Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-18-2023, 08:28 AM

3,106 posts, read 1,000,279 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by justyouraveragetenant View Post
I'm not counting or monitoring anything it's too much work. Getting rid of carbs is a no brainier though.
I'm the same, I can't count calories or grams of this or that. I don't want to get obsessed about it and I don't have the patience anyway. I got the strips for measuring ketosis recently. I used them for a week and it always says that I'm in ketosis all the time. I'm not measuring now anymore since I have the same diet. Basically no carbs or very very low.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-09-2023, 03:06 AM

3,566 posts, read 1,492,058 times
Calories in, calories out. It’s so simple.

A lot of these speciality diets help subsets of people achieve a calorie deficit without counting calories. But when they work, it’s through a calorie deficit. Doesn’t matter if it’s Keto, paleo, vegan, intermittent fasting, whatever. Calories in, calories out. If you take in more than you burn (BMR+exercise+NEAT) then your body needs to gain mass either in the form of fat, muscle or other tissue but unless you’re a kid and going through a growth spurt it will be fat.

Old 08-09-2023, 08:11 AM

3,373 posts, read 1,538,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaikikiWaves View Post
Calories in, calories out. It’s so simple.

A lot of these speciality diets help subsets of people achieve a calorie deficit without counting calories. But when they work, it’s through a calorie deficit. Doesn’t matter if it’s Keto, paleo, vegan, intermittent fasting, whatever. Calories in, calories out. If you take in more than you burn (BMR+exercise+NEAT) then your body needs to gain mass either in the form of fat, muscle or other tissue but unless you’re a kid and going through a growth spurt it will be fat.

there is a professor online who say calories in calories out is a lie. he lost weight increasing his calories to prove a point. he says we are not steam engines. you can lose weight if you dramatically eat less but there are healthy ways and not so healthy ways like vegan. recently i heard about a vegan who died she starved to death with many health problems. I am mostsly doing a carnivore diet with a small amount of vegatables included.

Old 08-09-2023, 08:14 AM

UPDATE: I have went from 228 to 215 in pounds. my weight loss has seemed to stall but i hear this is normal you lose the most in the beggining and it slows down. i was sick for like 10 days where i could not exercise. it was a nasty summer cold and some people i know also got sick. something must be going around.

I am not going to get discouraged the second month you dont lose as much as long as i lose something this month ill be happy. some days i eat 2 times a day instead of one i think i was under eating and was worried about losing muscle. i feel slightly weaker with the kettlebells i have. so i try to eat 2 times a day some days.

Old 08-09-2023, 08:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by totogondre View Post
Hey there! Smoothie diets can be super tempting for quick results, but let's keep it real. While sipping on nutritious blends is great, remember to balance them with solid meals. Opt for whole ingredients like fruits, veggies, protein, and healthy fats. But don't ditch regular meals entirely. Listen to your body, stay hydrated, and consider chatting with a pro before any big changes. Your well-being comes first! Take care and enjoy those yummy sips. Cheers! Click this if you want my number one smoothie diet for weight loss. https://tinyurl.com/2c5w6rna

I have no interest in smoothies. i dont like certain mouth feels and consistencies. a smoothie does nothing for me. like i hate yogurt and think its discusting. I am somewhat of a picky eater. what someone likes someone else might hate. I dont like sloppy foods . i like my food dry. I have been doing mostly carnivore so its very far from a smoothie diet.

Old 08-09-2023, 08:20 AM

Quote:
there is a professor online who say calories in calories out is a lie. he lost weight increasing his calories to prove a point. he says we are not steam engines. you can lose weight if you dramatically eat less but there are healthy ways and not so healthy ways like vegan. recently i heard about a vegan who died she starved to death with many health problems. I am mostsly doing a carnivore diet with a small amount of vegatables included.
You can eat more calories and lose weight provided you exercise more or your NEAT goes up.

I doubt this professor broke the law of thermodynamics. The law of thermodynamics is universal and doesn’t just apply to the internal combustion engine.

Old 08-09-2023, 08:24 AM

10,888 posts, read 7,373,369 times
Quote:
I have no interest in smoothies. i dont like certain mouth feels and consistencies. a smoothie does nothing for me. like i hate yogurt and think its discusting. I am somewhat of a picky eater. what someone likes someone else might hate. I dont like sloppy foods . i like my food dry. I have been doing mostly carnivore so its very far from a smoothie diet.
The smoothie post was spam.

Old 08-09-2023, 08:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaikikiWaves View Post
You can eat more calories and lose weight provided you exercise more or your NEAT goes up.

I doubt this professor broke the law of thermodynamics
he says people get the law of thermodynamics wrong in terms of human physiology. we are not steam engines. he ate more and did not increase his exercise. there is a school of thought that its hormones and eating the proper diet is the number one way to lose weight. look up professor Bart Kay. he has degrees in nutrition and sport physiology or something like that. there are other professionals that do not agree with calories in and calories out. its a interesting debate nonetheless. you can even find that very debate online if interested.

I heard of a study that there were two groups of people who ate the same amount of calories one ate 3 times a day the other group once a day. the group that ate once a day lost more weight. tracking calories is a waste of time . food labels are wrong. legally they can be 20 percent off. there are many reasons. some try to reduce their calories by 500 calories but its impossible to track that.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p6WTE1BatfM

Old 08-09-2023, 08:35 AM

Quote:
he says people get the law of thermodynamics wrong in terms of human physiology. we are not steam engines. he ate more and did not increase his exercise. there is a school of thought that its hormones and eating the proper diet is the number one way to lose weight. look up professor Bart Kay. he has degrees in nutrition and sport physiology or something like that. there are other professionals that do not agree with calories in and calories out. its a interesting debate nonetheless. you can even find that very debate online if interested.

I heard of a study that there were two groups of people who ate the same amount of calories one ate 3 times a day the other group once a day. the group that ate once a day lost more weight. tracking calories is a waste of time . food labels are wrong. legally they can be 20 percent off. there are many reasons. some try to reduce their calories by 500 calories but its impossible to track that.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p6WTE1BatfM
I know Bart Kay, he is a fraud. On YouTube there is an appetite for advice that says you can eat more and lose weight.

Taking testosterone can promote lean body tissue (muscle) but your weight still increases, you just look leaner as muscle is more dense.

Old 08-09-2023, 08:40 AM

29,739 posts, read 34,362,964 times
He might be an online fraud, but there is something in the claim that the law of thermodynamics doesn't track in a human body. Thermodynamics requires a closed system, which the body is not. Everyone's body composition, food intake, activity levels, hormone levels, metabolism, etc. are different, which means their results may be different.

Last edited by fleetiebelle; 08-09-2023 at 08:57 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss