Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-25-2015, 09:14 PM

14,561 posts, read 23,057,740 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by conlainhothuong View Post
Back on the low carb diet and its really messing with my head. Makes me feel almost depressed because I am ALWAYS hungry every 2-3 hours.
What state do you live in? Hopefully its one where you can walk into a Walgreens and buy some ephedrine for an ephedrine/caffeine stack. Also, in the other thread I told you to get your doctor to write you a prescription for Cycloset. That has appetite suppression effects too.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-25-2015, 09:30 PM

769 posts, read 1,014,348 times
cut the carbs and sugar out completely, start exercising at least an hour a day. you will shed the weight in no time.

also, since your asian, why not just drink tea? high in anti oxidants, will make you sweat more and shed more weight. just don't go adding dairy or sweeteners to it.

Old 06-25-2015, 09:32 PM

769 posts, read 1,014,348 times
Quote:
SO I guess all the narrow downs to having self control and determination...which I need to work on because 3 days felt like a life time. Its this feeling of never feeling full and always mildly hungry.
carbs are addictive.

in order to feel full, you will just have to up the amount of protein and or vegetables in your meals.

also try to not cook vegetables. they should be eaten raw.

Old 06-26-2015, 02:19 AM

5,606 posts, read 3,508,862 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by McBain II View Post
I think you need to go back to elementary science class. A calorie is a measure of energy, not weight. Weight is mass. Water has mass, even if it has no calories, therefor it does affect weight.

To argue otherwise is the height of absurdity.

Source or support this claim with actual science.

This one too.
Human beings are not camels.They don't retain gallons of water for future use.

Old 06-26-2015, 03:18 AM

2,966 posts, read 5,215,120 times
If you cannot drink enough water, and feel waterlogged, it's because your body isn't using it. This happens to me when I'm inactive sitting in the a/c, it can be hard to get 2 full mason jars down in a day.

On the other hand, if I work out, or hike outdoors in the heat, I can chug a full jar in 5 minutes and my body will crave more because it's actively using that water and flushing it back out.

You mentioned that you haven't started working out yet - you need to do that to utilize and crave more water, otherwise you're just filling up a stagnant well that's already full.

Old 06-26-2015, 08:22 AM

3,308 posts, read 4,557,684 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ughhnyc View Post
cut the carbs and sugar out completely, start exercising at least an hour a day. you will shed the weight in no time.

also, since your asian, why not just drink tea? high in anti oxidants, will make you sweat more and shed more weight. just don't go adding dairy or sweeteners to it.
***rubs eyes*** did he just say that?

Old 06-26-2015, 10:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roscoe Conkling View Post
Human beings are not camels.They don't retain gallons of water for future use.
Do I need to explain the reductio ad absurdum fallacy to you?

Old 06-26-2015, 10:59 AM

4,053 posts, read 8,252,207 times
conlainhothuong, congratulations on starting to get healthier! You might want to set some mini-goals so you don't feel so discouraged. I have two apps that really help me set and reach mini-goals.

Water Your Body reminds me to drink water on a schedule and tells me how much I should drink based on my weight. It helps me meet the water drinking goal. It's fun and easy to use. I also have a calorie counter app that goes with my BodyMedia device. It also counts my calorie expenditure, so I know whether I'm up or down for the day. It also keeps me accountable for eating healthy. If you eat the cake, you have to log it. It also tells me how much I sleep, which is important to weight loss.

My Fitness Pal is another good calorie counting app. Both apps will break down your calories into fat, carbohydrates and protein. My trainer advised me to eat my body weight (in grams) of protein every day. That's a lot of protein but on the days that I approach that goal, the scale is kinder to me. Another thing that has helped me a lot is getting more fiber in my diet. I go for the RDA of 25 grams a day as a minimum. It really has helped. The app keeps me on track for fiber intake, too.

The BodyMedia also counts my steps. The days I go to the gym and do cardio really helps me meet that goal. The step counter also helps me stay off the couch.

So all-in-all, I have five mini-goals per day: 1. water, 2. calories counted, 3. protein intake, 4. fiber intake and 5. steps. Usually, I can feel good about at least one of them, and sometimes all of them. It helps me not think about the scale so much and the scale is moving in the downward direction. I really feel better, too. So far I am down 23 pounds since February. It's not super fast weight loss, but it's good lifestyle changes that will help me keep the pounds off for good.

Good luck!

Old 06-26-2015, 11:33 AM

19,013 posts, read 27,569,699 times
Quote:
Hi

I have started a detox (3 days ago, I think) and started the garcinia cambogia diet pills. It had super high reviews and I know its worked wonders for many. I am also drinking Green Tea Hawaii, which is also supposed to help. Since I take all 3 together at the moment (detox is just 14 days), I need to drink a lot of water.

I have always been bad at drinking an adequate amount of water. Most days, I dont even drink over a glass. I know its bad, thats why I am trying to work on that now. I am up to drinking 6 glass a day (hoping to get to 8 glass soon). Each glass is about 10 oz of water, so I am drinking about 60 oz. The water makes me feel so sick. I feel full, which means I dont have room for food, but it also means my weight has increased.

1. you need to stop paying attention to "high reviews" and what crowd follows. There's NOTHING good for you there.
2. you need to establish your healthy weight and work towards that goal. Not towards what models in magazines and ads look like. I have not noticed your height, but your healthy weight is your height in centimeters less 100 equals weight in kilograms. Do your math.
3. water, huh. That's another thing indoctrinated into people. There's only ONE real gauge to tell you how much water to drink - thirst. You feel thirsty - you drink some water (well filtered preferably) until you thirsty again. That's it. That being aid, a lot of this depends on your diet as some foods and most of over the counter ones WILL make you thirsty. That's part of the game.
4. so you want to loose weight. OK. You are around 80% water. Depends who you listen to. So you keep adding weight to weight, right? Where is water stored in your body? Some organs, like liver, fluids and in fat. Fat is emulsion based on predominant fluid in your body - water. Yes, it's bile + fat emulsion, but how much water is in bile, and so on? Common sense wise, if you were to loose wight, you want to dispose of fatty emulsion in fat cells then why to add more water to that? Oh, but everyone says this or that? Sure.
5. truly, the only one you should be listening to is your body. It will never fail you and will always tell you in ways various, what is good and what is not for it. So you don't feel like drinking unnecessary tons of water. Neither do I. And I am in gym every other morning and look quite fit for a 60 yo male. Yet, my water intake is very moderate and I definitely do not pump myself with fluids during or right after gym. You sweat it out - you just replaced all you lost. Does not make sense.
6. I can tell you what worked for me. Total body cleansing. I did one week no food just to cleanse my GI tract and as a reward, over the period of the following 2 months, I lost 50 lbs. Think about it.

Old 06-26-2015, 12:50 PM

As a general rule of thumb, you want about 5-6 clear urinations a day. If you've got that, you're pretty much covered as far as hydration.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss