Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-11-2011, 12:05 PM

6,762 posts, read 11,627,331 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnonChick View Post
Some people have trouble digesting simple carbs. You obviously are one of them. That doesn't mean whole grains are unhealthy. The grains ARE healthy things. However, YOU are unable to gain any benefit from those unhealthy things. It's something defective in you, not in the grain.

Sort of like...flowers. Flowers are wonderful things. They add beauty to the world, they're natural, they smell great, they provide pollen for bees to make honey, they provide hiding spots for spiders who eat the insects that plague the gardens...

however, if you have severe pollen allergies, you shouldn't go too close to flowers. That doesn't mean flowers are bad things, or that they're unhealthy. It just means YOU cannot tolerate them. It's something defective in you, not in the flower.
okay
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-12-2011, 10:55 AM

2,296 posts, read 6,283,220 times
Right, blood type & genotype play a huge role.
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnonChick View Post
Some people have trouble digesting simple carbs. You obviously are one of them. That doesn't mean whole grains are unhealthy. The grains ARE healthy things. However, YOU are unable to gain any benefit from those unhealthy things. It's something defective in you, not in the grain.

Sort of like...flowers. Flowers are wonderful things. They add beauty to the world, they're natural, they smell great, they provide pollen for bees to make honey, they provide hiding spots for spiders who eat the insects that plague the gardens...

however, if you have severe pollen allergies, you shouldn't go too close to flowers. That doesn't mean flowers are bad things, or that they're unhealthy. It just means YOU cannot tolerate them. It's something defective in you, not in the flower.

Old 06-12-2011, 11:53 AM

13,250 posts, read 42,770,834 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lemon&lime View Post
Blood type plays no role at all. None. At all. Genotype has nothing to do with the fact that some people have stomach problems, and some don't. My sister and I are proof of that; we share a genetic code. She has had esophogal surgery, a stomach hernia sewn up, her gall bladder removed, and can't eat processed grain without getting gas. I, on the other hand, have a cast-iron stomach and can eat whatever I want without feeling sick - with the one exception of ice cream and certain cheeses, because I'm allergic to a certain enzyme in one of the proteins.

The fact that LOTS of people who are related, and even identical twins, can grow up with vastly different nutritional needs, is proof that your claim is patently incorrect.

Old 06-12-2011, 06:52 PM

14,561 posts, read 23,059,119 times
Quote:
Which genotype are you?

Old 06-12-2011, 08:56 PM

6,757 posts, read 8,280,807 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXboomerang View Post
You are missing the point. I am talking about eating full fat sausage without feeling guilty about it instead of thinking I have to watch my saturated fat and cholesterol intake. After being told for well over a decade by doctors and a couple of nutritionists I have seen that because of my family history of heart disease I need to keep my saturated fat and cholesterol intake very low, its pretty interesting to cut out grains, starches, and most carbs and start sucking down eggs WITH the yolk fried in butter, fatty red meats and the sausage I LIKE and go back for my blood work 3 months later and they tell me my bloodwork looks "textbook" healthy. My doc nearly fell over when I told her what I had eaten the previous months only to see all bloodwork look MUCH BETTER!
Yes, I did the same thing. Eating bacon, eggs, butter, some full-fat dairy, lots of green veggies, and dropped my cholesterol from 227 to 164 in 3 months. At last screening, total cholesterol was 165, ratios excellent. Also completely lost all heartburn/reflux.

I know I don't tolerate grains very well, nor potatoes, so I keep them minimal. Of course, I didn't get to find this out until I tried low carb. No doctor (with their weeks of nutritional training) mentioned that it was even a possibility.

Old 06-12-2011, 09:38 PM

Genotype yourself David. I'm a fierce lean Hunter who at 40 has a 23 -24 inch waist. AnonChick, you know not one thing about blood type. My sister got a module on her vocal cord, i didn't. She's not quite as thin as me & says the avoids don't bother her, same as all other in denial ignorant Os on here. Denying that wheat or dairy is a problem food is common the world over. My sister will probably gain a little weight, age worse and have allergies that I don't have as a result of her diet. Why don't you get back to trying to lose 30 lbs. Hint: blood group As on D'Adamo board.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosco55David View Post
Which genotype are you?

Old 06-12-2011, 10:12 PM

14,561 posts, read 23,059,119 times
Quote:
I'm a fierce lean Hunter
That's not a genotype.

Old 06-13-2011, 05:34 AM

13,250 posts, read 42,770,834 times
It's called a nodule, not a module. Nodules are not caused by nutritional problems, so I don't know why you even mentioned it. They're caused primarily by abuse or misuse of the vocal cords, such as teachers who have to keep their voices raised over a classroom of noisy students for hours on end (as one example of professions of people who are diagnosed with vocal fold nodules).

You -might- be meaning polyp, and not nodule, which is similar but not the same thing. Polyps are also most often caused by abuse and misuse, however some very few people with gastric reflux have been known to get polyps.

Of course, the point is, you know nothing about medicine, except what you choose to believe on the quack websites you read on the internet. If you did, you'd know it was a nodule, not a module, and you'd know that nodules and polyps were different things, and that the cause of nodules have nothing to do with what someone eats.

Old 06-13-2011, 07:48 AM

Typo! Module, nodule, whatever. This fierce Hunter says get busy & figure out how to lose weight!

Old 06-13-2011, 11:02 AM

8,868 posts, read 12,557,923 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXboomerang View Post
Not really. I didn't say they were directly unhealthy (although it is at the very least debatable). But for all they hype that is constantly being given to them, there is nothing they provide that can't be easily found in foods that offer far more than a little fiber and a few b vitamins and assorted minerals.
I think weve established that you can say the same thing about lots of different categories of foods. That you can work around dropping a particular food group, be it grains, or dairy, or red meat, or fruit, or whatever, does not mean the group is not healthy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss