Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-12-2012, 07:35 PM

229 posts, read 423,691 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hammertime33 View Post
Perhaps you shouldn't be posting in a generally positive, upbeat, helpful forum when you're raging mad at something. Go back and re-read you post - it was very hostile. Among other attacks, you called Denver corrupt and full of rude, unfriendly people. Did you really expect a positive response from the people of Denver when that's how you introduce yourself?

Moving on from your tone, I still have some questions about the substance of your post. About the ticket for a missing front plate you said:

"His ticket was right, I didn't have a front plate, but I didn't know I was missing the front plate as his corrupt town had someone take it."

Are you really accusing the City of Denver of having somebody come take your license plate so that they could write you a $75 ticket? That was you misspeaking in anger, right? And while not completely unbelievable, pieces of your story just sound odd. I've heard of license plates being stolen, but usually at night off cars parking in quiet residential areas. Having them stolen in broad daylight at a busy festival in central Denver seems almost too brazen.

And if both your license plates were stolen, it seems the meter maid would have written two tickets - one for a missing the front plate and one for a missing rear plate. If he only wrote 1 ticket, it seems he was cutting you a break. Not to mention he could probably have had the car towed for being parked on the street with no license plates at all. I take it he was able to read your car's VIN through the windshield? He wrote the ticket using your VIN right (since both plates had be stolen)?

And man do you have bad luck. First trip to Denver, you car gets stolen. On any given day, what, 1 million+ cars are parked at some point, somewhere in Denver and each year about 3,000 of them are stolen. The odds of your car being stolen on a first visit are very, very small. Was your car ever recovered? I'd be curious to hear more about this incident.

Then your second time to Denver you happen into an illegal parking scam and your car gets illegally towed. In 25 years of living in Denver, I don't ever recall hearing of an illegal parking scam (not to say they can't happen). Again, I'm curious to hear about the details of this.

And then the 3rd time your plates get stolen in broad daylight and some revenue generator writes you a ticket for not having plates on your care (as if a Colorado Spring meter maid wouldn't have done the same thing). And to top it all off, your bartender, like most Denverites you encounter, was unfriendly and didn't like you.

Maybe you should think about adopting a car-free lifestyle. And if you think Denver's parking enforcement is bad, for the love of God never come out here to New York City with a car. Of all the big cities I've ever lived or driven in, parking in Denver is the most abundant, cheapest, and laxest in terms of regulation and enforcement.
Couldn't agree more with this response. You come here accusing the ENTIRE city of being corrupt, unfriendly and a pain in the butt due to your bad luck here. Then you threaten us all with boycotting future visits here and the "tons" of money you spend as a tourist. Yea man, you sound like just the kind of person I want to help and to keep visiting here. Best of luck man.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-12-2012, 10:48 PM

4,738 posts, read 4,435,394 times
I think this guy is just a troll, putting up absurd stories looking for a reaction. lets move on and let the thread die

Old 07-13-2012, 12:55 PM

6 posts, read 5,528 times
The front plate was stolen one night outside my Hotel and the rear plate was gone after the next night. They were not stolen during the day and in the middle of town, they were stolen at the Hotel during the night. The meter Nazi gave me the ticket for the missing front plate while the rear was still on the car the day before. Both of my plates are now gone. I would assume someone took the front plate at night and didn't get a chance to take the rear, then the next night they had their chance to take the rear. I'm just assuming, I do not know how exactly my plates were stolen at the Hotel.

Also, I would like to apologize about my harsh post about the people there. Obviously not everyone is unfriendly out there and I was terribly upset as I just can't ever get a break. I didn't mean to make it look like everyone is out to get you, but it just felt that way to me and I obviously said some things that were out of anger. I hope this gets resolved easily and I'll post up my towing paperwork, this ticket and what happened after it's all done. One thing I see, though, is I have been running into a lot of problems with your city and people just come out to attack me over it. In the end, I'll have all of the correct information up about my dealings with this town and I hope it stays up so others can see what they might be in for when they visit and to AVOID this place.

Old 07-13-2012, 01:10 PM

833 posts, read 1,712,913 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snikt View Post
If you have Colorado plates yes you need a front one, that's why they give you 2 in the title office. Surprising it doesn't have a place for it? Even my aftermarket winch bumper on my Jeep has a place for it.

Some people do put them in the front windshield facing out though
I'm in Arizona and we don't use front plates, but when I buy a car that does not have screws holes for the front plate it typically comes with the front license plate holder that has to be attached (pop-rivets or screws) to the front bumper - the attachment point is nearly invisible.

As an other poster said you can get after-market holders or the dealer will put an OEM one on that will fit the contour of the front bumper and look much better IMHO.

Old 07-18-2012, 06:05 PM

371 posts, read 1,211,707 times
I had them attach it at the dealer today- I honestly would have had NO idea had I not seen this post- I'm just surprised that even being pulled over twice neither cop even mentioned it! I've been driving around with my car like that for two years!

Old 07-18-2012, 08:55 PM

2,611 posts, read 3,590,488 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by harrison21 View Post
Is it really illegal to not have a front license plate? My car doesn't even have a spot for one- how am I supposed to attach it?

I've been pulled over twice since moving here a couple of years ago (luckily, just received warnings both times) and the cop never said anything about it. However, this wasn't in the Denver area...maybe they are more strict there?
Glad you never got a ticket. I moved from Texas two years ago and didn't have a front plate either. I wasn't lazy, just no place to put it. I got a ticket from not a place where there are meters, but places in Denver where you can't park on the side on certain days. I parked in the right spot, but wasn't sure what the driver was looking for since he circled twice as well. I got down at a house for 10 min and came back with a ticket about no front plates. The guy I went to see about the ticket reduced it by half, but said that Colorado is a 2-plate state!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snikt View Post
If you have Colorado plates yes you need a front one, that's why they give you 2 in the title office. Surprising it doesn't have a place for it? Even my aftermarket winch bumper on my Jeep has a place for it.

Some people do put them in the front windshield facing out though
He also said that putting in the front windshield doesn't work either, because that is where I kept mine. So I went to Wal-mart bought some of that hanging art wall wire stuff and bought a license plate holder from Advance Auto PArts and pulled a <MacGuyver and secured it to my front grill.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver