Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-29-2007, 06:37 AM

237 posts, read 1,081,539 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoRuMRideR420 View Post
Down in palm beach county....yeah humidity sucks here ...im heading up there next sunday..... not set of the route im taking yet i haven't done it yet .....i haven't seen many of the southeren states so im thinking of making my own route onto 10 then just venture into through texas,then up through either new mexico or oklahoma .....it will definitly be longer trip then going on I-40 but im not in a huge rush or anything
haha at 45 mins being your longest ride....you are in for a long one......i drove from FL to MA 24hrs was my longest trip ....it sucked but i rushed here thats why i'm going to take my time on this one
I thought I-10 would be the shortest distance between 2 points kind of route, but it's right along the border - and being a single female in her twenties I feel more comfortable going through areas that I'm more familiar with (I've driven through TN, OK, etc. before, though I wasn't the one driving!)

I'm on the opposite end of the spectrum. I've been planning this trip for a while and have already memorized the metro map of Denver - along with all of the lovely suburb areas. I absolutely cannot wait to get there.

I bought a travel guide at the bookstore this weekend all about Denver. I can't wait to try places like The Spicy Pickle and shop at the beautiful Park Meadows mall, check my e-mail along 16th street where there's free WiFi, learn the Light Rail, see The Brown Palace, walk along Capital Hill, and (of course) see the mountains for the first time. This past weekend I bought a pair of hiking shoes for the "sole" purpose of walking around every inch of the city. I want to get in as much as I can before I start work and am a slave, once again, to the good ol' 9-5.

I'm so excited!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-29-2007, 06:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by south-to-west View Post
Averie,

I live in Georgia now, but I'm a native Wisconsinite as well. The weather in Denver is very underrated and is the city's best kept secret. It does get cold here, but it doesn't stay like it does in WI, nor does it get as gloomy and obscenely cold. The days of brilliant sunshine at a high altitude with no humidity makes going outside very comfortable. The weather here makes you want to be active all of the time.

I just had a job interview in Denver yesterday. Everybody please keep their fingers crossed and say a little prayer for me! At first, I thought my gf was out of her damn mind for wanting me to give up for mild Atlanta for Denver. After visiting Denver several times over the past year, I can't wait to get out west.
Get luck with the job interview! Let us know how it pans out.

Whereabouts in WI? I'm from Green Bay - the past four years now they've experienced 40 below zero temperatures. I could barely tolerate the 60+ days at a time without sunshine. I moved to FL (where I'm at currently) because I have some family here, but I knew very quickly that I was never going to be a Beach Bum.

Since I was a little girl I've been fascinated with Colorado, though I'm not expecting it to be perfect. I'm sure it's going to be quite an adventure, though!

Old 10-29-2007, 06:49 AM

Exclamation What?!

Quote:
Tornadoes usually come and go out on the eastern plains.
Um...wasn't aware of the tornadoes.... Let's not scare Averie-Jay!!

Old 10-29-2007, 08:35 AM

355 posts, read 1,404,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Averie-Jay View Post
I thought I-10 would be the shortest distance between 2 points kind of route, but it's right along the border - and being a single female in her twenties I feel more comfortable going through areas that I'm more familiar with (I've driven through TN, OK, etc. before, though I wasn't the one driving!)

I'm on the opposite end of the spectrum. I've been planning this trip for a while and have already memorized the metro map of Denver - along with all of the lovely suburb areas. I absolutely cannot wait to get there.

I bought a travel guide at the bookstore this weekend all about Denver. I can't wait to try places like The Spicy Pickle and shop at the beautiful Park Meadows mall, check my e-mail along 16th street where there's free WiFi, learn the Light Rail, see The Brown Palace, walk along Capital Hill, and (of course) see the mountains for the first time. This past weekend I bought a pair of hiking shoes for the "sole" purpose of walking around every inch of the city. I want to get in as much as I can before I start work and am a slave, once again, to the good ol' 9-5.

I'm so excited!!
yeah i can't wait either ........i'm slowly packing up my stuff this week and ill be on my way on Monday morning......so your making the drive by yourself? my Dad is coming along for the drive and then he flying out of Denver couple days later....Do you know anyone in colorado? i don't know many people just a couple snowboarding buddies but no one i know very well..... i'll send you a message with my email

Old 10-29-2007, 06:15 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,796,716 times
Quote:
Um...wasn't aware of the tornadoes.... Let's not scare Averie-Jay!!
You need to know what you are getting into.

Old 10-30-2007, 06:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pittnurse70 View Post
You need to know what you are getting into.

Sometimes ignorance is bliss, if you ask me!

Old 10-30-2007, 07:04 AM

19 posts, read 92,543 times
Not to be a nay sayer - but yes, bring a coat and boots/socks. You may not need them today, but Denver is generally about 30-40 degrees in the Winter and it's starting soon. In the next couple weeks, the 60 degree temps will shift to 50's and lower. The occasional storm will roll through, snow, and then it will melt away again in the 50s sunshine. But come January, you'll experience a cold you've never felt. It usually drops to the 0s for a couple weeks in the beginning of January. Bring that coat - be prepared.

Old 10-30-2007, 07:46 AM

2,138 posts, read 6,321,549 times
Quote:
Get luck with the job interview! Let us know how it pans out.

Whereabouts in WI? I'm from Green Bay - the past four years now they've experienced 40 below zero temperatures. I could barely tolerate the 60+ days at a time without sunshine. I moved to FL (where I'm at currently) because I have some family here, but I knew very quickly that I was never going to be a Beach Bum.

Since I was a little girl I've been fascinated with Colorado, though I'm not expecting it to be perfect. I'm sure it's going to be quite an adventure, though!
Thanks!

I'm from Milwaukee and I understand -40 degree temps. Back in high school, school closed for two days because the windchill dipped to -80 degrees!

The difference between Wisconsin and Denver is that when it gets cold in Wisconsin, you can count on it staying cold for the next 3-4 months. In Denver, you can at least count on the temps climbing into the 50s within a few days of an Arctic blast.

Old 10-30-2007, 08:25 AM

456 posts, read 1,577,286 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FoRuMRideR420 View Post
yeah i can't wait either ........i'm slowly packing up my stuff this week and ill be on my way on Monday morning......so your making the drive by yourself? my Dad is coming along for the drive and then he flying out of Denver couple days later....Do you know anyone in colorado? i don't know many people just a couple snowboarding buddies but no one i know very well..... i'll send you a message with my email
I just moved here also!! You should hit me up-my boyfriend and i will be riding pretty much every weekend here coming up. We already got our Colorado passes!

Welcome!

Old 10-30-2007, 09:07 AM

355 posts, read 1,404,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katmoney View Post
I just moved here also!! You should hit me up-my boyfriend and i will be riding pretty much every weekend here coming up. We already got our Colorado passes!

Welcome!
nice ill send you a message! where did you move from?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver