Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-18-2014, 10:53 AM

9 posts, read 9,963 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lover of Animals View Post
I am inclined to agree. I bought an expensive juicer and have been trying it,but don't know if it's worth it. I've been thinking about returning it if no one can convince me that it's worth it.
Keep the juicer!!!
Juicing is so good for you! its a way to extract all the vitamins and make them raw. When you drink a juice, your body doesn't have to break it down. Without having to break down the vitamins your body can focus more on actually absorbing all the nutrients! Also juicing is gentle on the liver, helps cleaning and detoxifying.

Juicing is great for you!!!!

Hope this helped!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-18-2014, 02:44 PM

638 posts, read 992,870 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nightlysparrow View Post
Sure, if you want to drink 480 mg of sodium in an 8 oz glass.

And the "low sodium" 140 mg version is awful, BTW.
When I drink it,I drink the low sodium one and I don't drink 8oz. It doesn't taste any worse than the juices I've made with juicer.

Old 03-18-2014, 03:36 PM

22,654 posts, read 24,579,035 times
Quote:
Actually,we have taken a vacuum cleaner back that we had for six years. However,us cheapos buy the best Dyson which has a lifetime warranty anyway. To each his own, but it's not a good reflection not to take advantage of a great deal as well. Trust me..... They get their money back many times over and attract many more customers because of this policy.
Big difference between a warranty issue and scamming by returning something you have used.....and don't want anymore.........stinky, dishonest and cheap IMHO.

Old 03-18-2014, 04:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tickyul View Post
Big difference between a warranty issue and scamming by returning something you have used.....and don't want anymore.........stinky, dishonest and cheap IMHO.
It's not scamming,stinky,dishonest or cheap if it's their policy and they are happy to do it. It's a blessing!

Old 03-20-2014, 09:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fightforfit View Post
Keep the juicer!!!
Juicing is so good for you! its a way to extract all the vitamins and make them raw. When you drink a juice, your body doesn't have to break it down. Without having to break down the vitamins your body can focus more on actually absorbing all the nutrients! Also juicing is gentle on the liver, helps cleaning and detoxifying.

Juicing is great for you!!!!

Hope this helped!
I have decided to keep it! Have some good recipes I am trying and finding it more enjoyable now. Question: When a recipe calls for grapefruit,apples,etc,do you peel them or leave the peeling on?

Old 03-20-2014, 09:54 AM

18,001 posts, read 27,450,890 times
What model of juicer do you have?

Old 03-20-2014, 10:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by McGowdog View Post
Cuisinart

Old 03-20-2014, 10:25 AM

64 posts, read 94,262 times
Quote:
I have decided to keep it! Have some good recipes I am trying and finding it more enjoyable now. Question: When a recipe calls for grapefruit,apples,etc,do you peel them or leave the peeling on?

I juice organic apples and lemons with the skin on. I am too lazy to peel them. I thought I read something about not juicing grapefruit skin though. I can't remember why.

I would not juice non-organic skins as I would not want all the pesticides going into my drink.

Old 03-20-2014, 11:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by purpleprincess22 View Post
I juice organic apples and lemons with the skin on. I am too lazy to peel them. I thought I read something about not juicing grapefruit skin though. I can't remember why.

I would not juice non-organic skins as I would not want all the pesticides going into my drink.
I just found out from a pro that either is fine as long as it's cleaned properly. The reason about the grapefruit skin is it could make it taste bitter.

Old 03-20-2014, 12:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by McGowdog View Post
Found book and got a better description of it. It's Cuisinart Juice Extractor.....CJE-1000. We chose it because we've had such great luck with other Cuisinart products. It does a fantastic job so far.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss