Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diabetes
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-20-2009, 07:15 PM

643 posts, read 1,485,453 times

Advertisements

PA,

I'm not sure about T2s so I'm not offering advice, but I do want to share that I know a few T1s who don't like to eat cereal (no matter how healthy their choice) because they have to bolus so much insulin beyond their normal carb-to-insulin ratio. Nonfat milk has a lot of carbs (I use it to treat insulin reactions) and maybe the cereal/milk combo got ya.

Old 05-20-2009, 07:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrozenAngel View Post
No dear, I know the difference. The only thing that keeps people on drugs (insulin) is Dr's., drug companies, and a close mind. Good luck, I wish you well and I am not looking to change a closed mind.
I would be dead within 48-72 hours if I didn't take insulin. Hyperglycemia and diabetic keto-acidosis is a very ugly way to die. How very cruel of you to write such utter nonsense.

Old 05-20-2009, 07:25 PM

6,266 posts, read 19,163,378 times
I don't have diabetes but both my parents did. I know it's not only what you eat but what you drink that can cause problems. Also not all fruits are created equal and some are not suitable for diabetics. So do your research and careful of certain fruits,juices and other drinks.

Old 05-20-2009, 07:30 PM

2,742 posts, read 7,493,115 times
Quote:
No dear, I know the difference. The only thing that keeps people on drugs (insulin) is Dr's., drug companies, and a close mind. Good luck, I wish you well and I am not looking to change a closed mind.
You are the closed minded since u don't know what type 1 means. This people can't produce insulin. There is no cure if your body can't produce it because you lost the cell required to produce it that is it. Nothing on earth will change that.

Old 05-20-2009, 07:46 PM

7,085 posts, read 12,053,112 times
You're on the right track, but when you are over weight enough to cause diabetes you metabolism has fundamentally changed. It will get better with time and effort, but not quickly. Type 1, you pretty much would have to just deal with meds...there are people who try to just use testing and diet but if you don't even have meds around it's a quick trip to the hospital with a misstep.

Not taking your medications will solve your problems very quickly, but you won't really be around to care.

Old 05-20-2009, 08:02 PM

830 posts, read 1,064,204 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunday1 View Post
I would be dead within 48-72 hours if I didn't take insulin. Hyperglycemia and diabetic keto-acidosis is a very ugly way to die. How very cruel of you to write such utter nonsense.
I have diabetes rampant on both sides of my family. Type 1 & 2. I give them the same advice. If you are not willing to go beyond what the dr. tell you than you will never get different results. You say cruel ... I say caring.

Old 05-20-2009, 08:07 PM

Quote:
I have diabetes rampant on both sides of my family. Type 1 & 2. I give them the same advice. If you are not willing to go beyond what the dr. tell you than you will never get different results. You say cruel ... I say caring.
Cruel since the advise can kill your family.
Type 1 is no joke, and people need insulin to live.
There is not diet on earth that would change type 1 diabetes.
There is not cure, is humanly impossible to cure(unless maybe you give the person a new pancreas).
Giving advise to a person that might lead to death is not even cruel it should be criminal(it would be if you were a doctor.)

Old 05-20-2009, 09:31 PM

830 posts, read 1,064,204 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cjma79 View Post
Cruel since the advise can kill your family.
Type 1 is no joke, and people need insulin to live.
There is not diet on earth that would change type 1 diabetes.
There is not cure, is humanly impossible to cure(unless maybe you give the person a new pancreas).
Giving advise to a person that might lead to death is not even cruel it should be criminal(it would be if you were a doctor.)
Lighten up. I recommended a book. It's their choice to read it and follow though or not. All the science I've read says every part of the body is restored every several years. I choose hope and you choose gloom and doom. Who's the real criminal here? It's not me.

Old 05-20-2009, 09:36 PM

Quote:
Lighten up. I recommended a book. It's their choice to read it and follow though or not. All the science I've read says every part of the body is restored every several years. I choose hope and you choose gloom and doom. Who's the real criminal here? It's not me.
I am sorry if i came out to strong.
And not the body doesn't restore everything only certain tissue.
The pancreas doesn't.
The brain doesn't
If someone takes out your kidney, you are not going to grow a new kidney.

Old 05-21-2009, 06:40 AM

Frozen Angel,

You refuse to admit you wrote erroneous information and that you are wrong. You are now telling untruths. You do not have a T1 in your immediate family. If you did you wouldn't be so ignorant about the disease. Perhaps you could check into some books on the ability to admit when one is wrong.

A nice cup of steaming green tea with a dose of reality. Will do wonders for your cerebral health.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diabetes