Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-25-2010, 11:53 PM

4,344 posts, read 5,796,878 times

Advertisements

My suggestion: Make sure your taking in alot of water and cut out the drinks with the HFCS (high fructose corn syrup).
Make an appointment with your Dr because of the health issues your having and until you get in, be COMPLETELY honest with yourself and write down every. single. thing that you put in your mouth. You will be suprised. When I document, I keep a notebook on the counter.
Read up on clean eating or the eat clean diet (both the same thing just twisting the words around a bit). If its something that interests you, take it to your Dr and see if he would or would not approve of the type of lifestyle. I call it a lifestyle because honestly if I look at it as a diet, its setting me up for failure.
Good luck in yor venture!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-26-2010, 04:50 AM

16 posts, read 34,215 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LookinForMayberry View Post
Skip the "fast" plans, unless you want to ruin your health, and gain the weight back in two years.

I give you the same recommendation I gave another:

https://www.city-data.com/forum/exerc...l#post15188319

will surely look into it. thank you for posting!

Old 07-26-2010, 05:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovemaine View Post
Maybe it sounds too simple, but for me, I really had to be in the right state of mind to lose weight successfully. I've been overweight for 20 years, half of my life. Three months ago, I just reached a point where I had enough. I completely changed the way I eat, and started walking 30 minutes a day, 5 days a week. (I needed to lose 90 pounds to be at a healthy weight, and as of this week, have lost 40 pounds.) The weight came off quickly the first month or so, but now has slowed down to about 2-3 pounds per week. I've increased walking to 45 minutes, 5 to 6 times per week.

Diets don't work. The key truly is to eat healthy foods and exercise more. And to realize that it has to be a life-long lifestyle change, not just a way to lose weight. Just my opinion...

yes, i've got plenty of health concerns to keep me motivated. it is extremely frightening when i think about dropping dead one day because i didn't change my lifestyle. i'm taking things slow. i walk too. when i get lighter, i plan on jogging. that's my goal for now.

thank you for your post! i appreciate it very much.

Old 07-26-2010, 07:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladybug07 View Post
My suggestion: Make sure your taking in alot of water and cut out the drinks with the HFCS (high fructose corn syrup).
Make an appointment with your Dr because of the health issues your having and until you get in, be COMPLETELY honest with yourself and write down every. single. thing that you put in your mouth. You will be suprised. When I document, I keep a notebook on the counter.
Read up on clean eating or the eat clean diet (both the same thing just twisting the words around a bit). If its something that interests you, take it to your Dr and see if he would or would not approve of the type of lifestyle. I call it a lifestyle because honestly if I look at it as a diet, its setting me up for failure.
Good luck in yor venture!
hello! thank you so much for your suggestion. i haven't been drinking sodas recently. its hard at times. giving up sugary foods and drinks can be tough. but as they say, no pain, no gain. thank you!

Old 07-26-2010, 08:37 AM

15 posts, read 21,741 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lauren03 View Post
great advice! yes, i can do these things. hopefully someday i can find the time to enroll at a gym or go swimming or jogging.

Good to know! don't forget to have fun while working out!

Old 08-22-2010, 09:35 AM

12,169 posts, read 17,644,605 times
Always nice to have a spammer help us lose weight. I'll inform the moderators.

Old 08-26-2010, 04:35 PM

737 posts, read 1,648,670 times
As far as buying Organic for the worst foods that is best unless the food is from Florida or your live in Florida and buy local. Most of those are pretty safe remember the tomato scare? Not a one was from Florida most of them here in Florida have been growing for many generations and use as little pesticide as possible. I was having problem with one of my trees and was asking my father who grows orange whats to use he said well it depends on what it never use a broad pesticide unless you have to look at what it is and go from there. I have known him to take trees out rather then use pesticide on his grow. No he has never had the cranker on a one of his trees and he has had a few orange groves over the years one for quite a while now.

He also does other vegetables or fruit here and there and he is extremely picky about that kind of stuff he knows it is not just for saleing he is eating it and his family and friends are as well. He also owns a spreading service and he cleans his trucks ever day I mean every single now sometimes a few times a day. When it comes to taking care of a grove or pasture he is top notch and so are his friends.

Old 08-26-2010, 10:44 PM

3,532 posts, read 6,423,489 times
I would say don't put yourself on a diet. Diets don't work. But eat healthy and very clean. You may have to start off slow, but give up fast foods, sodas, and substitute those foods with oatmeal, spinach, lean turkey, iced tea, diet sodas, and limit your sweets to once a week or have a cheat day once a week to reward yourself for really eating clean.

Find an exercise program that WORKS FOR YOU, and that you will stick too without getting burned out. I work out about 4-5 times a week, and I have lost 40 pounds, and have kept it off. I am 43 years old and people tell me from looking at my profile pix on here, that I don't look a day over 35.

Old 09-01-2010, 10:47 PM

5 posts, read 18,222 times
Try to eat ONLY healthy foods, to increase physical activity and to drink ONLY water, you will see the results shortly.

Visit Weight Loss Diet and get you FREE report called "10 Killer Tips for Rapid Weight Loss".

Old 09-06-2010, 06:25 AM

2 posts, read 2,656 times
1>Drink water more
2>Eat lots of fibre
3> Eat regularly
4>Exercise regulary
Follow these tips definitely help to lose weight.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss