vp election, but just my opinion.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Delaware
View detailed profiles of: