Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan > Detroit
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-11-2015, 04:16 PM

2,339 posts, read 2,932,579 times

Advertisements

Don't places like Dearborn and Warren actually function as a buffer against crime trying to spread from Detroit and are for that reason exactly not very attractive? I know I wouldn't want to live in the first line of defense.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-11-2015, 04:35 PM

16 posts, read 14,777 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by drro View Post
Don't places like Dearborn and Warren actually function as a buffer against crime trying to spread from Detroit and are for that reason exactly not very attractive? I know I wouldn't want to live in the first line of defense.
Dearborn is next to one of Detroits better neighborhoods, Warrendale. I was born there. It's on the downslide but compared to the east side it's fine. There is no significant Detroit crime spillover outside the mall.

Also I saw your location was in Europe and looked through some posts of yours, why are you so obsessed with hating on a foreign city? Why post on this forum at all? There is a lot of anti-American/anti-Detroit stuff in your posts. If you hate my country so much why do you even bother? Just go hang out in "superior" Holland.

Old 02-11-2015, 10:48 PM

3,671 posts, read 5,887,848 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lookingforanewstart View Post
Dearborn is next to one of Detroits better neighborhoods, Warrendale. I was born there. It's on the downslide but compared to the east side it's fine. There is no significant Detroit crime spillover outside the mall.

Also I saw your location was in Europe and looked through some posts of yours, why are you so obsessed with hating on a foreign city? Why post on this forum at all? There is a lot of anti-American/anti-Detroit stuff in your posts. If you hate my country so much why do you even bother? Just go hang out in "superior" Holland.
Yes, finally someone but me sees this sh*t. He can't be any older than a early-mid teen but the little fu*ker is entertaining for sure. If I'm bored enough I just look through some of his post, grab a snack and a drink and watch him argue with posters from America about how bad American cities are. The post he made on the Baltimore forum was pretty funny btw. Not long ago he was trying to discourage a transplant from coming by showing street view shots of Delray to show him "how he will be living" in Metro Detroit. Although he lives across the world and admitted he's never been to the D. I think he's bored and wants some attention, and secretly loves America as well. Either that or he lives in the US and is just a troll.

BTW both Dearborn and Warren has average crime rates according to CD.

Old 02-12-2015, 10:44 AM

9,588 posts, read 5,842,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lookingforanewstart View Post

Yeah, believe it or not, he's also been going into the Canadian threads for months to trash the US (not just Detroit). The Canadians got pretty sick of it, too, because the guy just doesn't give up. He's even resorted to using aliases, which a regular poster in the Canadian threads managed to ascertain.

Old 02-12-2015, 11:45 AM

2,362 posts, read 1,924,287 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PosterExtraordinaire View Post
i think dearborn is becoming less arab and more white but it's hard for me to judge because I haven't been in and out of the area and my memory isn't the best.

But it seems like to me that some of the arabs who are making it are moving to the pointes, bloomfield hills, birmingham while few muslims are moving to the area (the choice being hamtramck).

As to sharia, a lot of the unofficial business is carried out according to it. I know a lot of muslims (my dad who was one) and you have to be on the IN to really see how these corners are cut. Of course, it's not the law of dearborn that'd be illegal But there are families who live more or less the same as they'd do in a muslim country.
this is exactly true
You mention sharia law and people think women being stoned to death or beheadings...that's NOT what is happening obviously...I know a few Dearborn cops and there is definite sharia influence in this city

Old 02-13-2015, 04:33 AM

2,339 posts, read 2,932,579 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MS313 View Post
Yes, finally someone but me sees this sh*t. He can't be any older than a early-mid teen but the little fu*ker is entertaining for sure. If I'm bored enough I just look through some of his post, grab a snack and a drink and watch him argue with posters from America about how bad American cities are. The post he made on the Baltimore forum was pretty funny btw. Not long ago he was trying to discourage a transplant from coming by showing street view shots of Delray to show him "how he will be living" in Metro Detroit. Although he lives across the world and admitted he's never been to the D. I think he's bored and wants some attention, and secretly loves America as well. Either that or he lives in the US and is just a troll.

BTW both Dearborn and Warren has average crime rates according to CD.
As long as your cities like Detroit, Baltimore, or New Orleans have large areas with third world living conditions and violent crime rates, you'd better be prepared to take some heat. Hiding in the suburbs, pretending the problems in your cities don't exist and ridiculing those who speak openly about it is not a solution at all.

I like your location, 'The city you love to hate' . I don't hate Detroit or the rest of your country btw. The enormous scale of decay, the over the top crime rates and the overall craziness like people dumping boats all over the city, in the middle of the streets far from any water, is what has drawn my attention to Detroit. Everything has gotten so much out of control, it's just fascinating. It's like watching a Charles Bronson movie or playing a post apocalyptic video game.

Old 02-13-2015, 05:50 AM

4,647 posts, read 8,600,716 times
Quote:
As long as your cities like Detroit, Baltimore, or New Orleans have large areas with third world living conditions and violent crime rates, you'd better be prepared to take some heat. Hiding in the suburbs, pretending the problems in your cities don't exist and ridiculing those who speak openly about it is not a solution at all.

I like your location, 'The city you love to hate' . I don't hate Detroit or the rest of your country btw. The enormous scale of decay, the over the top crime rates and the overall craziness like people dumping boats all over the city, in the middle of the streets far from any water, is what has drawn my attention to Detroit. Everything has gotten so much out of control, it's just fascinating. It's like watching a Charles Bronson movie or playing a post apocalyptic video game.
Who said anything about not pretending these issues don't exist? The fact is many of these exists don't directly affect most people who don't live in the crime ridden neighborhoods. The people who are most affected by those issues are the ones making the effort to solve them. Constantly pointing out the issues on the internet does absolutely nothing and you don't have any indication on what's going on in real time and even only choose to look at a certain fixed view that doesn't take in the whole situation. You don't accomplish anything by speaking openly about because action speaks louder than words and I know damn well you aren't going to come to any of these cities and even attempt to do anything positive so you're pretty much nothing but a troll.

Old 02-13-2015, 10:15 AM

9,588 posts, read 5,842,106 times
Quote:
. The enormous scale of decay, the over the top crime rates and the overall craziness like people dumping boats all over the city, in the middle of the streets far from any water, is what has drawn my attention to Detroit. Everything has gotten so much out of control, it's just fascinating. It's like watching a Charles Bronson movie or playing a post apocalyptic video game.
Yeah, you've said this before. So, you find the urban decay and violence entertaining, but you like to consider yourself superior in some way. Got it.

Old 02-13-2015, 10:30 AM

2,210 posts, read 3,496,129 times
Quote:

There's a word for folks who take glee in the suffering of others: sociopath.

Old 02-13-2015, 10:46 AM

58 posts, read 245,869 times
If anyone one has more valuable input on this thread TOPIC, feel free to PM me. I'm unsubscribing. Tired of getting notifications when it's just useless trolling and off topic arguing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan > Detroit