Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-02-2007, 11:44 AM

260 posts, read 1,438,824 times

Advertisements

Thats a part of town where you'd expect it, unfortunately.

My advice for Colorado is to get used to having a spare jacket in the car (or trunk) and maybe a sweatshirt or blanket also. My wife keeps extras for the entire family and were ready for anything. Esp. important while travelling in Colorado or weekend trips to the mtns.

I've ben wearning a light jacket and its nice in the morning and no necessary by afternoon. In the evening, it'll feel good again.

Layers, layers, layers and versatility -- works well in our 'anything goes' climate.

You probably won't need a winter jacket till the first major snow hits ... and even then, we only get 1-2 in November and historically December is pretty decent, maybe a storm or two ... but then lots of 50's and 60's. Last year, Decemeber turned ice-box and weekly blizzards after the first week -- very odd.

Normally, January and February are the most frigid months and you'll need a good jacket for those months, esp. after it snows.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-02-2007, 02:08 PM

355 posts, read 1,404,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katmoney View Post
Oh man, just take it easy when you first get up here. Don't push yourself too hard. Depending on how good of shape you are in when you get here you will feel the altitude, perhaps not as much in the Denver area but definitely when you are riding.

On a side note-Keystone opens today. YAY!
yeah i won't push myself to hard hopefully i can go riding the 1st week tho who knows.......yea i heard keystone opened today! wish i could go riding right now

Old 12-01-2007, 10:53 PM

1,082 posts, read 4,718,813 times
Default Averie-Jay are you cold yet?

As far as I am concerned, it's been hat and glove weather for at least two weeks now, at least to put them in your car for the mornings if you don't have a warm garage.

Old 12-02-2007, 07:03 AM

26,329 posts, read 93,786,816 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by esya View Post
As far as I am concerned, it's been hat and glove weather for at least two weeks now, at least to put them in your car for the mornings if you don't have a warm garage.
I think I have only needed long pants a couple of times since summer and here we are in early December. Yesterday it was shorts and light shirt. It was raining in the high 50s in the Springs at 5PM...felt like like a non-thundering summer thunderstorm. Today it will be in the 40s and sunny, I may do shorts again except it might be breezy.

Old 12-02-2007, 04:56 PM

5,747 posts, read 12,055,772 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by b.adams View Post
Thats a part of town where you'd expect it, unfortunately.

My advice for Colorado is to get used to having a spare jacket in the car (or trunk) and maybe a sweatshirt or blanket also. My wife keeps extras for the entire family and were ready for anything. Esp. important while travelling in Colorado or weekend trips to the mtns.

I've been wearing a light jacket and its nice in the morning and no necessary by afternoon. In the evening, it'll feel good again.

Layers, layers, layers and versatility -- works well in our 'anything goes' climate.

You probably won't need a winter jacket till the first major snow hits ... and even then, we only get 1-2 in November and historically December is pretty decent, maybe a storm or two ... but then lots of 50's and 60's. Last year, December turned ice-box and weekly blizzards after the first week -- very odd.

Normally, January and February are the most frigid months and you'll need a good jacket for those months, esp. after it snows.
Good suggestions. We went downtown for the Parade of Lights last night and it was frigid. We started out the day with jeans & pull-over micro-fleeces, but by the time night fell, we had all added mid-weight long underwear, down jackets, heavy socks & boots, fleece hats & mittens.

During the winter months, we keep a heavy fleece blanket in the trunk of the car along with extra hats & mittens just in case. The days are nice, but nights can be very cold, and you never know when a storm will roll in. Last December was a good reminder of how fickle mother nature can be here in Colorado.

Old 12-03-2007, 09:18 AM

456 posts, read 1,577,286 times
high of 59 today, 70 tomorrow.

crazy!!!

Old 12-04-2007, 03:23 PM

271 posts, read 1,381,007 times
That's standard in Colorado.

Old 12-04-2007, 06:37 PM

26,329 posts, read 93,786,816 times
I'll admit I've only been here since May 06, but does the weather we've had since summer seem unusually mild? Again today I was playing basketball outdoors in shorts and T-shirt and it was really warm ten miles east of COS. It was a little breezy. Where I live near Monument at 7300 feet, we're expect a rain/snow mix later this week. Just seems exceptionally warm and mild.

Old 12-04-2007, 06:55 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,796,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles View Post
I'll admit I've only been here since May 06, but does the weather we've had since summer seem unusually mild? Again today I was playing basketball outdoors in shorts and T-shirt and it was really warm ten miles east of COS. It was a little breezy. Where I live near Monument at 7300 feet, we're expect a rain/snow mix later this week. Just seems exceptionally warm and mild.
It's mild, but it's not unusual. November and early December can be very changeable. Two years ago it was very mild at Thanksgiving. My DD's boyfried was here from Seattle and complaining about how warm it was (was about 60). I said (to myself), "Would you rather have a blizzard? I've seen that at Thanksgiving, too!" This year Thanksgiving was early and we had snow on the ground.

Old 12-04-2007, 07:43 PM

2,887 posts, read 7,137,042 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles View Post
Did you hear everyone telling you last winter that the weather was not like it usually is? Did you not believe them? If last winter was your first winter here, please believe, it was not typical. This is more like it. Cold snaps, interspersed with mild weather, occasional snowstorms.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver