Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-20-2013, 09:41 PM

4,651 posts, read 4,972,902 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by txoutdoors View Post
I've been following a paleo/ primal style diet for about 3 years now. I also incorporate the intermittent fasting approach to meal timing and frequency. The intermittent fasting was the part that made it all come together for me. I eat all of my calories in roughly an 8 hour window each day. Dinner is around 7:00-7:30 each evening and my next meal is 11:00-11:30 the next day. Eliminating breakfast and snacks made life easier. I'm no slave to food like I used to be with the "breakfast is the most important meal" or "you need 5-6 small meals" BS I used to believe. I rarely crave junk food and my hunger levels are very predictable. A 10 gram dose of branch chain aminos pre workout works fine for days I train early morning.
As for eliminating food groups as a rule, I don't do that. I will stop eating things to see how I do and go from there. I've mostly eliminated grains and dairy from my diet, but I still have some rice or a tortilla once in a while. I also tend to throw a sprinkle of cheese on my scrambled eggs and add kefir to my whey protein shakes.
All in all, I suggest finding something that you can master and make a ritual in your life. Most importantly, don't just follow one persons plan or one type of diet without devoting time to learning as much as possible. Read opposing arguments and search for the answers that move you forward.
A sensible approach.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss