Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-18-2023, 04:10 AM

5 posts, read 2,013 times

Advertisements

If you are eating pizza in a controlled amount, then it is not a bad option to eat. It is a good option for those who are on bulking. But if you are eating too much, then it will become a problem for you and can affect your health, especially your weight.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-19-2023, 08:27 PM

2,027 posts, read 3,347,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WK91 View Post
I read an article the other day where a guy, 31 years old, started getting adverse reactions whenever he would eat at Pizza Hut. He would get severe stomach pains that would shoot up into his right shoulder.

Anyway, after it happened again the next time he got pizza, he went to his doctor and they did an MRI, which revealed large lesions on his liver, which also led them to discover he had colorectal cancer.

He was dead within 2 years.
It sounds like what used to happen to me when i ate Pizza Hut pizza. And i love it! But it was my gallbladder. Every time i ate something really high-fat it FELT like i was dying.

After i got my tests, while awaiting surgery, i even tested it with a slice and OMG. I survived on saltines and tea for the next two weeks.

Following the surgery it's not all perfect, but i can eat the pizza at least

Old 09-19-2023, 08:30 PM

2,027 posts, read 3,347,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stephenMM View Post
I LOVE pizza! But I don't eat it anymore. Things like cheese and enriched pasta bread are just not good for me. I do eat a lot of the things that are pizza toppings within my diet, but not in the form of a pizza. There may not be any such thing as a healthy pizza that is actually tasty, but roasting the same fresh veggies in a pan w/ some light olive oil and a little salt and pepper is darned tasty and healthy.
I do that, and put them on Naan bread, with a bit more olive oil, garlic, and some mixed shredded Italian cheeses. My favorite home made pizza.

Old 11-09-2023, 07:56 PM

30,311 posts, read 51,921,120 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by guidoLaMoto View Post
...and then there's the fatsos that order a large pizza for themselves...with a diet Coke.
Ignoring your rude language... why do people think this is so funny (to pair a Diet Coke with something unhealthy)? Some of us just prefer the taste of diet soda, or we're trying to minimize the total calories, and/or can't have a lot of sugar. I'm diabetic, and pizza doesn't spike my blood sugars but regular soda absolutely will! So it's really not that weird to have pizza or even fast food with a diet soda. I don't eat a large pizza to myself, though. I'd die. lol

For the record: I've lost 55lbs this year, and pizza is one of the few "luxuries" I still allow myself regularly. Maybe once a week, just plain cheese or cheese + garlic.

Old 12-30-2023, 06:19 PM

1,196 posts, read 529,793 times
Adele Davis died of cancer (Let's Eat Right to Keep Fit, Let's Get Well, Let's Cook it Right, Let's Get Well, Let's Stay Well, etc.) - for all of the health fanatics who are scared to eat a piece of pizza because it's "unhealthy."

Old 12-30-2023, 08:09 PM

13 posts, read 5,813 times
I am Italian and I love pizza and cheese. Living to be 99 is not my goal.

Old 12-30-2023, 08:30 PM

506 posts, read 261,104 times
I like pizza. We all have our own preferences, right ? I am very fussy about brand ( Pizza Hut ), type of crust ( pan ), with normal cheese, extra mushrooms, and no sauce. I buy one large every eight days, and have one slice ( and only one slice ) every day ( thanks to the toaster oven ). The rest of my diet is relatively healthy, but I do not eat too much of anything. I am not overweight and my weight is stable. I am very healthy, ovo-lacto vegetarian, and walk several miles a day. So for me, pizza is not a problem. The word is moderation. And that works for me.

Sure there are "healthier" options, but I don't need healthier options, I like myself just the way I am and I like what I eat and how relatively little I eat. My sugar levels are within target, and so is my cholesterol. My doctor is happy. I am happy.

And before someone gets all upset about "Oh No Pizza Hut" ... I must say, my kids and I have this long-standing contest, running for nearly 20 years now, on who can eat a Pizza Hut pizza slice in the greatest number of different countries. I am winning so far, with 29 countries. Have been to 41 countries, boots-on-the-ground, but could only find Pizza Hut in 29 of them. I may need to get out more.

Old 12-31-2023, 06:10 AM

88,526 posts, read 84,719,546 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Upminster-1 View Post
I like pizza. We all have our own preferences, right ? I am very fussy about brand ( Pizza Hut ), type of crust ( pan ), with normal cheese, extra mushrooms, and no sauce. I buy one large every eight days, and have one slice ( and only one slice ) every day ( thanks to the toaster oven ). The rest of my diet is relatively healthy, but I do not eat too much of anything. I am not overweight and my weight is stable. I am very healthy, ovo-lacto vegetarian, and walk several miles a day. So for me, pizza is not a problem. The word is moderation. And that works for me.

Sure there are "healthier" options, but I don't need healthier options, I like myself just the way I am and I like what I eat and how relatively little I eat. My sugar levels are within target, and so is my cholesterol. My doctor is happy. I am happy.

And before someone gets all upset about "Oh No Pizza Hut" ... I must say, my kids and I have this long-standing contest, running for nearly 20 years now, on who can eat a Pizza Hut pizza slice in the greatest number of different countries. I am winning so far, with 29 countries. Have been to 41 countries, boots-on-the-ground, but could only find Pizza Hut in 29 of them. I may need to get out more.
That's a great story! I am from New Jersey, where you have at least one good family-owned pizza place in every town so Pizza Hut is a NO for me, but your contest sounds fun. Similarly, my wandering daughter has a Starbucks coffee mug from every city she's ever visited. I don't like Starbucks, either, but it's fun to visit her and choose a mug from Hong Kong or Prague.

Old 12-31-2023, 06:14 AM

19,802 posts, read 9,345,163 times
Pizza is one of my very favorite foods, but we limit it to just one per month from October through April -- and it is "Take and Bake" from Papa Murphy's.

Old 12-31-2023, 06:20 AM

9,440 posts, read 5,204,944 times
Pizza Margherita!!! It's a thing of beauty and my favorite.
Re skim vs whole milk mozzarella: Back in the day it was all whole milk mozzarella. My father used to drizzle olive oil over that! yummy.
I eat pizza maybe once a month.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss