Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-23-2007, 04:43 PM

1,738 posts, read 8,274,874 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenMachine View Post
When you drop the carbs, you start to feel it right away. Your stomach will feel flat in the morning. Your body will start to feel leaner and tighter. Let this be your guide. I had a friend who lost 65 pounds just by cutting out sugar and bread. Another friend recently lost 25 -- just by changing their lifestyle. Most people report that they feel better and have more energy and sleep less.
your very sweet to keep check'n in w/ me and guiding me.

so here's my evening check in
coffee,some yogurt(coats the tummy),banana, sunflower seeds(haven't had those in about 6 years). fruit, meatball for lunch(finishing off the leftovers...we're on a budget!), cheesestick, and tapalia w/ mushrooms and onions and a salad. ...I made it all. ....well, i didn't make the fruit or sunflower seeds, but you get it. and tonight is beer night! one beer for me. It's a awesome beer called a purple haze(mmmmmm). That's alot of food now that i look back!
I ran a mile and a half ...I failed at my norm but somebody named Cody-dog kept me up all night.
He was snoring like a cow and then was sleep barking. Cody started barking and ran to the front of the house...my husband followed him out to the front of the house and said all of a sudden Cody stoped barking ,sat down and looked puzzled(like what are we doing here) ...he swears the dog sleep walked!

let me know when you get tired of my check-ins.

p.s. nice to hear about other people accomplishments, motivates me.
i heard something once that the last 10-15 pounds is the hardest!!! ...well, I've only gained 10-20, does that still count?

Last edited by kelly3120; 10-23-2007 at 04:55 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-24-2007, 08:33 PM
jco

2,121 posts, read 6,450,626 times
Definately get your thyroid checked. Along with it, I'd get all hormones and your prolactin checked. I agree with cutting out starch and sugar, but I thought your body needs some carbs for energy. Try replacing with whole wheat pasta or grains instead.

Old 10-24-2007, 08:59 PM

2,493 posts, read 4,398,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kelly3120 View Post
your very sweet to keep check'n in w/ me and guiding me.

so here's my evening check in
coffee,some yogurt(coats the tummy),banana, sunflower seeds(haven't had those in about 6 years). fruit, meatball for lunch(finishing off the leftovers...we're on a budget!), cheesestick, and tapalia w/ mushrooms and onions and a salad. ...I made it all. ....well, i didn't make the fruit or sunflower seeds, but you get it. and tonight is beer night! one beer for me. It's a awesome beer called a purple haze(mmmmmm). That's alot of food now that i look back!
I ran a mile and a half ...I failed at my norm but somebody named Cody-dog kept me up all night.
He was snoring like a cow and then was sleep barking. Cody started barking and ran to the front of the house...my husband followed him out to the front of the house and said all of a sudden Cody stoped barking ,sat down and looked puzzled(like what are we doing here) ...he swears the dog sleep walked!

let me know when you get tired of my check-ins.

p.s. nice to hear about other people accomplishments, motivates me.
i heard something once that the last 10-15 pounds is the hardest!!! ...well, I've only gained 10-20, does that still count?
You've earned your beer! Good job on the eating....

Love the updates! Keep them coming....

Old 10-25-2007, 03:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenMachine View Post
You've earned your beer! Good job on the eating....

Love the updates! Keep them coming....
haha!
I didn't run today, but i did work-out for an hour
yesterday I had coffee(give in),yogurt,watermelon,salad w/ meat and cheese,1/2 protien bar,steak and veggies ..I set the pasta aside(so sad)
and today i walked a mile and a half(was tired today) yogurt,coffee,banana,soup,sunseeds, fuirt and some sweet potatoe chips...but I didn't like them so only like two.
We are going out to dinner tonight. Have a friend whos going through a trying time, so we are taking her out. I know, we are sweet people

Old 10-25-2007, 04:06 PM

45 posts, read 77,977 times
Hey, I am 5'3 and I am just now at 139 after gaining 50 pounds with my 3 month old...hang in there. I had to change my diet (very little sugar) and not eat for 2 anymore. It will come if you get it in your head. I was so depressed after coming home from the hospital, I had only lost 8 pounds and the baby was ,more than that!!!!!!!!! I have about 10 or so to go but it will come. I find if I am stressed about it I actually hold on to the weight, just be a little more free spirited with it and tell yourself how great you DO look now and it will give the confindence to go for it!

Old 10-25-2007, 04:41 PM

Quote:
haha!
I didn't run today, but i did work-out for an hour
yesterday I had coffee(give in),yogurt,watermelon,salad w/ meat and cheese,1/2 protien bar,steak and veggies ..I set the pasta aside(so sad)
and today i walked a mile and a half(was tired today) yogurt,coffee,banana,soup,sunseeds, fuirt and some sweet potatoe chips...but I didn't like them so only like two.
We are going out to dinner tonight. Have a friend whos going through a trying time, so we are taking her out. I know, we are sweet people
Try a baked sweet potato or butternut squash.

When you go out to dinner, sick to salad, meat, and vegetables. Eat all you want of the good stuff. No desert. After a while, you won't really crave the pasta or sweet stuff. Cravings go away.

My pants are loose after two weeks of not eating bread and sugar. My friend said my face looked thin. "Don't lose too much," he said. I patted my big ole butt and said, "Don't worry. I don't carry my weight on my face."

Old 10-25-2007, 11:21 PM

18 posts, read 119,690 times
Go on the nutra slim diet. It really truly works. My boss lost 120 lbs. in 3 months NO LIE.
Hes so skinny he looks like a crack head. the cost of food with that program is about 300.00 a month. They deliver it to your home.

OR you could go on that show I WANT TO LOOK LIKE A HIGH SCHOOL CHEERLEADRER AGAIN. LOL
I think skinny people and fittnes is over rated. Im fat and I'm not hungry.

Old 10-26-2007, 05:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgia123 View Post
Go on the nutra slim diet. It really truly works. My boss lost 120 lbs. in 3 months NO LIE.
Hes so skinny he looks like a crack head. the cost of food with that program is about 300.00 a month. They deliver it to your home.

OR you could go on that show I WANT TO LOOK LIKE A HIGH SCHOOL CHEERLEADRER AGAIN. LOL
I think skinny people and fittnes is over rated. Im fat and I'm not hungry.
ha! Thanks! I only wanna loose 20 pounds, can't justify it would cost 300 dollars to loose 20 pounds. I don't wanna look like a crack head
Thanks

Old 10-31-2007, 05:41 AM

damn the Halloween Candy! It looks at me I look at it and we both pout =)

Old 10-31-2007, 09:05 AM

Quote:
damn the Halloween Candy! It looks at me I look at it and we both pout =)
Kelly,

As you reduce the amount of sugar and starch in your diet, your cravings for sweets should diminish. If you want something sweet, have berries and plain yogurt. Stop thinking about the candy.

I've been on the low-carb diet for about three weeks, and as of this morning, I am 1.5 pounds away from my goal weight. My jeans fit me great.

As Oprah says, "Nothing tastes as good as thin feels."

Keep up your good work.

Greenie
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss