Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-20-2012, 10:17 AM

749 posts, read 838,829 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pamelaBeurman View Post

Personally, I think the kid's just unhinged.
Of that there is no doubt...

Old 07-20-2012, 10:23 AM

14,773 posts, read 21,507,739 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
Right now I'm concerned because I have a friend living in Denver. I don't know if she was one of the persons shot.
Do you know exactly where in Denver? This was at Century Cinema in Aurora, across from Town Center mall

Old 07-20-2012, 10:27 AM

3,925 posts, read 6,839,150 times
My cousin and his wife and kids live in Aurora. Luckily they are all okay. He actually had Chemo early this morning so he had to call it an early night. I feel for all of the victims and their family's. Having been affected by the NIU shooting in 2006 I really do know how it feels. God bless your community.

Old 07-20-2012, 10:29 AM

8,606 posts, read 14,897,900 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Subzro View Post
How quickly you forget how the armed man in Florida recently saved the lives of numerous people in the internet cafe.

People with CHLs are the responsible ones. Having responsible citizens armed makes those who care not about gun laws more likely to think twice before committing violent acts. Disarming the public only gives free reign to criminals who know they will face no resistance.

If critical thinking isn't your bag, you should look into it before calling others "nuts" as it reflects poorly on your already weak point of view.
The two situations are apples-to-oranges.

In one you have two would-be hoodlums attempting to hold-up a lit internet cafe without the intention of killing anyone.

In the other you have a clearly troubled, heavily armed individual wearing body armor entering a dark, crowded theatre with a cache of weapons and one or more cannisters of tear gas or some other irritant with the intention of inflicting mass casualties. CHL holders firing off rounds trying to pick this whackjob off under those circumstances would have very likely killed innocent individuals in all the chaos, confusion, and limited visibility and done way more harm than good. The CHL argument does not apply here.

Old 07-20-2012, 10:30 AM

73,031 posts, read 62,634,962 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobMarley_1LOVE View Post
Do you know exactly where in Denver? This was at Century Cinema in Aurora, across from Town Center mall
I don't know which part of Denver. So far, names haven't really been released. I'm kind of scared right now.

Edit: I just found out members of the military are among the dead. Right now I'm just waiting to hear more.

Old 07-20-2012, 10:32 AM

5,706 posts, read 9,633,582 times
This has nothing to do with the state of Colorado. It has nothing to do with politics. It has nothing to do with guns.

This is all about one person, who for whatever reason, completely lost it. I only wish that people who feel like their world is falling apart would seek help rather than destroy so many other lives.

Old 07-20-2012, 10:37 AM

1,017 posts, read 2,497,965 times
Holy sh1t, fourteen dead?

Old 07-20-2012, 10:41 AM

3,925 posts, read 6,839,150 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluescreen73 View Post
The two situations are apples-to-oranges.

In one you have two would-be hoodlums attempting to hold-up a lit internet cafe without the intention of killing anyone.

In the other you have a clearly troubled, heavily armed individual wearing body armor entering a dark, crowded theatre with a cache of weapons and one or more cannisters of tear gas or some other irritant with the intention of inflicting mass casualties. CHL holders firing off rounds trying to pick this whackjob off under those circumstances would have very likely killed innocent individuals in all the chaos, confusion, and limited visibility and done way more harm than good. The CHL argument does not apply here.
I agree with comparing apples to oranges, but I do not agree that a CHL holder would have "very likely killed innocent individuals in all the chaos...". Usually CHL holders are gun enthusiasts and are probably better shots than the actual suspect in this case. At least if movie goers had guns there probably would not have been as many casualties at the hands of this kid.

Old 07-20-2012, 10:42 AM

308 posts, read 897,089 times
what a horrible horrible tragedy!

lets hope that politicians on both side of the isle don't make a circus out of again.

Old 07-20-2012, 10:53 AM

8,606 posts, read 14,897,900 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiGuy2.5 View Post
I agree with comparing apples to oranges, but I do not agree that a CHL holder would have "very likely killed innocent individuals in all the chaos...". Usually CHL holders are gun enthusiasts and are probably better shots than the actual suspect in this case. At least if movie goers had guns there probably would not have been as many casualties at the hands of this kid.
I don't care how responsible the CHL holder is we're talking about a dark theatre, a crowd in a panic, and tear gas. Unless they are a trained sniper or expert marksman the likelihood of innocent people getting killed in the crossfire is incredibly high.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver