Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-17-2011, 05:41 PM

593 posts, read 1,315,233 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lemon&lime View Post
Do you really eat grains at every meal day in and day out? And no, judging by the extreme weight problems and dumpiness of the average American, millions are *not* tolerating grains at all, but rather trying to change the world in to one in which being fat and sick is normal.
Yes,
In the morning I have a monster drink, bacon on a roll.(almost every day) at a nearby bakery,some days I eat french toast at home.
Lunch, that would be some type of meat with rice and beans, chinese food with pork fried rice or sushi.
At dinner the same thing, a meat with rice and beans. (I can say this would be the diet of most hispanics, especially Puerto Ricans and Cubans).
When I eat out in a rest, I always eat bread.
Also I drink Malta (malt) when I eat in a latin rest.
the only thing i do is I limit the carbs after 6 pm, this is because eating high carbs before going to sleep is a bad idea because the body transforms the carbs into fat especially if you go to sleep.

And your logic doesnt make any sense... because that would be that all type O would be fat if they eat grains which is not true..
Just look at China, they eat rice and rice and rice, and rice, and there are millions of millions of type O in china.

Edit: forgot one of my favorite food...
Indian, nothing better then a Chicken Tikka Masala, with basmati rice and naan bread...
This is the most common dish in India,, and let me tell you, to find a obese indian is really difficult, and still they eat plenty of rice and bread all day long, they eat bread in all 3 meals of the day and there are millions of type O in india

Last edited by infiri; 06-17-2011 at 06:01 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-17-2011, 06:57 PM

34,938 posts, read 36,245,191 times
We're omnivores. Eating too much, not getting enough exercise, not having a balanced diet... It all factors in.

I daresay that all the hormones and antibiotics pumped into many of the foods that are available to us factor in as well.

There's no magic formula. If you do better avoiding grains, avoid them. As long as you stay healthy, who cares?

If you do well eating grains? Eat them.

It's no mystery. It's not a blood type thing. That's nonsense to sell books.

I'm type O and I was about a hundred pounds soaking wet for YEARS eating a very large amount of grains.

Now that I'm older and I've had a few kids, I like limit high glycemic index foods, but I'm not militant.

It just works better for me now.

All people are different. Why try to sell them on one way to eat?

Old 06-17-2011, 07:45 PM

14,129 posts, read 31,244,985 times
I wouldn't eat a lot of them while trying to lose weight but they're probably okay once you reach your goal and you monitor your weight

Old 06-17-2011, 10:30 PM

34,938 posts, read 36,245,191 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CAVA1990 View Post
I wouldn't eat a lot of them while trying to lose weight but they're probably okay once you reach your goal and you monitor your weight
I don't think it's wise to eat too much of any food, yanno?

Moderation.

Old 06-18-2011, 06:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by meh_whatever View Post
I don't think it's wise to eat too much of any food, yanno?

Moderation.
Some things you can eat by themselves in almost unlimited quantities, like meat, eggs, and vegetables, because you could not possibly ingest enough to put on the pounds, assuming you cut out the carbs.

Old 06-18-2011, 07:32 AM

13,250 posts, read 42,770,834 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CAVA1990 View Post
Some things you can eat by themselves in almost unlimited quantities, like meat, eggs, and vegetables, because you could not possibly ingest enough to put on the pounds, assuming you cut out the carbs.
If the -only- thing you're trying to do is lose weight, AND you don't care whether or not you're healthy, then your statement MIGHT be true.

However, if you eat "almost unlimited quantities" of meat, then you're getting too much protein, and too much iron, and can cause serious liver damage and other potentially life-threatening digestive disorders as a result.

The human body is not designed to eat "almost unlimited quantities" of ANYTHING.

Old 06-18-2011, 12:34 PM

2,296 posts, read 6,283,220 times
I stopped eating so much rice in the late 90s when I started the Zone. I was not obese from eating it, just very sluggish and tired. Sure eating meat with rice isnt terrible for a type O but its not optimal either; a rice bowl type meal isn't something an O should eat everysingle day. Vegetables should be emphasized over grains. As forthe millions of Os who live on grains, there are fat people everywhere, not just America.

Old 06-18-2011, 07:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnonChick View Post
However, if you eat "almost unlimited quantities" of meat, then you're getting too much protein, and too much iron, and can cause serious liver damage and other potentially life-threatening digestive disorders as a result
That wouldn't be possible. You'd get full long before you ever got to that point. If your statement were accurate then explain the Inuit and other Arctic peoples whose diet consists almost entirely of sea mammal meat and blubber.

Old 06-18-2011, 08:22 PM

2,296 posts, read 6,283,220 times
Again it really has to do with blood type. Although most blood type Os who do blood type eat a variety of things the emphasis is on protein. I personally have eaten 60+ grams of animal protein for a decade & I am thin & youthful looking for my age. What I have regularly avoided is *grains*, especially wheat.

I'm wondering how many people on here eat wheat daily, what your blood type is, and what your guessgtimated body fat is, as well as your emotional condition, ie. on antidepressants etc. My die hard opinion as an O is life is too short to be fat and depressed, wheat has got to go.

Old 06-18-2011, 11:48 PM

593 posts, read 1,315,233 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lemon&lime View Post
Again it really has to do with blood type. Although most blood type Os who do blood type eat a variety of things the emphasis is on protein. I personally have eaten 60+ grams of animal protein for a decade & I am thin & youthful looking for my age. What I have regularly avoided is *grains*, especially wheat.

I'm wondering how many people on here eat wheat daily, what your blood type is, and what your guessgtimated body fat is, as well as your emotional condition, ie. on antidepressants etc. My die hard opinion as an O is life is too short to be fat and depressed, wheat has got to go.
you still cant explain me, can you??
I eat grains everyday more then once a day.
I am still skinny, full of energy, not taking any antidepressant, actually not taking any drug.
I am truly convinced that you have something to gain with this type of diet, either you have a webpage selling stuff or you actually selling a book.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss