Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-09-2014, 03:07 PM

2,183 posts, read 2,636,607 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cattknap View Post
It doesn't matter when or under what circumstances you eat the "treat" you described - under all circumstances the combination of foods you listed are unhealthy. Why would anyone go to the time and effort to do a "brutal" workout only to fill their body with absolute crap afterward - too much sodium, too much fat, too many empty calories. Do learn about what good nutrition means - it will help you avert certain obesity and many of the diseases associated with it and will probably help you avoid a heart attack as well. Don't fool yourself into thinking that because you work out you can eat whatever you want - big mistake which you will pay dearly for at some point.
I've been consistently LOSING fat while eating big meals post workout filled with "unhealthy" food. I've also been getting consistently stronger and I'm in perfect health.

Why don't you riddle me that?

You clean eating nazi's need to wake up. Eating some pizza and ice cream every now and then isn't going to make you obese and keel over from a heart attack. The way I see it, I'm replacing muscle glycogen. That's where carbs go post workout, they aren't stored as fat, they help the rebuilding process. Good luck doing heavy lifting consistently without eating lots of carbs, and good luck enjoying life while restricting yourself from eating most everything that tastes good. Your going to die anyway no matter how "clean" you eat, might as well enjoy food while your here.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-09-2014, 05:47 PM

14,767 posts, read 17,108,380 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tofur View Post
I've been consistently LOSING fat while eating big meals post workout filled with "unhealthy" food. I've also been getting consistently stronger and I'm in perfect health.

Why don't you riddle me that?

You clean eating nazi's need to wake up. Eating some pizza and ice cream every now and then isn't going to make you obese and keel over from a heart attack. The way I see it, I'm replacing muscle glycogen. That's where carbs go post workout, they aren't stored as fat, they help the rebuilding process. Good luck doing heavy lifting consistently without eating lots of carbs, and good luck enjoying life while restricting yourself from eating most everything that tastes good. Your going to die anyway no matter how "clean" you eat, might as well enjoy food while your here.
No its not. Every once in a while.

However you are kidding yourself if you think that healthy food doesn't taste good.

Odd statement that we're all going to die, so just eat **** in the meantime. As our time on earth is limited, I choose to limit my intake of processed foods. Mostly because they make me feel like ****, so why would I choose to spend my limited time on earth feeling sluggish and lacking energy. Weird.

And not everyone processes carbs/sugar in the same way. Refined sugar & I simply do not get along.

Old 02-09-2014, 05:51 PM

14,767 posts, read 17,108,380 times
As for something sweet, I like to make these

Raw chocolate balls.

Recipe:

Almond Meal – 1/ cup
Almond Butter – ¼ cup
Honey/Maple Syrup ¼ cup or more
Dates x5
Coconut – Desiccated and Flakes ½ cup each
Cacao – ¼ cup
Carob Buttons – crushed – ¼ cup
Water – tblsp

*NB** All measurements are a guess, I normally just chuck in a handful or more depending on how I feel.

Mix altogether until a little sticky. If too dry add more water/honey/syrup. Careful on the water though. Roll into balls an set in freezer or fridge.

Additional things you can add:
Oats
Rice Puffs
Flaxseed Meal
Goji Berries
Cranberries
Banana

Old 02-10-2014, 04:04 PM

564 posts, read 1,040,104 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tofur View Post
Eating some pizza and ice cream every now and then isn't going to make you obese and keel over from a heart attack.
No, but some people are very sensitive to refined grains and sugars. This could be a physiological or psychological reaction, but for some people moderation just doesn't work.

No one would suggest to an alcoholic that "a few drinks won't hurt" or to a recovering drug addict that "one or two hits won't hurt". For some people, food is a very potent trigger for a host of other ills. Once they start down the slippery slope they find it difficult to remain in control. So for those folks, avoidance is the only means.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss