Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-17-2011, 09:08 AM

1,549 posts, read 4,256,119 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasper12 View Post
Some people, for whatever reason, are just negative, and get power from putting others down.

You are giving me hope. Last year I lost 50 pounds, but got so depressed, I gained it back. 50 pounds, when you are big, just does not really change anything, you still "look" fat to others. But I did feel better, and my clothes fit better.

I just gave up. I know I can do it again. It just takes a lot of internal energy and self esteem.
You can lose it again...I too am still considered fat/obese or whatever but my physical health is SO MUCH BETTER because I am smaller than what I have been!!!

I need to lose 50 more to make my doc happy so let's do it together!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-17-2011, 09:40 AM

5,142 posts, read 13,117,598 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lemon&lime View Post
Never discuss weight loss at work! No one cares that you've been losing weight & likely she needs to lose weight too.
At my hubby's work, they have Weight Watchers meetings and its good to have the meetings there and have someone to lean on for support because sometimes the food and snack brigade (aka food for another office meeting, potlucks, celebrating birthdays with cake, the list goes on) come marching in and it's really difficult to turn away.

Old 04-17-2011, 04:13 PM

6,883 posts, read 11,238,332 times
Smile Seeing someone every day

If you see someone every day or work day, sometimes you just don't notice. I have lost 11 pounds since Thanksgiving and even though it's not that much, I'm not going to give up.

Keep on going!!

Old 04-18-2011, 06:59 AM

1,014 posts, read 1,564,375 times
Congratulations on the weight loss!

Weight loss you have to do for you and you alone. I have heard this many times but it is oh so true.

Old 04-18-2011, 07:01 AM

1,014 posts, read 1,564,375 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bette View Post
If you see someone every day or work day, sometimes you just don't notice. I have lost 11 pounds since Thanksgiving and even though it's not that much, I'm not going to give up.

Keep on going!!
It is a lot!! and congrats!! I am surprised how much 11 pounds shows with how clothes fit and how you look and feel.

Old 04-18-2011, 07:14 AM

9,229 posts, read 8,544,205 times
Bruised egos are the worst. Probably you were seeking at least encouragement and it hurt not to get it. I am also proud of your twelve pounds, but you cannot expect others to share your feelings.

Next time, wait until someone notices and thank them for it.

Old 04-22-2011, 11:32 PM

2,135 posts, read 5,488,043 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LookinForMayberry View Post
Bruised egos are the worst. Probably you were seeking at least encouragement and it hurt not to get it. I am also proud of your twelve pounds, but you cannot expect others to share your feelings.

Next time, wait until someone notices and thank them for it.
Amen. Never talk about how much weight you have lost until you are either: done and at your ultimate goal, or someone else brings it up (then just blow it off like, "well maybe, I have been trying to eat right lately) anything else makes you look like a giant tool. Especially if you are obese and losing the weight you did still puts you in the obese category. Like a 500 lbs person going down to 480 lbs is a good start, but not really anything to brag about.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss