Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-30-2013, 11:12 AM

426 posts, read 1,736,659 times

Advertisements

Tried Euclid Hall. Thought the food was very good but have never seen such small portions doled out at any restaurant anywhere... ever. At least for $15 I'd expect to get a real meal, not a 1/4 of an appetizer.

Still very tasty though.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-31-2013, 08:58 PM

87 posts, read 229,898 times
I've had as many great restaurant experiences in Denver and the Denver suburbs as in San Francisco and New York City. In my experience, Denver is an amazing restaurant city.

Old 03-31-2013, 09:14 PM

445 posts, read 415,213 times
Live in Philly and visited Denver last summer for the first time. Tried a couple restaurants that some of the locals were "raving" about. Totally not impressed, but just kinda shrugged it off. Looking back, I shouldn't have expected Denver to have the same restaurant quality as Philadelphia.

Old 03-31-2013, 10:06 PM

11,474 posts, read 11,567,247 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bridge12 View Post
Live in Philly and visited Denver last summer for the first time. Tried a couple restaurants that some of the locals were "raving" about. Totally not impressed, but just kinda shrugged it off. Looking back, I shouldn't have expected Denver to have the same restaurant quality as Philadelphia.
And these restaurants were??? Kind of a worthless post without naming names. For all I know these "locals" were raving about Wendy's.

Old 03-31-2013, 10:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyDog77 View Post
And these restaurants were??? Kind of a worthless post without naming names. For all I know these "locals" were raving about Wendy's.
Sure, it was Wendys

Denver Biscuit Company on Colfax, and some other restaurant in LoDo. These were "hipster" locals.

BTW, had a great time otherwise, absolutely love Denver and Colorado. Just don't think Denver's food scene is anything close to a larger city, there's nothing inherently wrong with that.

Old 03-31-2013, 10:18 PM

86 posts, read 127,024 times
Quote:
Philly is a food town since when? The sixth sense? Cheese steak grease pit #22? Does super fresh still have two aisles dedicated to cheese whiz and processed meat sticks? That's laughable...

Old 03-31-2013, 10:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Owain1 View Post
Philly is a food town since when? The sixth sense? Cheese steak grease pit #22? That's laughable...
It's had a great food scene since long before Brooklyn was actually affordable. But that's a discussion for a different thread. Visit the Philly forum if you really think the city's food scene is lacking.

Old 03-31-2013, 10:48 PM

Just to clarify so people don't think I'm a Denver-hater. I love Denver and talk it up to everybody I know, I'm also considering it for relocation in the next several years. That being said, I wasn't impressed with any of the food I had while I was there, compared to Philly. But Philly is also much larger and more diverse, so that's to be expected. I look forward to visiting again and trying some new places!

Old 04-01-2013, 06:57 AM

11,474 posts, read 11,567,247 times
Quote:
Sure, it was Wendys

Denver Biscuit Company on Colfax, and some other restaurant in LoDo. These were "hipster" locals.

BTW, had a great time otherwise, absolutely love Denver and Colorado. Just don't think Denver's food scene is anything close to a larger city, there's nothing inherently wrong with that.
So you went to two restaurants and can make a judgment off of that? Sounds reasonable.

How would you feel if I did the same in Philly?

Old 04-01-2013, 03:00 PM

5 posts, read 4,007 times
This thread does seem silly. So far I can gather that Denver's food scene is not as good as DC, Chicago, NYC and San Fran...ok..what the heck do you expect?

I can also gather that some people think because there are a lot of chains in Westminster that Denver is full of chains and has bad food. OK...you are already disqualified from this thread as you obviously have bad taste choosing to live in Westminster.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver