Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Delaware
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-10-2011, 03:07 PM

560 posts, read 915,844 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kc50down View Post
Goin'toDE
Just saw the new floorplan for the Dartmouth model. Just what I have been looking for. Do you know when they plan to have a model of it built?
Kathy
As a matter of fact that model will be directly across the street from our house. Construction begins this coming week! All the markings are made, driveway gravel is in place, and the lot is good to go! This will be a "spec" model...available to purchase. Let me know if you plan on a visit anytime soon.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-11-2011, 08:17 AM

53 posts, read 117,131 times
Thanks for quick reply. I was planning on coming down this weekend but I will wait a few weeks until the model is ready. I will give you a heads up.
It would be nice to talk to someone who is already living there.
Kathy

Old 04-11-2011, 04:03 PM

560 posts, read 915,844 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kc50down View Post
Thanks for quick reply. I was planning on coming down this weekend but I will wait a few weeks until the model is ready. I will give you a heads up.
It would be nice to talk to someone who is already living there.
Kathy
I sent you a direct message.

Old 04-11-2011, 06:28 PM

9 posts, read 30,154 times
Default Information about Delaware for Hudson River Valley couple

I would appreciate any help.
Patty and I will be going to Delaware on April 18th 2011 to check out the state for a retirement home. We are from ,yes New York State "not New York City" from the Hudson Valley 2 miles from the Hudson River. Just tired of all the things going on in the state that is just not what the citizens need or want.
Where should we start Patty is looking for a 3 bedroom House with a small yard. WE like fishing, hiking, riding my motorcycle meeting people and wine. We also have 5 adult children, she has 3 boys I have 2 daughters and /there spouses 4 grandchildren 1 boy and 3 girls.
Does anyone have ideas
P.S. I must say just of all the states Delaware seems the friendliest.

Old 04-11-2011, 06:32 PM

9 posts, read 30,154 times
Were are you looking it may save us sometime Rockland County NY.
?

Old 04-11-2011, 09:32 PM

4,231 posts, read 15,420,365 times
Where in DE are you looking to relocate and are you looking to buy or rent? Are you interested in a 55+ community or a regular house? There's many 55+ communities, some are similar, some are different - prices vary according to location (N DE being somewhat more $$ and extra amenities being $$) - some have clubhouses where you get to meet people, some allow fences etc. Would suggest you read thru the many posts - lots of good info - discuss w/ your wife and narrow it down to what you both want (or need), oftentimes it changes when you start looking. I agree, lots of friendly ppl in DE (but also in other states as we're finding out ;-) ).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tico49 View Post
Patty and I will be going to Delaware on April 18th 2011 to check out the state for a retirement home. We are from ,yes New York State "not New York City" from the Hudson Valley 2 miles from the Hudson River. Just tired of all the things going on in the state that is just not what the citizens need or want.
Where should we start Patty is looking for a 3 bedroom House with a small yard. WE like fishing, hiking, riding my motorcycle meeting people and wine. We also have 5 adult children, she has 3 boys I have 2 daughters and /there spouses 4 grandchildren 1 boy and 3 girls.
Does anyone have ideas

Old 04-12-2011, 08:56 AM

9,720 posts, read 14,257,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tico49 View Post
Does anyone have ideas
Tico....You have many choices here in Delaware. Perhaps it may be best for a Realtor to guide you through your search (I'm not one). It won't cost you anything. We have many very nice established subdivisions in Kent and Sussex Counties, where retirees have settled. Not always do you have to find a 55+ subdivision to be neighbors with other retirees, and I can think of many neighborhoods that appear to be age restricted communities, but are not. It all depends on if you want to pay for a homeowners association fee which could include use of a clubhouse, activities, maintenance of open space and possibly maintenance of the exterior of your home. So, as said, you'll have to narrow down your preferences.

Old 04-12-2011, 04:33 PM

9 posts, read 21,133 times
rdlr.... My husband and I will be heading down to Delaware (Kent County in particular) and although I could be open to a 55 and older community, my husband on the other hand is not quite so sure.
So, when I noticed that you mentioned that some retirees have settled in subdivisions other that 55 and older communities, I was pleased.
We will be looking in the following areas,Whitetail Run - Clayton, Weatherstone Crossing - Frederica, Laureltowne and Quail Landing - Magnolia, just to name a few. I especially like the look of the homes in Quail Landing.
If anyone is willing to give me their take on any of these communities, it would be appreciated.
Thanks

Old 04-12-2011, 05:41 PM

9,720 posts, read 14,257,964 times
Loudon40 - Laureltowne is a good choice, in my opinion. I know retirees who've moved there, one being a widow who really loves it. I don't personally know any retirees in Quail Landing, but I do agree, they are nice looking homes. Whitetail Run has modular homes (not to be confused with a doublewide manufactured home). I'm sure when you get down here again, the overall picture will clear up. You have so many choices; keep your options open. Take lots of notes, and visit some 55+ communities, plus non age restricted communities. You'll fit somewhere.

Old 04-14-2011, 04:56 AM

124 posts, read 264,186 times
Lots going on here at Champion's Club, too! The parking lot at the Sales Office is always full and the nicer weather is bringing folks in (and back in) to meet our nice neighbors and see our models. Our activity calendar is filled with lots of fun events. Yesterday two 12 passenger van loads of us went to Longwood Gardens and enjoyed seeing and smelling the gorgeous flowers and each other's company. Our April Social is Saturday night and we're having snacks and desserts and 60's dancing - should be SO much fun for all of us who love (and remember!) the great music of our generation. Earlier in the week we went as a group to the Spaghetti Fundraiser at St. Thomas More Prep - our fantastic neighbor! One of the best parts of my daily walk is stopping for a few minutes to watch the sports events and practices. Brings back all those memories of countless hours spent watching my children and it makes me kinda feel like a "young mother" again. And today is the monthly Ladies Lunch and we're going to the Poly Tech Cafe to support the student culinary program they have there and, of course, enjoy the food. So life here is great......everyone is anxious for our pool to open in a little over a month. It's a Great Day in Our Neighborhood. Come and visit us - the light is always on for you (right now we have blue lights in recognition of Autism Month including the exterior model lights - thank you McKee Group for supporting our projects!)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Delaware