Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-16-2011, 03:13 PM

2,296 posts, read 6,283,220 times

Advertisements

Fine, listen to them. But carefully monitor your body fat to make sure you are really making progress. If you are, great.
Quote:
Originally Posted by brooklynborndad View Post
the american diabets assoc recommends eating whole grains. As did my doctor, when advising me on reducing by blood sugar levels. I have eaten them as part of my following the WW guidelines, and I have steadily lost weight in that time.

and once again, I am type O.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-10-2011, 01:24 PM

8,868 posts, read 12,557,923 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lemon&lime View Post
Fine, listen to them. But carefully monitor your body fat to make sure you are really making progress. If you are, great.

update = my ldls and triglycerides went down, my HDLs up, and my blood sugar down. My doc was very happy. As was I.

I would like to thank the AHA and ADA for their good advice and the wheat farmers of american (yeah, ive had some other whole grains, including quinoa, but it was mostly wheat) for their contribution to my health.

Old 06-10-2011, 07:18 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,163,875 times
Quote:
update = my ldls and triglycerides went down, my HDLs up, and my blood sugar down. My doc was very happy. As was I.
Congratulations!!

It's good to see someone getting their info from their doc and not someone on the internet who has a que$tionable agenda.

Old 06-11-2011, 12:09 PM

6,762 posts, read 11,627,331 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
Congratulations!!

It's good to see someone getting their info from their doc and not someone on the internet who has a que$tionable agenda.
Yes, the pharmaceutical industry and big agriculture corporations who own the FDA and USDA are 100% trustworthy and would never put $ ahead of reality....

Old 06-11-2011, 12:33 PM

13,250 posts, read 42,770,834 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXboomerang View Post
Yes, the pharmaceutical industry and big agriculture corporations who own the FDA and USDA are 100% trustworthy and would never put $ ahead of reality....
"their doc" means - their doctor. Their physician. Physicians are neither the pharmaceutical industry, nor the agriculture corporations. Nor are they the FDA or the USDA. Doctors, for the most part, aren't sheep. Most of them ARE trustworthy, because most of them continue their education and listen to many sources of valid information; not merely what the Rx companies or Monsanto dictate.

If you're finding otherwise, then you're experiencing one of the minority of doctors who are sheep, who only intake what the Rx companies and Monsanto feed them, and spit it out by rote to patients. These types of doctors are in the minority, although the intrawebz conspiracy theorists would have you believe otherwise. If you're unsure about this, check with Al Gore, the inventor of the internet.

Old 06-12-2011, 10:46 AM

What is your body fat %?It is important to manage that as well.
Quote:

I would like to thank the AHA and ADA for their good advice and the wheat farmers of american (yeah, ive had some other whole grains, including quinoa, but it was mostly wheat) for their contribution to my health.

Old 06-12-2011, 09:13 PM

593 posts, read 1,315,233 times
I really cant believe that some people think that blood type has anything to do with diet...
type O blood means it doesnt have proteins that type A and B has in their red blood cells, nothing to do with the digestive system.

Old 06-12-2011, 09:28 PM

It has everything to do with it. You need to actually practice it in order to understand it. Read the D'Adamo boards, they are filled with positive testimonies. Blood type is one of the few fad diets in the States that has loads of followers who have been on it 10+ years and are happy & healthy. 5-10 years in to virtually every other system people have problems. Even the Victoria Secret models do it.

Old 06-12-2011, 10:24 PM

14,561 posts, read 23,059,119 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lemon&lime View Post
It has everything to do with it.
Real doctors and scientists disagree.

Old 06-13-2011, 07:57 AM

In America "real" doctors prescribe drugs, make diagnoses & give death sentences. Many of them also favor the nutritional pyramid which is crap for just about everyone. Why don't you creep on over to the D' Adamo board and ask the blood type As yourself? Or ask.anyone. I have not read many if any posts on there in the last ten years of blood type being "unscientific". 30 days off wheat & my nighttime hand tremors went away. Entirely.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosco55David View Post
Real doctors and scientists disagree.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss