Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Delaware
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-13-2011, 11:42 AM

19,922 posts, read 11,047,583 times

Advertisements

Good to see Southern Meadows return to the board. Anyone else still out there?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-13-2011, 01:24 PM

560 posts, read 916,399 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by toobusytoday View Post
I'm re-posting the OP in an attempt to re-direct the conversation back to the reason this thread was started. Recently it seems to have turned into a chat thread about Champions and Roseville communities.
It is most unfortunate that homeowners (and prospective homeowners) do not participate more in this forum. There is a wealth of information available provided by many individuals whom I consider "expert" in offering suggestions and assistance. What I learned from this forum was invaluable as we transitioned to our new state and our new home.

In a way, this is a "chat thread about Champion's and Roesville" and there is good reason for that...WE CARE! We care about each other's happiness and hope to share that emotion with others who visit this forum. It's unfortunate that other communities do not contribute here more often. Perhaps they are not aware of the existence of this forum?

Old 05-13-2011, 01:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charley View Post
We're progressing nicely here thanks. In two short months, we'll be meeting with the folks at Champions Club to choose all of our decorator options and talk out the time frames for starting to build.
Good for you
And it's great to hear from you again. Do keep us posted on your progress

Old 05-14-2011, 09:41 AM

6 posts, read 12,711 times
Hello everyone. Haven't contributed lately but hope to do so soon as my wife and I are coming to DE in a few weeks to scout communities. A while back someone posted from Nobles' Pond and I was wondering if he/she is still out there and would comment on how your community is doing since the recent conversion from land lease to fee simple went through. NP is one of the stops we have planned. Thank you and everyone have a nice weekend.

Old 05-14-2011, 11:16 AM

137 posts, read 313,830 times
Smile Another post from Southern Meadow

Where is everybody?? I suppose we are all busy planting our tomatoes, deciding what projects to pursue now that winter is over, and just waiting for the pool to open.

As EM said, things are pretty busy around here. We have a new home going up right next door to us. Since we will have a bird's eye view, I can report on how the lot is cleared, how long it takes to set up a house, finish the interior, do the landscaping, etc. So...they measured the lot last week, remeasured Thursday, got the bulldozer in to level the ground Thursday afternoon, and will pour concrete footings probably Monday if it isn't raining too hard.

Since we have returned from our winter travels 3 1/2 weeks ago, I have seen 1 house finished and moved into, 3 houses well under-way (one of which is EM's new neighbor), 2 more in the start-up phase. I heard through the grapevine that several more lots have been chosen and contracts signed.

The community garden is up and running, with 10 plots, and I think all but two planted so far. The garden is prepared for us ahead of time with soil tilled, crabgress preventer put in, and fenced with a 3 foot rabbit fence. They even bring us a tank of water to use. At the end of the growing season, we pull up our dead stuff and toss it over to be plowed under. With them doing all the hard work, we come out way ahead.

Most everybody is visiting the local nurseries and Spencer's in town to buy annuals and perennials to spiff up their flower gardens. Spring is truly lovely here in Delaware.

Old 05-14-2011, 01:35 PM

388 posts, read 998,995 times
You have a community garden at SM?? That's great! I think that is an idea that should be considered at all communities. I think most people had gardens at their past homes and would probably enjoy tinkering around again in the soil. Hmmmmm, may have to keep this idea fresh in my mind for future consideration......

Old 05-14-2011, 02:22 PM

16,199 posts, read 11,675,801 times
Ah thanks to Sanddollar for a very informative update. And yes....it is what is a happening

community garden is up and running to house future veggies. DH planted last week tomatoes, peppers, cues and eggplants. We do have a strawberry plant that is anxious to join the crowd too.

Old 05-14-2011, 02:33 PM

19,922 posts, read 11,047,583 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanddollar View Post
The community garden is up and running.
Quote:
Originally Posted by little eggplant View Post
You have a community garden at SM?? That's great! I think that is an idea that should be considered at all communities.
Quote:
Originally Posted by elizamary View Post
community garden is up and running to house future veggies.
I love this idea!

Old 05-14-2011, 04:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elizamary View Post

...community garden is up and running to house future veggies.
A community garden? What a grand idea. I'll have to stir things up here at Roesville and see if we can get one going, too.

Old 05-15-2011, 02:54 PM

27 posts, read 49,538 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by little eggplant View Post
Just got back from our pre-drywall walk through...
So much has happened in that year, most we'd rather forget so fortunately we have a beautiful new house to look forward to in eleven weeks!
Congrats LE, I'm soooooo jealous can't wait to be down there. My husband said after our last visit in March that if it weren't for our granddaughter not graduating from HS until next year he would tell them to go ahead as soon as possible.

We had our preliminary decorator options visit and I have a question for everyone who has already gone through this process at all communities not just CC. Do the options seem unbelievably overpriced?

I could not believe the prices of some things. I built our present home 12 yrs ago and I did not think the options were inexpensive then, but compared to what I am seeing now they were bargain basement prices, especially considering the superior workmanship, far above anything I've seen in 55+ communities in DE.

I doubt McKee is the only builder doing this, but I would like to hear about other people's experience. Please don't say it is inflation, I'm talking 300-400% over what I've seen before for less than what I got then.

thanks
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Delaware