Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-20-2019, 02:07 PM

6,143 posts, read 5,250,098 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pete98146 View Post
Cardio! Sure feels like my stomach shrinks and I can't eat as much food.
I'm not hungry for an hour or so after cardio.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-20-2019, 02:11 PM

3,187 posts, read 5,150,566 times
Some foods make you hungrier. Find out what foods help to keep your appetite down. Water helps too.

Old 02-20-2019, 09:08 PM

13,480 posts, read 8,374,216 times
When I work out at the gym with weights, work my muscles, I'm very hungry hours later. Ravenous.

Old 02-21-2019, 07:52 AM

25,826 posts, read 20,697,090 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PriscillaVanilla View Post
When I work out at the gym with weights, work my muscles, I'm very hungry hours later. Ravenous.
If you don’t want to be “ravenous” hours after exercise, either cut back on the exercise or plan on eating some time before you hit the point of being ravenous.

Not eating while taxing your body at the same time does not lead to effective weight loss.
Sure, you may see short-term results, but it is doubtful that it will be sustainable.

Old 02-21-2019, 08:18 AM

8,752 posts, read 5,046,098 times
Remembering road kill, that has been run over several times will do it for me. True.

Old 02-21-2019, 08:37 AM

13,447 posts, read 15,473,271 times
I usually time my workouts so that a meal is shortly not long thereafter. I also tend eat at least an hour before I work out. Preworkout "meals" tend to be lower calorie, as you don't want a lot on your stomach. Post workout tends to be dinnertime or lunchtime (and therefore, higher calorie).

I know that feeling when I was really hard core lifting. Cardio doesn't make me ravenous, but adding lifting to the mix does. It's like my body demands more when I'm lifting (especially heavy). Good on you for adding strength training to your exercise routine. You'll be so glad that you did. Now that I'm not doing it as much, I notice a big difference than when I was. I burned far more calories when I did both, than doing cardio alone. I'm also not as firm as I'd like. But the reality is that injury lurks around the corner, there's always this fine line and unfortunately I pushed it and now I'm injured. Not like that's gonna be your issue, but just something to consider. The reward is great, just watch out for injuries, especially if you're older (hahaha) like me.

Old 04-18-2019, 01:59 AM

4,936 posts, read 3,312,269 times
Quote:
My S/O goes spinning/cycling 5 times a week, eats dinner at 5.00 p.m goes spinning 8.00-9.20 pm and when he gets home after spinning, watches 1/2 hour tv and then eats a sandwich and a banana.
Or like when we have pasta dinner I save him some and he eats that after the spinning as he is hungry from the sport and needs some energy calories.

Old 04-20-2019, 06:53 AM

3,688 posts, read 2,409,630 times
Quote:
How do you turn off your appetite when it starts getting out of control? And eating more protein doesn't help?
Fasting helped me.

18:6 to 21:1 OMAD, to 3 day water fasts.

Old 04-20-2019, 09:04 AM

6,103 posts, read 8,816,411 times
Quote:
As soon as you are done with your workout eat some protein like a hard boiled egg or a few nuts, or some other kind of protein. This will stave off hunger so when you are ready to eat again a meal or a snack you wont feel ravenous.

Old 04-20-2019, 09:15 AM

88,544 posts, read 84,738,350 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marcandme View Post
Remembering road kill, that has been run over several times will do it for me. True.
I used to be that way and wish I could get it back. If I saw road kill when I was younger, I would not be able to stop thinking about eating it, and my throat would close up until the intrusive thoughts passed.

I was very thin, too thin, actually, when I was a teenager and young adult, and part of the reason was intrusive thoughts and food. Spaghetti would turn into worms, etc.

I remembered this in my middle-age years when I had gained weight, and I actually made myself go look at a dead possum in the road and tried to imagine eating it to kill my appetite, but it doesn't work anymore.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss