Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-15-2015, 06:53 PM

586 posts, read 831,790 times

Advertisements

I have lost 14 lbs up to date and my weigh in is this Saturday so it could end up being more. However, I am not feeling a difference. I dont expect to see anything since I have heard that people who are really overweight dont notice a chance til they lose 20 lbs or so but at this point, shouldnt I be able to feel something, such as my clothes being a tad loose?

I bought some pants awhile back and when I first wore it, it felt a little snug, but now it feels comfy and there's even room in the thigh area, but I dont know if I should give credit to the weight loss or if the pants have been stretched, if you know what i mean. I dont see any difference in my stomach or flanks. I used a measuring tape and havent lost any inches around my waist or anything.

Of course this wont hinder me from going forward since despite lack of physical changes, I am loving how the weight is coming off each week. I just thought that I would see a little change by now...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-15-2015, 07:30 PM

11,495 posts, read 26,879,364 times
I lost 50 lbs before I went down a size in pants...most people will notice a change sooner than that.

If your pants stretched out, wouldn't they shrink up again when you wash them, and be tight when you first put them on?

Old 10-15-2015, 08:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hedgehog_Mom View Post
I lost 50 lbs before I went down a size in pants...most people will notice a change sooner than that.

If your pants stretched out, wouldn't they shrink up again when you wash them, and be tight when you first put them on?
I dont know..was hoping I could lose some belly fat since at this point I look bigger on top than bottom. We'll see what happens when I lose 20 lbs, which is only 6 lbs away!! OMG this is getting so exciting, almost like an addiction to lose weight. Once I see the pounds dropping off, I just never wanna go back. I have eliminated bad foods even more now since the low carb diet is so freakin awesome for weight loss.

Old 10-17-2015, 10:17 AM

88,588 posts, read 84,818,250 times
I haven't been here for a while, but I am still losing. My goal was to lose 30 pounds from May to November. Well...I've lost about 15. Didn't make my goal, but it's still coming off, albeit slowly, so I'm going to keep plugging.

It is exciting, like the poster above me said, to get those pounds down.

I'd lost a few before this 15, since last year. I have not seen my daughter for a year because she has been living overseas, but I am going to meet her in Europe in a couple of weeks and I will see her then. I realized the other day that when she left in September of last year, I weighed about 22 pounds more than I do now, so I'm wondering if she'll see a difference. Plus I'm a bit more toned because I have been exercising fairly regularly since then. Some of my clothes are loose, and one pair of pants I wear to work feels way too big now.

Old 10-17-2015, 12:53 PM

Congrats Mightyqueen801! Keep up the good work!

To be honest, I am sick and tired of being overweight. I have dry, cracked, and very rough heels. I tried everything to get them to be smooth again, came to the realization that they would never get better because of all the weight that is being put on them. Another saddening reality is that one time I was looking at photos on facebook of friends. Amongst a group, there was one overweight lady. My 3 year old immediately pointed out that person and said "there's mommy!"

I very badly want to be normal again...and feel like the longer I hold off on this the harder it'll get because I'm just going to get older.

Old 10-18-2015, 08:39 AM

17,535 posts, read 39,141,385 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by conlainhothuong View Post

To be honest, I am sick and tired of being overweight. I have dry, cracked, and very rough heels. I tried everything to get them to be smooth again, came to the realization that they would never get better because of all the weight that is being put on them. Another saddening reality is that one time I was looking at photos on facebook of friends. Amongst a group, there was one overweight lady. My 3 year old immediately pointed out that person and said "there's mommy!"

I very badly want to be normal again...and feel like the longer I hold off on this the harder it'll get because I'm just going to get older.
Keep it up, you are doing great! Several years ago I was over 50 lbs overweight. It took me a very long time, I lost very slowly (a few years), but I did it and it stays off! I eliminated most bad foods and sugars, watch my portions, eat enough protein, drink enough water AND I work out and exercise in some way EVERY DAY! I recently showed two pics side-by-side to my husband, one on my birthday 4 years ago and one from a couple weeks ago and the difference is staggering! He kept staring and says "GAWD!!!" LOL I literally look 10 years younger today and almost like a different person. And yes, you DO get addicted to losing and keeping it off, so you lose your appetite for the junk (for the most part).

I am happy with my weight now and just want to keep things where they are.

Old 10-18-2015, 08:46 AM

21,020 posts, read 19,388,517 times
If this encourages any one....any weight loss you see in that scale is a good day!
It sure does add up.. .4 ounces and .2 ounces is in the right direction!
Before you know it it's another 3 pounds! Then 5!!!
(I picture 3 square bricks of butter ...gone! Or a can of Crisco at 5!
Because that is the consistency.)

Old 10-18-2015, 01:41 PM

16,376 posts, read 22,490,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn View Post
If this encourages any one....any weight loss you see in that scale is a good day!
It sure does add up.. .4 ounces and .2 ounces is in the right direction!
Before you know it it's another 3 pounds! Then 5!!!
(I picture 3 square bricks of butter ...gone! Or a can of Crisco at 5!
Because that is the consistency.)
Or you can picture a pound of human fat...

see this link to Amazon which has fat replicas.

http://www.amazon.com/Nasco-WA07173-...0_SR160%2C160_

http://www.amazon.com/Nasco-WA16933-...SIN=B00KNPQEZC

Old 10-18-2015, 02:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sware2cod View Post
Or you can picture a pound of human fat...

see this link to Amazon which has fat replicas.

http://www.amazon.com/Nasco-WA07173-...0_SR160%2C160_

http://www.amazon.com/Nasco-WA16933-...SIN=B00KNPQEZC
Thanks for sharing, although not appealing especially thinking about I am carrying around 100 lb of excess fat. It looks similar to chicken fat...

Old 10-19-2015, 10:10 AM

88,588 posts, read 84,818,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by conlainhothuong View Post

I AM older, lol. But I'm doing it anyway. I had a weird health issue that came up two years ago, a rare thyroid disease wherein my thyroid turned into a hard, cement like substance and surrounded all the tissues in my throat, particularly my trachea. I could not speak without gasping for air. Now that it is under control and I feel well, I want to lose weight as part of my overall effort to be as healthy as I can be. For some reason, looking at it from that angle is working for me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss