Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-13-2011, 08:26 AM

14,561 posts, read 23,059,119 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lemon&lime View Post
In America "real" doctors prescribe drugs, make diagnoses & give death sentences.
Yes, and Obama was born in Kenya and President Bush was behind 9/11, right?

Quote:
Why don't you creep on over to the D' Adamo board and ask the blood type As yourself?
Ask them what? I'm already smarter and in better shape than those types by leaps and bounds, plus I've already read the works that discredit this diet. What could they possibly tell me that I haven't already seen through.

That said, if you want me to get involved there then by all means, post the link up and I'll do it. I'll go snatch up a couple of my friends from the bodybuilding forums and we'll see if your blood type lemmings can go toe to toe with us.

I'm not even joking either. Post the link.

Quote:
I have not read many if any posts on there in the last ten years of blood type being "unscientific".
Of course not. The people who congregate on those boards are one of two types of people. The first (and you fall into this group) being the blind lemmings who are either too stupid or too gullible to objectively question the validity of this diet. The second are the types who stand to benefit from pushing this diet, and since they are the ones in control of the forums they tend to squash anything that shines the light on the quackery they promote.

Quote:
30 days off wheat & my nighttime hand tremors went away. Entirely.
And you still can't explain how this blood type A person possesses many of the same traits that are only supposed to belong to O types.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-13-2011, 10:21 AM

32,516 posts, read 37,163,875 times
Quote:
It has everything to do with it. You need to actually practice it in order to understand it. Read the D'Adamo boards, they are filled with positive testimonies.
The D'Adamo boards are NOT going to have testimonies from people with ANYTHING negative to say about him or his beliefs. Those posts would be removed. That's why THIS board is so helpful. ALL viewpoints are allowed and encouraged.

Old 06-13-2011, 10:31 AM

2,296 posts, read 6,283,220 times
I do not whine nor do I have to defend my diet: I'm right, you're wrong & that's all there is to it.

Old 06-13-2011, 10:34 AM

No one has anything bad to say about Peter D'Adamo. He's nearly unassailable.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
The D'Adamo boards are NOT going to have testimonies from people with ANYTHING negative to say about him or his beliefs. Those posts would be removed. That's why THIS board is so helpful. ALL viewpoints are allowed and encouraged.
And no, not all viewpoints are tolerated and encouraged on this board. I put up with a lot simply because I know I'm right. I have many years--25 roughly-- of experience with diet and exercise & know what I'm doing. Just because something is offered up as a "viewpoint" doesn't make it valid. I think the real problem with a lot of the people on this board is you've had years to do your diet homework & haven't done it. The reason beyond that is that you really have no talent for health & wellness. Understanding the blood type diet requires a certain kind of experience, insight and talent that few people have because they are weak and undisciplined not just with food but in general.

Last edited by lemon&lime; 06-13-2011 at 10:43 AM..

Old 06-13-2011, 10:53 AM

32,516 posts, read 37,163,875 times
Quote:
I think the real problem with a lot of the people on this board is you've had years to do your diet homework & haven't done it. The reason beyond that is that you really have no talent for health & wellness. Understanding the blood type diet requires a certain kind of experience, insight and talent that few people have because they are weak and undisciplined not just with food but in general.
Since you don't have ANY idea of what my own studies on this topic have included, for OVER 25 years, I'll try not to laugh.

Old 06-13-2011, 10:57 AM

8,868 posts, read 12,557,923 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXboomerang View Post
Yes, the pharmaceutical industry and big agriculture corporations who own the FDA and USDA are 100% trustworthy and would never put $ ahead of reality....
since im not on any meds, Im not sure how the FDA comes into play. And given how many meds have been banned by the FDA, i think the argument for complete regulatory capture is weak.

As for USDA, as far as I can tell the ag lobbies offset on this. If the grain farmers dislike atkins, im pretty sure the beef industry loves it. Anyway, most "official" support for different approaches doesnt come from USDA.

Are you suggesting my doc faked my bloodtest results? At the behest of FDA and USDA?

Old 06-13-2011, 10:59 AM

Quote:
I do not whine
Sure you do. You're whining right now.

Quote:
nor do I have to defend my diet
No, but for someone who is so passionate about it, I'd think you would want to defend its honor from people like me who tear it to shreds.

Quote:
I'm right, you're wrong & that's all there is to it.
So how come no one on here defends you or takes your side?

Quote:
No one has anything bad to say about Peter D'Adamo. He's nearly unassailable.
Blatant lie. Here's just a couple tidbits I've posted before.

From the late Dr. Mel Siff.

Quote:
"The huge body of references which he has assembled on the relationship between nutrition, disease and healing is well known to naturopaths, Anthroposophists, Ayurvedic medicine practitioners and many others in the alternative healing arts, but he has provided no evidence whatsoever to link blood type and optimal diet. That is an entirely different matter."
Quote:
A great deal of his theory is based upon the supposed action of lectins, proteins occurring on the surface of some foods that can cause various molecules and cells to stick together. He blames lectins for serious disruptions throughout the body, from agglutination of the blood cells to cirrhosis and kidney failure, where agglutination refers to the irreversible clumping-together of red cells in your bloodstream. D'Adamo has never presented corroborating studies to support any of these speculations.
Quote:
He even considers certain foods to be especially dangerous ... especially lentils and kidney beans because they contain lectins that deposit in your muscle tissues, making them more alkaline and less charged for physical activity." Yet, he has never published any micrographic photographs showing changes in muscle tissue biopsied from people with different blood types after they have eaten kidney beans or lentils.
Quote:
A possible statistical preponderance of certain diseases among specific blood types in one study and a possible statistical relationship between other diseases and nutritional habits in other studies does not permit one statistically or logically to link blood type and eating profile.
Quote:
If you search further through his website, you will find a considerable amount of literature which examines a possible statistical preponderance of certain diseases among specific blood types, but you will find no research which links blood type and eating profile. Neither will you find any accredited research studies published by D'Adamo.
Quote:
He makes a huge and illicit leap in logic, by inferring that the statistics which he quotes proves that specific blood types need specific diets. Even the ancient Grecian logicians cautioned against making this sort of correlation.
Quote:
He never mentions the fact that nutritional needs are not a constant, but depend on many factors such as current physical work output, the type of work ('aerobic' vs 'anaerobic'), the presence of infections, one's fatigue state, one's age, gender, psychological state and so on.

He makes the serious oversimplification that one's nutritional needs represent a fairly precise balance and he fails to distinguish adequately between degenerative diseases, infectious diseases, genetic disorders and overtraining syndromes.
Quote:
So far there is no proof that blood type and nutritional profile are related. In the above article, Dr. Gorski (Tim Gorski, MD) is quite right in asking D'Adamo about not only the gross blood types, but also the variations within each, such as Rh positive and negative, and the implication that there must be a huge number of major and minor blood type profiles for every person, something which has not even been vaguely proved.

This, of course, means that there must be thousands of different diets to cope with every variation of blood type. What a miracle that humankind ever survived, especially since availability of food variety is only a very recent development!
And my favorite...

Quote:
There is also considerable doubt that D'Adamo has a genuine doctorate in any accredited field. Whether this is true or not, the point is that anyone purporting to carry out research should know about causality, statistical inference and the rules of basic logic -- and he is using what Thouless stated in his excellent little book "Straight & Crooked Thinking" one of the illicit ways of 'proving' something.
And from Michael Klaper, MD.

Quote:
However, the 'blood type diet' theory, and the book that promotes it, presents many problems that prevent me from seriously basing any of my dietary choices upon them.
Quote:
"there is nothing sacrosanct about the ABO blood typing system devised by Dr Landsteiner in the 1920s. It is only one system classifying more than thirty proteins on the surface of cells that determine other blood groups, with names like Auberger, Diego, Duffy, Kell, Kidd, Lewis, Lutheran, MNSs, P, Rh, Sutter, and Xg. This means that food selections that may be 'right' for the ABO blood group system might be "dead wrong" for someone's Kell or idd antigens. Why are we deifying the D-galactosamine-fructose molecules on the red cell surfaces that determine ABO Type?"

Right there, we have three legitimate, certified doctors calling out D'Adamo for peddling a scam.

Quote:
And no, not all viewpoints are tolerated and encouraged on this board.
Those which have a sound basis in fact and logic are. Your viewpoints are neither, so of course they get hammered.

Quote:
I put up with a lot simply because I know I'm right.
And yet you can't prove it.

Quote:
I have many years--25 roughly-- of experience with diet and exercise & know what I'm doing. Just because something is offered up as a "viewpoint" doesn't make it valid. I think the real problem with a lot of the people on this board is you've had years to do your diet homework & haven't done it. The reason beyond that is that you really have no talent for health & wellness. Understanding the blood type diet requires a certain kind of experience, insight and talent that few people have because they are weak and undisciplined not just with food but in general.
And yet you've been called out by people here who are many times more knowledgeable and successful than you are in matters of health and fitness. Myself and Lao being just two of them. Me and him both have histories of fitness and athletic prowess as well as learning in months or weeks what has taken you a quarter of a decade to figure out.

Old 06-13-2011, 12:02 PM

Quote:
Tear it to shreds, I don't care.
The people who might consider following this diet sure can. Judging by your following (or lack of) here, I'd say I've won this battle.

Quote:
You haven't figured anything out except how to drive to the gym and microwave a chicken breast.
Gym is easy. It's 3 blocks north and 5 to the east. Bosco don't do microwaves. He prefers his chicken cooked on the grill.

Better luck next time.

Old 06-13-2011, 12:32 PM

A following doesn't mean anything. I've given a fairly elaborate testimonial to the blood type approach, I bet a lot of Os secretly wish they had the discipline to eliminate wheat & dairy. It's the difference between being fierce & being a loser.

Old 06-13-2011, 12:39 PM

16,579 posts, read 20,701,290 times
Quote:
A following doesn't mean anything. I've given a fairly elaborate testimonial to the blood type approach, I bet a lot of Os secretly wish they had the discipline to eliminate wheat & dairy. It's the difference between being fierce & being a loser.
Oh geez--as an "O", let me be the first to say that I love nothing more than a grilled cheese sandwich on homemade white bread with a glass of cold milk on the side. It's delicious and causes me no ill effects whatsoever.

As for fierce...do you consider yourself fierce because you peddle fad diets on the internet all day? Rawr.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss