Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-10-2007, 10:36 PM

10,481 posts, read 25,280,890 times

Advertisements

Kelly, just measure, don't rely on the scale. The scale doesn't give tell you how much muscle you have. Since muscle weighs more than fat.
You can get a scale that shows your BMI, a Tanita scale. You have to weigh on it barefoot. You can set it up for each member of your family. The BMI is a better indicator anyway of your fat percentage than a number on the scale.
Since you are exercising like crazy, you can probably eat anything you want, since you burn alot of it off anyway. I wish i had your energy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-11-2007, 06:42 AM

1,738 posts, read 8,275,237 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PinkString View Post
Kelly, just measure, don't rely on the scale. The scale doesn't give tell you how much muscle you have. Since muscle weighs more than fat.
You can get a scale that shows your BMI, a Tanita scale. You have to weigh on it barefoot. You can set it up for each member of your family. The BMI is a better indicator anyway of your fat percentage than a number on the scale.
Since you are exercising like crazy, you can probably eat anything you want, since you burn alot of it off anyway. I wish i had your energy.
thanks for the info. I might get the scale you speak of.
...off to church.

Old 11-12-2007, 10:26 PM

2,493 posts, read 4,398,547 times
Well, I pigged out today. I ate everything under the sun. I ate about a pound of cheese. And tonight I ate an enormous portion of some kind of wonderful casserole a neighbor brought over. It had rice, shrimp, onions, mushrooms, cheese, and a can of mushroom soup or sour cream, I think.... yum, yum.

Old 11-13-2007, 05:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenMachine View Post
Well, I pigged out today. I ate everything under the sun. I ate about a pound of cheese. And tonight I ate an enormous portion of some kind of wonderful casserole a neighbor brought over. It had rice, shrimp, onions, mushrooms, cheese, and a can of mushroom soup or sour cream, I think.... yum, yum.
good for you!

I pigged out yesterday. We had a cook out around the outdoors fire

Old 11-13-2007, 08:49 AM

2,493 posts, read 4,398,547 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kelly3120 View Post
good for you!

I pigged out yesterday. We had a cook out around the outdoors fire
Well, I feel horrible today, bloated and groggy, so I'm going off the sugar again. Not worth it for how I feel.

greenie

Old 11-13-2007, 09:39 AM

25,080 posts, read 16,325,290 times
Kelly3120: I know just what u mean about at stand-still in your weight management program. I am fairly active too, but if I don't drink an ample amount of water, eat raw veggies and stay away from the whites (flour, bread, sugar, rice and potatoes) daily, my weight will stay pretty much the same. Another thing that helps me is an internal cleanse from time to time. U can find many of these products at any health related store. Oh and don't forget fresh fruit whenever possible. It is better for weight loss than juice. Be encouraged. U will meet your fitness goals if u stay with your program.

Old 11-14-2007, 05:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sun queen View Post
Kelly3120: I know just what u mean about at stand-still in your weight management program. I am fairly active too, but if I don't drink an ample amount of water, eat raw veggies and stay away from the whites (flour, bread, sugar, rice and potatoes) daily, my weight will stay pretty much the same. Another thing that helps me is an internal cleanse from time to time. U can find many of these products at any health related store. Oh and don't forget fresh fruit whenever possible. It is better for weight loss than juice. Be encouraged. U will meet your fitness goals if u stay with your program.
thanks for the info ....we always have fresh fruit. I'm prety good about keeping everything healthy over here. That which isn't is put on the top shelf which requires a chair for me to get it.
...there is no way in hell I will internally cleanse(not being rude). I am of the belief that my body can cleanse itself and to cleanse means that good nutients leave as well. Plus, it all sounds uncomortable and I don't want stuff like they show in pics coming out of me ....disgusting. I'd never look at myself the same again. Thanks so much for the encouragement. I'll keep doing what I'm doing. I quit weighing myself and did measurements. I have a inch an a half off each thighs and maybe a half inch off my belly. I"m praying to God my boobies don't disappear

Old 06-28-2013, 04:29 PM

26,329 posts, read 93,743,760 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kelly3120 View Post
I weight 145 and I'm 5'3
i've been trying to loose the weight for a while but i stand still at 145 regardless.

here's my day to day over the last week. on all of these days I play soccer at night w/ the dog for 30 minutes

Monday rollerbladed w/ doggie for 3 miles
yogurt,apple,salad, and cornish hen for dinner(it was delicious ...i made it) and always coffee!!!!!!!!

Tuesday roller blade 5 miles w/ doggie
same stuff(we had leftovers)

Weds ran/walked(when heart rate got to high ...i try to stay below 160)
coffee, yogurt, salad, a cookie(hehe) and spegdetti and meatballs(again, i am a good cook!)

Thursday
coffee, yogurt, salad, went out to dinner w/ hubby(we need a date here and there)
no excercise besides soccer time w/ cody

Friday(today)
coffee, yogurt, and i haven't eaten lunch yet, but i'm about to eat some fruit.
ran two miles w/ puppy

Add in household chores, work, mowing the lawn and everyday stuff
Shouldn't i be loosing weight?
I walk EVERY DAY and 3 of my 4 week in a month look like this.
....weight why are you still here? ...someone mentioned stress(maybe?), i've been watching my heartrate ALOt in hope to keep it aroun d 145-150 when i excercise. Someone mentioned if my heart rate was really high i coudl be overshooting and my excercise efforts will not effect my weight loss(survival mode?)

I of course drink about a beer a week and a glass of wine every night and tons of water.

any ideas? So frustrated!
It's not what you are eating buy how much. You could get fat on lettuce if you ate enough of it.

Old 06-29-2013, 12:14 AM

5,284 posts, read 20,047,178 times
I have been following as best as I can your posts. I would cut way back on the meat and eat lots of vegetables...a big salad filled with a wide variety of raw vegetables. Eat whole cooked grains instead of bread...keep your bread to a minimum...bread is processed and densely carbohydrate. Have 1/2 a cup of quinoa or wild rice blend or brown rice or buckwheat rather than bread. Eat whole grain oats for breakfast...cut way back on eggs....eat egg whites and the occasional yolk.

Fill yourself up with raw and steamed vegetables of many varieties including fresh avocado. Eat raw nuts in moderation (on your oatmeal). Fresh peanut butter and celery for a snack. I eat seeds too...sesame, sunflower, kashi (toasted buckwheat), pepitas, flaxseed, etc.

Try eating beans and legumes. Again reduce the meat to a 3 to 4 ounce portion once a day and fill up on the veggies with some whole grains. Watch the amount of fruit you are eating...stag away from watermelon and pineapple and other high glycemic fruits....including too many bananas...eat no more than 1/2 a banana a day.....stick with modest portions of berries, kiwi, grapefruit and small tart apples. Watch your portion size and frequency of eating fruit...it is good for you but full of sugar.

Eat a whole foods diet as much as possible...cut out the processed foods. Cut back on dairy...leafy greens have tons of calcium and no cholesterol and little fat. You don't need a lot of dairy to be healthy.

If you are serious about losing weight cut out the sweets entirely...no refined sugar....after a while you won't even consider dessert. Sugar will no longer call you. Yogurt is relatively high in sugar....unless you are eating Greek plain yogurt....4 ounces. Start really reading labels..quite a bit more sugar in regular nonfat yogurt than plain nonfat Greek yogurt.

I lost 73 lbs. last year and the diet I described is how I did it. You are simply eating too much and too much fat. Easy to remedy though.

Last edited by Cattknap; 06-29-2013 at 12:34 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss