Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-04-2022, 11:17 AM

3 posts, read 3,852 times

Advertisements

Dave and Pike...Thanks. I do remember the peanut shells on the floor. But the thousands of ties nailed to the wall were something to behold.

Okay here is the next one. A crab place in downtown Denver where the waitpersons were often rude, they used butcher paper on the tables and you have to cover your drink glasses with a napkin to protect them from
??? Their "designated driver" drink was awesome.

Last edited by Sandyman333; 04-04-2022 at 11:19 AM.. Reason: irritable vowel sysdrome
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-04-2022, 11:32 AM

1,100 posts, read 1,248,713 times
There was a another Trail Dust just off I25 in Centennial. We used to go there after work once a week for cheap steak and a wine carafe of what my buddy affectionately called "Chateau Rocky Flats". Fun memories..

Old 04-04-2022, 06:20 PM

9,868 posts, read 7,691,273 times
While we’re on the subject of seafood restaurants, I wonder if a place I went to in the late ‘80s near Arvada is still around.

York Fish House or York Fish ‘n Chips, kind of in the middle of nowhere. They served up an incredibly greasy but oh-so-moist battered white fish called plaice. The huge pieces were plopped on top of a bed of steak fries, which absorbed much of the oil. I never ate all the fries.

Old 04-04-2022, 06:29 PM

2,886 posts, read 7,132,082 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pikabike View Post
While we’re on the subject of seafood restaurants, I wonder if a place I went to in the late ‘80s near Arvada is still around.

York Fish House or York Fish ‘n Chips, kind of in the middle of nowhere. They served up an incredibly greasy but oh-so-moist battered white fish called plaice. The huge pieces were plopped on top of a bed of steak fries, which absorbed much of the oil. I never ate all the fries.
If you're talking about Yorkshire Fish and Chips on N Pecos, it's still here.

Old 04-04-2022, 08:15 PM

9,868 posts, read 7,691,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by suzco View Post
If you're talking about Yorkshire Fish and Chips on N Pecos, it's still here.
That must be it! N. Pecos is a road I only went on when I went to that restaurant. Thanks!

Old 04-05-2022, 12:58 AM

3 posts, read 3,852 times
Hey drb85650

I remember the cop Buster Snyder, especially in the sixties. He was always on the lookout for the teenaged drivers. I got my first speeding ticket from him close to Lakeside Amusement Park.

All the others on your list bring back memories except Casa Fiesta. Did you mean Casa Bonita on Colfax?

Old 05-01-2022, 01:13 PM

2 posts, read 3,441 times
I worked with you Doug at Yacht Club and Prairie Schooner I miss Wayne Dunston the bestest chef. The other person behind the line was Steve.

Old 05-22-2022, 07:01 PM

9 posts, read 20,024 times
Are you speaking of La Bonita on East Colfax. Cross street would have been near or at Tamarac.

I remember that place in 1966. Owner's name was Phil Marin. He and his brother had a small combo musical
group and played great music. Wonder what ever happened to them.

Old 05-25-2022, 05:38 PM

36 posts, read 87,637 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by USA guy View Post
Remember the hippie radio station that played all the great music and when they ran the emergency broadcast warning test they would say in a soft voice: "it's only a test...just a test...just a test...just a test" as if to assure trippers not to freak out. Absolutely matchless! This might be the station that played old time radio programs on Sunday mornings; a guy with a great collection, and endless knowledge about the subject, would co-host the program. What were the call letters?

I remember Together Books and Jerry's Books, both near Capitol Hill, and head shops on Colfax.

Gene Amole's FM classical station (KVOD?); he had a microphone located where you could hear birds making their sounds, and patched this in as background when he was speaking into the studio mic.

The hippie station was KFML. It was AM and FM simulcast, except the AM station's license only allowed it to broadcast during daylight hours. So when the sun went down, they had to sign off. The FM broadcast was 24 hours a day. The guy with the old time radio program was John Dunning.

Gene Amole's classical station was in fact KVOD, broadcasting from Ruby Hill with a microphone out by the bird feeder. Amole also owned an AM station, KDEN, which at one point used to play jazz.

Old 06-03-2022, 01:16 PM

8 posts, read 9,715 times
I remembered the chef's name at Lafittes - John Borg.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver