Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-02-2007, 01:20 PM

1,738 posts, read 8,274,874 times

Advertisements

I bought me a new dress ....why??? because I lost 5 pounds buuuhahahhaaa!
my husbands gonna say the dress is to busy and I'm gonna say BITE ME! hahaha!
I broke eating guideline on our anniversary(yesterday) But that's ok ...anniversaries trump all!
We went to my favorite Italian resturante and had a great time.

Hey congrats on your accomplishment greenmachine!!!! wooo wooo!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-02-2007, 06:24 PM

2,493 posts, read 4,398,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kelly3120 View Post
I bought me a new dress ....why??? because I lost 5 pounds buuuhahahhaaa!
my husbands gonna say the dress is to busy and I'm gonna say BITE ME! hahaha!
I broke eating guideline on our anniversary(yesterday) But that's ok ...anniversaries trump all!
We went to my favorite Italian resturante and had a great time.

Hey congrats on your accomplishment greenmachine!!!! wooo wooo!
Awesome! Good for you buying a new dress.

I'm still on my diet. Boring. I'm not craving any food, but I'm not having any fun either. Ice-cream and chocolate chips used to give me something to do on a lonely weekend night, but now it's just an apple. Oh, well, maybe I'll celebrate and get some new boots and tight jeans in another week.

Greenie

Old 11-02-2007, 06:30 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,395,538 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kelly3120 View Post
I weight 145 and I'm 5'3
i've been trying to loose the weight for a while but i stand still at 145 regardless.

here's my day to day over the last week. on all of these days I play soccer at night w/ the dog for 30 minutes

Monday rollerbladed w/ doggie for 3 miles
yogurt,apple,salad, and cornish hen for dinner(it was delicious ...i made it) and always coffee!!!!!!!!

Tuesday roller blade 5 miles w/ doggie
same stuff(we had leftovers)

Weds ran/walked(when heart rate got to high ...i try to stay below 160)
coffee, yogurt, salad, a cookie(hehe) and spegdetti and meatballs(again, i am a good cook!)

Thursday
coffee, yogurt, salad, went out to dinner w/ hubby(we need a date here and there)
no excercise besides soccer time w/ cody

Friday(today)
coffee, yogurt, and i haven't eaten lunch yet, but i'm about to eat some fruit.
ran two miles w/ puppy

Add in household chores, work, mowing the lawn and everyday stuff
Shouldn't i be loosing weight?
I walk EVERY DAY and 3 of my 4 week in a month look like this.
....weight why are you still here? ...someone mentioned stress(maybe?), i've been watching my heartrate ALOt in hope to keep it aroun d 145-150 when i excercise. Someone mentioned if my heart rate was really high i coudl be overshooting and my excercise efforts will not effect my weight loss(survival mode?)

I of course drink about a beer a week and a glass of wine every night and tons of water.

any ideas? So frustrated!
you are stressed out, a significant factor.
i did kaiser semi fast diet. lost 25 lbs in 60 days lost another 5 and stayed 30 lbs of former weight. . from 197 to 167
without the handholding, its 3 cans of slimfast a day and a modest meal.
i was a lil tougher, no rice pasta dessert only 1 slice dry toast a day.
water or green tea only.
but it works.
slow brutal but it works.
my doctor told me up front im 59 and they would be hard to lose lbs.
i was already a sensible eater.
hope that i have not rambled stayed on target and have not talked too much about myself.

Old 11-02-2007, 09:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenMachine View Post
Awesome! Good for you buying a new dress.

I'm still on my diet. Boring. I'm not craving any food, but I'm not having any fun either. Ice-cream and chocolate chips used to give me something to do on a lonely weekend night, but now it's just an apple. Oh, well, maybe I'll celebrate and get some new boots and tight jeans in another week.

Greenie
thanks! I'm still watching it, but I did break it for a anniversary day! But our anniversary is very important and worth the indulgence.
yay for the boots and jeans Green Machine. Cheer up! Your doing great.

Old 11-03-2007, 06:40 AM

5,004 posts, read 15,348,616 times
Kelly bought a new dress because she lost 5 lbs, and i had to buy some new khatis because I can't lose 5 lbs. this sucks. i am so happy for Kelly though.

Old 11-03-2007, 10:11 AM

2,493 posts, read 4,398,056 times
My weight is stuck where it is. The last few don't want to leave...

Old 11-04-2007, 06:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jessaka View Post
Kelly bought a new dress because she lost 5 lbs, and i had to buy some new khatis because I can't lose 5 lbs. this sucks. i am so happy for Kelly though.
awh, thanks.
At the moment I've gained 17 pounds(my cats on my lap...yes i know he's fat, but a 9 yr old cats not gonna change)

i read about running and this seems to be working. I run two minutes hard, get my heart rate down and then run two minutes hard again. We do this for 40 mins to an hour and it works great. I get worn from a long consistent run, but this works as I have recovery time. and the dog thins this game is so much fun!!!

I just have to say IT'S COLD IN FLORIDA TODAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:rolley es:

Old 11-05-2007, 08:49 PM

ohhh my goodness this weather ROCKS! ...that's all!

Old 11-05-2007, 10:45 PM

1,316 posts, read 5,788,075 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PinkString View Post
Cut out the yogurt and meat. That alone will drop the weight.
You beat me to it! EXACTLY!!!
I've been vegan over 5 years, but I actually GAINED weight!
This years, I lost 25 lbs in a few months with NO exercise!!!
I'm starting my exercise again now - & yes - that could actually be part of why you don't lose.
You need to eat a lot when you exercise!
Basically if all you eat is fruits, veggies, nuts, seeds, some healthy Amy's frozen foods here & there - sometimes soy yogurt or soy milk, sometimes cereal, you'll lose weight!
That's all I eat & I don't have to pay attention to when, how much - UGH! What a drag!
I just eat!
And of I'm extra hungry, I eat more.
Go with your body. But stick with only the natural foods. And no meat or dairy.

Last edited by elfyum; 11-05-2007 at 11:14 PM..

Old 11-10-2007, 01:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elfyum View Post
You beat me to it! EXACTLY!!!
I've been vegan over 5 years, but I actually GAINED weight!
This years, I lost 25 lbs in a few months with NO exercise!!!
I'm starting my exercise again now - & yes - that could actually be part of why you don't lose.
You need to eat a lot when you exercise!
Basically if all you eat is fruits, veggies, nuts, seeds, some healthy Amy's frozen foods here & there - sometimes soy yogurt or soy milk, sometimes cereal, you'll lose weight!
That's all I eat & I don't have to pay attention to when, how much - UGH! What a drag!
I just eat!
And of I'm extra hungry, I eat more.
Go with your body. But stick with only the natural foods. And no meat or dairy.
Thanks for the info!
I don't wanna be a vegan!!!! ummm, I'm Italian!!! like that big fat greek wedding "you don't eat meat, I make you lamb" ......mmm, Lamb!!! I want to eat meat, meat gives you pigment and is very good for you!!! I don't eat a ton of yogurt, it is more of a health measure. Yogurt is awesome for lining the stomach and digestion. I eat like 2-3 spoonfuls a day and I give the dog one spoonful as it's good for their tummies too. i'm not eating anything fried and staying away from ALL processed food and ingredients I pronounce.

We don't eat frozen foods, we eat all fresh that's for sure. Most is grilled. BUT AMYS HAS GOT A AWESOME SPINACH PIAZZAAAAAA(that I haven't touched in weeks =( ).
We eat lots of seafood and all types of meat ....on top of all types of veggies and fruit.

I'm not loosing as much weight as I thought I would BUT I look skinner. My husband said my waist is smaller and I'm a pant size smaller, so I am keeping in mind that all the running could be packing on muscle. I'm also doing 20 sit-ups, push-ups, crunches and bleh a day. I'm running everyday but one and two or three days I run twice ...Monday,weds and Friday I run at night w/ my husband. ....strangely, my husband and I enjoy running together w/ our doggie. We catch up on eachothers days, no gadgets except that leash and we have alot of fun(we are disgustingly in love). I've gotten lots of comments that I look prettier then usual(yes, I know I'm pretty. I'm a brat), but it could be this awesome weather and good hair days.

....my puppy is very happy too. He thinks his daily runs ROCK! and honestly even if I don't loose the weight, I feel really good! I'm addicted to the running now. Last ngiht we didn't go run because hubby wasn't feel'n good and I was honest let down. Ha who'd a thunk it! I have a orchestra gig tonight and I went to get a outfit out of my black section(like 40 items)and I have black pants in sizes 8,9,10,13 ..think I'm set and Oprah said to get ride of all your clothes you don't wear! HA!

So I'm off to play about 300 notes for a ridiculous amount of money and enjoy myself. =) It's good to be a musician.

Have a good weekend!

Last edited by kelly3120; 11-10-2007 at 01:26 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss