Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan > Detroit
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-10-2008, 06:39 PM

999 posts, read 4,527,144 times

Advertisements

Quote:
I looked into this a little bit. Apparently this was a false rumor. What I was told was that the restaurant did keep two sets of books, but they were just evading taxes, not funding terrorism. The son of the owner of La Shish was accused of murder, but left the country. There was no indication that this had anything to do with terrorism either. I do not remember for sure, but I think it had to do with drugs. The false rumor of terrorism essentially shut the business down.
Wrong again. Talal's kid was CONVICTED and is in prison for murder and is doing 20 years for second degree murder plus two for felony firearm riiiiight about here:
at the state penitentiary in beautiful Chippewa County.
See for yourself:

Offender Tracking Information System (OTIS) - Offender Profile
Talal blamed it on his cousin. The cousin fled to Lebanon and Talal flew a retired judge out there to "take his statement". Talal is now in Lebanon, hopefully waiting for the day an unmanned drone with a Hellfire missle finds him.

As for the Hezbollah allegations? Puh-lease.....He was the keynote speaker at a Hezbollah fundraiser. That's a fact. Hezbollah in Dearborn is seen as a Benevolent organization that helps widows and orphans...that also just so happens to have an armed, bomb-making branch too.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-11-2008, 02:40 AM
Yac

6,051 posts, read 7,726,101 times
Please get back on topic, digging too deep into this is really not necessary. This is not about Hezbollah but about your favorite restaurants.
Yac.

Old 03-18-2008, 05:52 PM

334 posts, read 1,371,291 times
I went to Fishbone's a while back, very good! The place was packed.

Old 03-19-2008, 11:06 AM

979 posts, read 3,828,012 times
Yeah, just a tid bit I love..... Hockeytown and and Fishbones have that frozen plate that runs around the bar that you can put your beers on to keep them nice and cold. I thought that was neat.

Old 03-19-2008, 11:45 AM

6,790 posts, read 8,196,723 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuziSu View Post
Yeah, just a tid bit I love..... Hockeytown and and Fishbones have that frozen plate that runs around the bar that you can put your beers on to keep them nice and cold. I thought that was neat.
I haven't been to Hockeytown. Is it a good place to go?

Old 03-19-2008, 12:10 PM

Actually. Sorry, no. That was about the only thing I liked about that place besides their rooftop patio. Their food is not that great and it is WAAAAAAY over priced. I'm almost positive everyone will agree with me on this one.

Old 03-19-2008, 12:44 PM

6,790 posts, read 8,196,723 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuziSu View Post
Actually. Sorry, no. That was about the only thing I liked about that place besides their rooftop patio. Their food is not that great and it is WAAAAAAY over priced. I'm almost positive everyone will agree with me on this one.
That's what I thought, usually places like that have average food at high prices, but I figured I would ask.

Old 03-20-2008, 12:36 PM

156 posts, read 562,528 times
I'm not a big fan of Hockeytown either. Cheli's nearby isn't that great either, and their service is atrocious (Chris Chelios, on the other hand, is a hockey hero). While we're in the Grand Circus area, I heard Johnny Rockets hamburgers are good even though it's a chain, but I haven't been.

Old 03-20-2008, 12:42 PM

Yes I love Chelios!!!!

Old 03-27-2008, 11:40 AM

316 posts, read 1,181,489 times
I ate at Mario's, and had a really great meal for Italian! Chelis I have tried to eat there twice but left due to very slow service. I am sure they have great chili! I must say, once I was near Cadillac square? and I ate at this hamburger place right next to the building. It was great! Sort of had a greek vibe to it. Anyone know the name?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan > Detroit