Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-23-2015, 12:39 AM

15 posts, read 15,831 times

Advertisements

You probably just lost a ton of water weight so the physical changes are less noticeable. Lose another 10 or 20 and you should see a drastic difference. When I was on the three week diet and lost 15 pounds I barely saw a difference. This was the most weight I have lost in a short period of time. If you want to see faster results go check out the diet, you can read a review of the three week diet here and see if it's something you want to try, reviewyu.com. I suggest you take things slow and keep dieting and you will see the results that you want. Also you start noticing the most changes once you drop below 15 percent body fat, so just keep dieting and you will get there.

Last edited by sandrale21; 10-23-2015 at 12:55 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-20-2016, 05:41 PM

10,213 posts, read 14,827,261 times
Default My Fitness Pal says I'm not eating enough?

I'm getting older (68) and have been somewhat overweight for a couple of years (pushing 250 at 6'3 without a huge amount of overhang). I've never been a dieter, or a food-junkie, but, the belly has been hanging further than I would like. For about 5-6 weeks, I've been eating healthy and sticking with low calorie foods (high protein where possible) - working at a 1480 calorie daily goal. (and seem to specifically be losing the belly).

-- I'm losing some weight (10-12 pounds) and feel good, yet, often find myself done for the day at about 1000 calories. But, MyFitnessPal says I'm likely not getting enough nutrition. Fact is, I'm not getting much exercise either.

Should I continue to eat, for the sake of eating or ???

Old 01-20-2016, 05:52 PM

3,308 posts, read 4,557,978 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jghorton View Post
I'm getting older (68) and have been somewhat overweight for a couple of years (pushing 250 at 6'3 without a huge amount of overhang). I've never been a dieter, or a food-junkie, but, the belly has been hanging further than I would like. For about 5-6 weeks, I've been eating healthy and sticking with low calorie foods (high protein where possible) - working at a 1480 calorie daily goal. (and seem to specifically be losing the belly).

-- I'm losing some weight (10-12 pounds) and feel good, yet, often find myself done for the day at about 1000 calories. But, MyFitnessPal says I'm likely not getting enough nutrition. Fact is, I'm not getting much exercise either.

In cases like this, I've heard stuff like throw in extra olive oil for some extra calories, another slice of avocado, a handful of nuts, stuff like that. I am so envious you are "done for the day" at 1000. At 1000, for me, I've just finished breakfast.

Old 01-20-2016, 09:39 PM

11,495 posts, read 26,863,876 times
Quote:

The older you get, the less calories you need, but 1000 might be a little too low. When I eat below my calorie minimum for more than a few days in a row, my doctor says to start taking a daily multivitamin because she says I'm probably not getting everything I need.

Sometimes adding some exercise to your day will boost your appetite a little bit.

Old 01-25-2016, 06:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aneye4detail View Post
In cases like this, I've heard stuff like throw in extra olive oil for some extra calories, another slice of avocado, a handful of nuts, stuff like that. I am so envious you are "done for the day" at 1000. At 1000, for me, I've just finished breakfast.
Actually, the thing seems to be saying I may not be getting enough nutrition, not calories. I'm attempting to fill-in with a diet-suppliment/multivitamin and other high protein/low calorie foods (avocado, nuts, etc), but, it seems like merely trying to add calories ... is defeating the purpose.

Old 01-25-2016, 06:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hedgehog_Mom View Post
The older you get, the less calories you need, but 1000 might be a little too low. When I eat below my calorie minimum for more than a few days in a row, my doctor says to start taking a daily multivitamin because she says I'm probably not getting everything I need.

Sometimes adding some exercise to your day will boost your appetite a little bit.
Thanks, I'm getting some exercise (and most of my life have worked with weights, etc). But, I'm still about 20 pounds over where I should be (provided I can take the weight off where I want). I want the belly fat to go, without eating into my muscle mass. Seems like a tricky thing to balance.

Old 01-25-2016, 09:13 PM

11,495 posts, read 26,863,876 times
Quote:
Thanks, I'm getting some exercise (and most of my life have worked with weights, etc). But, I'm still about 20 pounds over where I should be (provided I can take the weight off where I want). I want the belly fat to go, without eating into my muscle mass. Seems like a tricky thing to balance.
Then add a protein shake to meet your calorie goal for the day. You can get them premade or the powder mix. I use chocolate powder with some Kahlua flavored sugar-free syrup and almond milk and blend the whole thing with ice...it's a great treat after a workout.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss