Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Delaware
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-17-2011, 07:42 PM

96 posts, read 190,493 times

Advertisements

Charley, I'll be happy to pass along your regards and I know they'll be well-received. Mary has always spoken fondly of you and Marlene.

I'm sorry that I won't get to meet Tombee on Saturday, but happy that he and his wife have found 'their place'. I wish them all the best and will just hope to meet them when they visit later. Maybe I'll still get lucky and get to meet Big Lady on Saturday!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-19-2011, 12:26 PM

137 posts, read 313,760 times
Default Sight-seeing at Champions Club and other stuff

On my way home from town via Hwy1 today, I decided to stop and do a look-see through Champions Club since I hadn't been over there in a year. Wow! I can't believe all the new houses going up! Looks like things are very busy and looking good.

I also noticed that the C17s are doing touch and go landings at the base, flying right over CC. My car windows were up so I didn't know they were there until I saw them. Rolling down the window, I wanted to know how loud the plane was since there had been some chatter earlier on this board about CC being in the approach zone. I didn't think they were loud at all.

Later, as I was going home through my neighborhood in Southern Meadow, the plane was going over my house, too. Still, not all that noisy. C17 noise is decibels lower than the RF4s we used to hear all the time back in SC years ago.

Progress report on the new house going up next door: footers have been set and the tractor was spreading around some of the dirt they dug up for the foundation. Hubby says they told him they are bringing in the house on Monday.

Old 05-19-2011, 12:49 PM

19,922 posts, read 11,045,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanddollar View Post
I also noticed that the C17s are doing touch and go landings at the base, flying right over CC.
I love watching those flights ... they are so majestic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hey Jude, na na na na View Post
Charley, I'll be happy to pass along your regards and I know they'll be well-received. Mary has always spoken fondly of you and Marlene.
Thanks so much. She and her staff were always so courteous to us, and she was most gracious when I told her that we had chosen Champions Club. She's a classy lady.

Old 05-20-2011, 12:08 PM

1,065 posts, read 1,426,924 times
Hi, I was nevada49, but cannot access my old mail account anymore as it was shut down after someone hacked into it and used it to send out spam. So I created a new user name for myself and the good news is I have just retired after 37+ years in a large hospital. Love retirement so far and am looking forward to just relaxing this summer and doing my research on places to move then in the fall I will take a trip to Delaware and see what is new since my last trip. Other states are cheaper right now, but I really like Delaware and we only retire once, right? I might as well go to the place I like best.

Old 05-21-2011, 06:40 AM

137 posts, read 313,760 times
Hi Nevada,

Sorry to hear about your email getting hacked. What a pain that is to overcome! And congratulations on your retirement, too.

You'll enjoy your visit to Delaware when you come. I imagine it has grown so much since you were here before. I can tell you from my own observations that Champions Club, Roesville, and my own Southern Meadows have really started booming. These are 55+ communities just south of Dover. I don't know about the others since I haven't been to visit in a long, long time, but I expect they are growing, too.

Have fun doing your research--if you are interested in SM, call the office to see if they are still doing the free overnights in one of the models.

Last edited by toobusytoday; 05-21-2011 at 07:50 AM.. Reason: Removed slight promotion line..

Old 05-24-2011, 05:33 AM

560 posts, read 916,100 times
Does anyone here know of a good place nearby to shop for wallpaper?

Old 05-24-2011, 02:06 PM

9,725 posts, read 14,269,161 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goin'2DE View Post
Does anyone here know of a good place nearby to shop for wallpaper?
Goin' - Are you asking only about 55+ wallpaper? Or are you just asking 55+ 'ers in
55+ communities this question?

All kidding aside - Airbase Carpet Mart next to the Blue Hen Corporate Center. Enter at South Little Creek Road and make a right. Huge selection of wallpaper and carpet.

Old 05-24-2011, 03:11 PM

3,490 posts, read 3,793,105 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdlr View Post
Goin' - Are you asking only about 55+ wallpaper? Or are you just asking 55+ 'ers in

All kidding aside - Airbase Carpet Mart next to the Blue Hen Corporate Center. Enter at South Little Creek Road and make a right. Huge selection of wallpaper and carpet.

Haha, wallpaper in black and white.... lol

Sorry, I'm leaving now.

Old 05-24-2011, 04:34 PM

560 posts, read 916,100 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdlr View Post

I'm looking for wallpaper suitable for all ages.

Seriously...looking for something for my hall bathroom...a lighthouse theme is in the works already.

Old 05-26-2011, 09:30 AM

96 posts, read 190,493 times
Default Trip Report - Part 1 (Noble's Pond)

Ahhh... I've been resting up since my trip down to DE this past weekend. (Who am I kidding? I've been working. But a girl can dream, can't she?) Busy, busy weekend. We started at Noble's Pond since they were having their Spring Open House and that provided an opportunity to see not only the models, but also those homes of residents which don't have models. Residents are always so gracious about taking community visitors through their homes on these occasions. (An added bonus to these get-togethers is getting “been-there” tips from residents.)

Unfortunately, the house I was most interested in seeing (a Fairfield) wasn't available to visit because the owners were away. Although the Hampton has been my choice for some time, I hope to see that Fairfield soon and, in the meantime, am also perusing the floor plans, etc., of the new models being offered. Those new models are now on the website if anyone wishes to check them out. Oh! And, speaking of new ‘models’, the folks at NP recently did a professional photo shoot of residents ‘doing their things’ and plan to use these real people (instead of the typically-used “Frame-and-Wallet-People”) in their ad campaigns and website. Real people – what a concept! We also saw the new community garden they’ve started. Most residents have chosen the largest-size plots, and I love that they’ve committed to donating any excess crops to local charities.

I was pleased to see the much-increased activity at Noble's. More homes were completed and occupied there than when I’d dropped in 3 or 4 months ago and 4 (or was it 5?) were in-progress. It looks like the new Fee Simple status is bringing in (and bringing BACK, as was the case with my friend and travelling companion) more people. Smart move.

BTW, Charley, Mary very much appreciated your good wishes and sends you & Marlene her warm regards. She is, indeed, classy as are all the folks I've encountered there thus far. So nice, too. Do you remember Colleen, the activities director? Her beautiful daughter is getting married in a few weeks and they’re going to use The Gathering Point (that gorgeous ballroom) for the reception. Oh! That reminds me: I believe I failed, in an earlier post, to correct something I’d read about NP allowing the public to use that facility. Not true. Only residents and staff are allowed use of the clubhouse, ballroom included. I know that Heritage Shores down in Bridgeville allows outside use and even has a public restaurant, but not Noble’s.

All-in-all, it was a very pleasant visit and friend Barbara was glad to see the community again – with new eyes. As for me, I told Mary and Brian that, every time I go there, I feel their slogan more and more: “Looks like Home… Feels like home…” because I’m feeling very much AT home there. (No, this isn’t an ‘ad’ for NP, it’s just that I’ve made some new friends there and even chat on the phone and email with a few between visits. I know that several of you have done the same prior to moving into your communities. Feels nice, doesn’t it?)

Now if I could just get this NJ house sold!!!

Last edited by Hey Jude, na na na na; 05-26-2011 at 09:44 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Delaware