Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-13-2011, 07:33 PM

26,208 posts, read 49,017,880 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mezter View Post
.. I live in Ken Caryl. ...
Quote:
...I have a summer house in Ken Caryl, colorado...which is IN the mountains....
Quote:
Tallyns ranch...i live there GREAT AREA.

I'm confused....is Ken Caryl and Tallyns Ranch the same thing?
- Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.
- Thank you and enjoy City-Data.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-13-2011, 08:30 PM

6,083 posts, read 10,693,806 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike from back east View Post
I'm confused....is Ken Caryl and Tallyns Ranch the same thing?
No,actually I live in Tallyns ranch in aurora Most of the time,but we go to Ken Caryl for summer because its closer to the mountains,and we go shopping up there alot! (just a little thing my family and i do

Old 03-14-2011, 06:54 AM

2,886 posts, read 7,132,699 times
Quote:
No,actually I live in Tallyns ranch in aurora Most of the time,but we go to Ken Caryl for summer because its closer to the mountains,and we go shopping up there alot! (just a little thing my family and i do
Where is Tallyn's ranch? I've heard of Tallyn's Reach, but not Tallyn's ranch.

Where do you recommend shopping in Ken Caryl?

Old 03-14-2011, 07:22 AM

6,083 posts, read 10,693,806 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by suzco View Post
Where is Tallyn's ranch? I've heard of Tallyn's Reach, but not Tallyn's ranch.

Where do you recommend shopping in Ken Caryl?
Tallyns Ranch is a little section withing tallyns Reach. And Theres one that we live to by the hills, i forget what its called...

Old 04-11-2011, 03:42 AM

27 posts, read 93,191 times
Denver is much larger and more things to do and i dont kno wat people are talking about downtown denver is only 20 min to the mountains which is pretty close.

Old 04-11-2011, 09:54 AM

556 posts, read 1,199,794 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MileHighCity303$WSC$ View Post
Denver is much larger and more things to do and i dont kno wat people are talking about downtown denver is only 20 min to the mountains which is pretty close.
20 minutes to the foothills. you can't ski in golden.

Old 04-12-2011, 12:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by woob View Post
20 minutes to the foothills. you can't ski in golden.
Ya thats true but its worth the extra drive to the ski areas and i do not kno much about how close ski areas are in Salt lake city.

Old 04-12-2011, 12:49 AM

339 posts, read 1,287,010 times
I just got back from spending 5 days in Salt Lake City. I did feel it was similar to Denver especially with the high speed rail which was a big plus had I flown in. Their downtown is kinda small and closes up too early though. Just like most cities outside of New York and L.A.

I also agree the Mormon thing is blown out of proportion! Everytime I mention Salt Lake to someone in Denver the mention of Mormons come up. As a Black person, I felt a lot more comfortable around them than anywhere in the bible belt. I did see some imposed stuff though like the guy walking down the street yelling with a bible in the air, a billbooard saying, "WHEN YOU DIE, YOU WILL MEET GOD". But then again, I've seen stuff like that in Amarillo, Texas (super conservative city in a super conservative state). But I didn't get any of that racist B.S. that I've gotten in some other states. And for A city as White as SLC, I was happy to not be bothered. In addition, unlike Denver/Aurora there is no 'Black neighborhood' to segregate. The Blk population there is small enough, pretty much like Albuquerque is.

However, I don't think I could move to SLC. I found it to be a bit boring and stale with no type of diversity and culture. I think Albuquerque has more uniqueness than SLC does. And I find Albuquerque to have a mysterious charm and aura to it that I just didn't pick up in SLC. But SLC has some beautiful temples.

Please stop comparing SLC to Colorado Springs. Colorado Springs is stuck in the 80s! Like, permanently. SLC is completely different, better off financially, and has more money than the Springs has. That's why SLC got the Olympics and The Springs just gets the women's open.

Colorado Springs makes SLC look like the devil's playground. That's how conservative I find Colorado Springs to be.

The people in SLC were very friendly and didn't give me any issues. granted, I was only there for 5 days...but I expected to get pulled over at least once for having an out of state license plate (a Florida one at that). And to no avail. But in Denver? In Littleton? I got pulled over 2 TIMES ALREADY!

Last edited by CruisingUSA; 04-12-2011 at 01:02 AM..

Old 04-12-2011, 12:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CruisingUSA View Post
I just got back from spending 5 days in Salt Lake City. I did feel it was similar to Denver especially with the high speed rail which was a big plus had I flown in. Their downtown is kinda small and closes up too early though. Just like most cities outside of New York and L.A.

I also agree the Mormon thing is blown out of proportion! Everytime I mention Salt Lake to someone in Denver the mention of Mormons come up. As a Black person, I felt a lot more comfortable around them than anywhere in the bible belt. I did see some imposed stuff though like the guy walking down the street yelling with a bible in the air, a billbooard saying, "WHEN YOU DIE, YOU WILL MEET GOD". But then again, I've seen stuff like that in Amarillo, Texas (super conservative city in a super conservative state).

However, I don't think I could move to SLC. I found it to be a bit boring and stale with no type of diversity and culture. I think Albuquerque has more uniqueness than SLC does. And I find Albuquerque to have a mysterious charm and aura to it that I just didn't pick up in SLC. But SLC has some beautiful temples.

Please stop comparing SLC to Colorado Springs. Colorado Springs is stuck in the 80s! Like, permanently. SLC is completely different, better off financially, and has more money than the Springs has. That's why SLC got the Olympics and The Springs just gets the women's open.

Colorado Springs makes SLC look like the devil's playground. That's how conservative I find Colorado Springs to be.

The people in SLC were very friendly and didn't give me any issues. granted, I was only there for 5 days...but I expected to get pulled over at least once for having an out of state license plate (a Florida one at that). And to no avail. But in Denver? In Littleton? I got pulled over 2 TIMES ALREADY!
Ya Denver cops you gotta watch they pull you over for the littlest reasons and get all in ur business and can be a**holes.

Old 04-12-2011, 03:14 PM

28,090 posts, read 29,940,008 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CruisingUSA View Post
I did see some imposed stuff though like the guy walking down the street yelling with a bible in the air, a billbooard saying, "WHEN YOU DIE, YOU WILL MEET GOD".
I can guarantee with about 99.9999% accuracy that that was not a Mormon you saw. If you were in Salt Lake City any time between May 28 and April 3, you probably were here during the LDS Church's semi-annual General Conference. During that week, you'll find people like the Westboro Baptists out picketing the conference and yelling that Mormons are going to Hell. Personally, I can't, as a Mormon, even imagine picketing someone else's place of worship, but a lot of people seem to think that it's entirely justifiable when it comes to Mormonism.

I agree with you that the nightlife in Salt Lake leaves a lot to be desired, but that actually is improving (slowly) and the cultural and outdoor recreational activities here are beyond supurb.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver