Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-14-2015, 01:25 PM

12 posts, read 20,804 times

Advertisements

Great job on the weight loss! I admire you for sticking to it, I wish I could do something like that, but I can not deal with the feeling of hunger especially running after 2 kids.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-14-2015, 05:58 PM

8,583 posts, read 16,007,147 times
I am the original poster and nothing is working right now..
I am hungry 3-4 times a day right now and it's hard to
eat small meals when super hungry...

Old 10-14-2015, 06:14 PM

3,308 posts, read 4,557,978 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kelly237 View Post
Then eat 3-4 normal sized meals. Not "American" normal, but common sense normal.

Old 10-14-2015, 06:29 PM

8,583 posts, read 16,007,147 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aneye4detail View Post
Then eat 3-4 normal sized meals. Not "American" normal, but common sense normal.
That is what I am trying to do but I don't lose this way..
If I do low carb I will lose because that decreases my appetite..

Old 10-15-2015, 10:21 AM

17,568 posts, read 15,237,377 times
Quote:
I'm hungry pretty much all the time.. But.. Not HUNGRY all the time.

Don't want to sound crass or unfeeling here, but.. Those times of being hungry are when willpower has to kick in. When you're HUNGRY, you need to eat. You start feeling light headed or similar, get something in your system. Something good for you.. Have an apple, banana, something like that. I'd say have a handful of nuts, but, I had a bad experience with that (I was like some kind of rabid squirrel with them, couldn't put them down)

Old 10-15-2015, 03:21 PM

3,308 posts, read 4,557,978 times
I think it's harder to not eat when you're bored than when you're hungry. I think no one should sit there with hunger pangs. If they are hungry, eat broccoli, zucchini, carrots, celery. If you're bored, that's when the willpower needs to kick in.

Old 10-15-2015, 07:33 PM

586 posts, read 830,841 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aneye4detail View Post
Are you on the low carb diet and its not satisfying your hunger? I am currently on the low carb diet and I get hungry all the time. If I caved in, I could eat like a horse. The whole point is controlling your hunger. It is okay to be hungry, as long as you dont feel light headed. I also eat my last meal at around 8 pm, because if I stop eating at 6pm I would be really hungry by 12 am (I am a night owl) and thats when I end up eating all the carbs to replenish.

Old 10-16-2015, 07:06 AM

3,763 posts, read 12,545,468 times
Quote:

Different lifestyles work for different people.

I've been eating essentially one meal a day (in the evening) with a "snack" at lunch for several months now. Didn't adopt it deliberately, really... but I never was much for breakfast so this works well for me.

I've lost some weight (which is my goal, yes - but not specifically why I went to 1 meal a day) ... but in general this lifestyle is just better with me.

I eat something at lunch (a croissant or a couple of cheese slices), then after work I eat a normal meal (meat + veg + starch (sometimes). Occasionally I have a dessert.

But for me this feels very normal. So, I guess if it doesn't for you, change as necessary.

And yes - occasionally (weekend) I will have bfast Then I usually skip lunch (too full!) and eat a light snack for dinner.

Again, do what works for you. Not what works for someone else!!

Old 10-23-2015, 07:52 PM

44 days.. 23.9lbs down. Starting of 252lbs, current 228.1. ALMOST dropped 10% of my body weight.

Starting BMI of 36.2, current of 32.7 (Another 2.7 and i'm no longer 'obese'! Ok, technically, 2.8.. Someone out there was gonna bring that up.. lol)

Starting Body fat of about 35.2, if I recall correctly.. Current 32.2

Water weight percentage (According to my little electric scale that supposedly measures it) went from about 47% to 49.8%

I've shaken up my eating just a bit.. Still one meal a day.. I work out around 7pm, have added a little weight training in.. Not alot.. It's still basically 45 minutes a day, 6 days a week on the treadmill, "Hill" program, up to level 16 (out of 20).. Dinner goes in a marinade when I get home around 8:30pm, in the oven around 10pm.

Eating now generally consists of 8oz of meat (Pork, Chicken, Steak or Salmon) and a side of either this Squash dish I make (Zucchini and Yellow Squash with onions, yellow/red peppers and jalapenos with Old Bay Seasoning) or sometimes a single serve Velveeta 2% milk shells and cheese. But, before I eat dinner, usually while it's cooking.. I have 2 (fairly large) sticks of celery and a carrot with a little fat free honey mustard dressing.. Eliminated the salad with the meal in favor of the celery.. Mainly because the bagged salads turn brown too quick and brown salad grosses me out. I've also added a glass or two of sweet tea (not TOO sweet) each day.. It's something I love, so that's my treat. Anything past the two glasses, it's water with Wal-Mart brand Fruit Punch drink mix added. (The store brand Crystal Light) or plain water.. Or.. If I get a hankering for a soda.. Carbonated Cherry Limeade flavored water.

Last week was actually a bad week. I kinda stuck at the 232lb mark for 4 days.. But, in the past 2 days, i've lost 3.3lbs. If I look at it on a week-by-week basis though.. I'm right around losing 3lbs a week. Which, is just above my goal of 2-2.5lbs/week. The weight tracking app is great, because I would have sworn to you that I was stuck at ~232 for 2 and a half weeks.. But, I can go back and look at it and see, it was all in my head.. REALLY helps to keep from getting discouraged.

I get hungry around 4pm, but it's not too bad and being at work and having something to do keeps my mind off being hungry. When I workout, afterwards, I'm not really hungry at all.. I think, and this is my opinion, that working out on an empty stomach forces my body to burn the fat stores quicker and better, but.. I can't back that up.

You can really see the loss in my face.. Numerous people have commented on that. The 'love handles' are pretty much gone.. Belly is shrinking, but.. Still there. Have not dropped a pants size, though I need a belt now and I'm up a notch on it.

I've thought about this a bit.. What's my goal? Well, my goal weight is technically 199lbs. But, moreso.. Why am I doing this? To get healthy? No.. I really don't care.. I wasn't UNhealthy even at my weight. Slight high blood pressure, but my cholesterol and blood sugar were fine. I can answer why I post here.. It's motivation for me, and.. I hope for someone else. I think alot of my point in doing this, is showing myself the power of setting your mind to something. Now, technically.. .I've got my annual trip with the kids to Great Wolf Lodge at Christmas.. And, yeah, I'm sure a part of it is wanting to look halfway decent in a swimsuit (Yes, even guys think about that at times).. But, really.. I think it's more just proving what you CAN do.

Last edited by Labonte18; 10-23-2015 at 08:01 PM..

Old 12-10-2015, 03:14 PM

So.. We're just past 3 months.. Weigh in last night was 219.9lbs. That's 32.1lbs down. Either 20.0 pounds to go or 39lbs, pending on which goal.. My goal is 199.9lbs, while 180.9lbs is the official not-obese weight.

I did pretty much take about 10 days off around Thanksgiving. Between a hot water heater blowing up and family commitments around that time.. I couldn't get to the gym and did eat whatever I had sitting around.

I am down a pants size.. Had to replace my gym clothes because as I'd run on the treadmill, my pants were trying to fall off. 38 waist jeans fit nicely now.. The only 40's I still have.. Have to have a belt that now goes two notches further on it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss