Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-16-2023, 01:52 PM

1,379 posts, read 721,367 times

Advertisements

I haven't read the whole thread but am wondering for those taking it... What will happen when you get to your desired weight? What about regaining weight? Does one stay on it forever?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-16-2023, 02:01 PM

5,010 posts, read 590,308 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by villabella22201 View Post
Does one stay on it forever?
No.

When you've reached your ideal weight you've learned proper portion size and as per your doctor's instructions you've learned the importance of exercise.

Old 11-16-2023, 02:58 PM

1,379 posts, read 721,367 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by allthatglitters View Post
No.

When you've reached your ideal weight you've learned proper portion size and as per your doctor's instructions you've learned the importance of exercise.
Sure, in an ideal world.

Old 11-17-2023, 08:31 AM

9,847 posts, read 7,712,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by allthatglitters View Post
No.

How are you doing on it? Have you been able to switch to the dietician's eating plan?

Old 11-18-2023, 02:21 AM

9,006 posts, read 13,831,283 times
I was on the lowest dose at 0.25mg and it did nothing for me. No side effects,but no weight loss either. I took it last month. My dosage was upped to 0.5mg for the month of November but I cannot even get it because of supply shortages.I will have to start it again in December.

I was already fasting because that is how I ate for the past 14 years. I think the reason i am obese is different from most people. I eat 1500 cal in the mid morning and do not eat after that. I go to sleep shortly after. I do drink black coffee around 11pm because i work night shift.

I do wonder why I am not losing weight on Wegovy but everyone else is. I was never a diabetic,not even pre diabetic. I have no high A1C. Mine is 5.5. I do not have high blood pressure either. I am estrogen dominant though.

Old 11-18-2023, 08:03 AM

8,408 posts, read 7,402,622 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseygal4u View Post
I was on the lowest dose at 0.25mg and it did nothing for me. No side effects,but no weight loss either. I took it last month. My dosage was upped to 0.5mg for the month of November but I cannot even get it because of supply shortages.I will have to start it again in December.

I was already fasting because that is how I ate for the past 14 years. I think the reason i am obese is different from most people. I eat 1500 cal in the mid morning and do not eat after that. I go to sleep shortly after. I do drink black coffee around 11pm because i work night shift.

I do wonder why I am not losing weight on Wegovy but everyone else is. I was never a diabetic,not even pre diabetic. I have no high A1C. Mine is 5.5. I do not have high blood pressure either. I am estrogen dominant though.
Regarding dosage of semaglutide (Ozempic, Wegovy) - the benefits don't really kick in until you get to the 1 mg weekly dose. My PCP told me that one needs to start with smaller doses in order to allow the body to adjust to the drug. Same thing when coming off the drug, need to step down the dosage over a matter of several weeks, rather than simply quitting cold turkey.

I'm currently on the 1 mg dose of Ozempic weekly, been at that dosage for several months. The maximum dosage appears to be 2 mg weekly for Type 2 diabetes.

From what I've read, the maximum dose for Wegovy is 2.4 mg weekly.

Wegovy dosing schedule

I hear you about drug shortages. My original pharmacy was unable to refill my Ozempic prescription (three pens for three months). Had to go to Costco for one pen - they appear to be rationing it out.

Old 11-19-2023, 12:12 AM

9,006 posts, read 13,831,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by djmilf View Post
Regarding dosage of semaglutide (Ozempic, Wegovy) - the benefits don't really kick in until you get to the 1 mg weekly dose. My PCP told me that one needs to start with smaller doses in order to allow the body to adjust to the drug. Same thing when coming off the drug, need to step down the dosage over a matter of several weeks, rather than simply quitting cold turkey.

I'm currently on the 1 mg dose of Ozempic weekly, been at that dosage for several months. The maximum dosage appears to be 2 mg weekly for Type 2 diabetes.

From what I've read, the maximum dose for Wegovy is 2.4 mg weekly.

Wegovy dosing schedule

I hear you about drug shortages. My original pharmacy was unable to refill my Ozempic prescription (three pens for three months). Had to go to Costco for one pen - they appear to be rationing it out.
Thanks! I heard and read all of these stories about people losing 4 pounds on the first week of ozempic and well, I haven’t lost a thing. I have read some people do better on Mounjaro than Wegovy and vice versa.

Old 11-19-2023, 10:14 AM

25,552 posts, read 17,256,908 times
Step daughter #1 has lost many, many pounds with Ozempic. I don't know what she weighed when she started, but she is now at 5'4" 135 pounds.

BUT!....... She is now skinny/fat. That means she has no muscle tone. At age 58, I can see where she is headed toward posture and mobility problems.
Losing weight is wonderful! I've lost a bunch myself, but you MUST get the right sort of exercise. I always thought my habit of walking would do the trick, but it did not. I was never hugely overweight and was always active, but at age 75 I had a quadruple bypass. After the operation and its 12 week recovery program I signed up at the gym and have gone 3X a week ever since.
As far as I know, your weight loss MUST be accompanied by increase in functional fitness - that means resistance exercise, stretching and cardio.

5'10"/180 pound for me. Lose the weight; join the gym; trust the process.

Old 11-19-2023, 07:01 PM

6,033 posts, read 6,141,242 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Listener2307 View Post
Step daughter #1 has lost many, many pounds with Ozempic. I don't know what she weighed when she started, but she is now at 5'4" 135 pounds.

Losing weight is wonderful! I've lost a bunch myself, but you MUST get the right sort of exercise. I always thought my habit of walking would do the trick, but it did not. I was never hugely overweight and was always active, but at age 75 I had a quadruple bypass. After the operation and its 12 week recovery program I signed up at the gym and have gone 3X a week ever since.
As far as I know, your weight loss MUST be accompanied by increase in functional fitness - that means resistance exercise, stretching and cardio.

5'10"/180 pound for me. Lose the weight; join the gym; trust the process.
I'm 56 and had weight loss surgery (WLS) at 52. Same height and weight, basically (more like 170 lbs, but I don't worry on a few lbs). The doctors I spoke to and take counsel with (several) confirm the "diet and exercise" hypothesis. I chuckle because that's the root of most of it from the time we're children. And probably all of human history.

Good luck. I'm fine as well but did need some help in losing a large amount of weight. WL drugs were not my happy path in two attempts 2018 and 2019, whereas weight loss in 2020 was. WLS is not for everyone. I did have a problem that needed various treatments both emotional and physical. My jam is running and probably always will be in the future. Running is genuine work. Should I suffer catastrophic injury I'll need to adjust my calories and take up something else; swimming would be a close second in terms of the necessary raw physicality to stay fit.

Old 11-20-2023, 08:21 AM

2,020 posts, read 976,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justyouraveragetenant View Post
there are no risks from all carnivore .
lol
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss