Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-09-2013, 09:25 PM

1 posts, read 2,179 times

Advertisements

Call me simple but I heard about the shots and having just been to my Doctor I found I was 40 lbs heavier than my top weight ever. I was headed towards 300 lbs I panicked, but no need. I could not afford the shots so I asked my Doctor about B12 and she said it was water soluble and that I would throw off what I did not use. She saw no harm in trying B12 but that they did not carry the shots. I headed to my local drug store and bought the cheapest generic on the shelf brand in 2000 mcg per dose that I could find with no other fancy trimmings. I have consistently lost 3 to 6 lbs a week with no other changes to my routine since that day. Well there have been some changes. I can tell that my metabolism is running at a higher rate, can't explain it. I can just tell. Also I have little desire to overeat, or eat unless I am really hungry and find that instead of cleaning my plate and going back for seconds or thirds I am more likely to leave half of what I have dished up. The biggest mind blower is me and sweets. I don't eat a bag of peanut butter cups...I eat one mini and find that another one does not appeal to me. I do not know if this is typical. I have lost 30 lbs in a little over a month without trying. BTW overweight runs in my family. There is not a diet plan I have not tried or paid for.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-03-2013, 08:27 PM

7 posts, read 11,134 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jenn02674 View Post
Almost everything you will need you can get from iHerb.com - Vitamins, Supplements & Natural Health Products
Must admit they have huge selection. What do you use?

Old 03-09-2013, 11:24 PM

8,736 posts, read 8,667,143 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by keeponswimming View Post
Call me simple but I heard about the shots and having just been to my Doctor I found I was 40 lbs heavier than my top weight ever. I was headed towards 300 lbs I panicked, but no need. I could not afford the shots so I asked my Doctor about B12 and she said it was water soluble and that I would throw off what I did not use. She saw no harm in trying B12 but that they did not carry the shots. I headed to my local drug store and bought the cheapest generic on the shelf brand in 2000 mcg per dose that I could find with no other fancy trimmings. I have consistently lost 3 to 6 lbs a week with no other changes to my routine since that day. Well there have been some changes. I can tell that my metabolism is running at a higher rate, can't explain it. I can just tell. Also I have little desire to overeat, or eat unless I am really hungry and find that instead of cleaning my plate and going back for seconds or thirds I am more likely to leave half of what I have dished up. The biggest mind blower is me and sweets. I don't eat a bag of peanut butter cups...I eat one mini and find that another one does not appeal to me. I do not know if this is typical. I have lost 30 lbs in a little over a month without trying. BTW overweight runs in my family. There is not a diet plan I have not tried or paid for.
Actually, you have changed your routine: you've cut down a lot on your eating! Maybe it's the supplement that's causing your appetite to change, but for whatever reason, you are eating less and that means there is less caloric intake. If your caloric intake is less than your energy needs than you will absolutely metabolize your energy storage (the fat in your adipose tissue). Good for you!

Old 03-10-2013, 11:26 AM

6,103 posts, read 8,817,400 times
B12 = expensive placebo.

Old 08-11-2013, 10:22 PM

1 posts, read 1,748 times
Be very very careful with phentermine I've been on and off for more then 7 years now and yes they help and work but over all not worth the long term side effects .. I lost 80 lbs in like 3 months with them and I would use them to maintaine when needed in between but if I knew I was gonna have all these Health complications do to them now I would never have taken them .im only 33 and healthy but I have serious side effects do to them now .

Old 08-12-2013, 08:54 AM

6,103 posts, read 8,817,400 times
It is really not possible to lose 80 lbs in three months without serious health complications.
Instead of being careful with phentermine just don't use it. Stay away from it. Avoid it. There are no safe, healthy shortcuts to losing weight.

Old 08-12-2013, 04:38 PM

10,746 posts, read 26,015,105 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeni1980 View Post
Be very very careful with phentermine I've been on and off for more then 7 years now and yes they help and work but over all not worth the long term side effects .. I lost 80 lbs in like 3 months with them and I would use them to maintaine when needed in between but if I knew I was gonna have all these Health complications do to them now I would never have taken them .im only 33 and healthy but I have serious side effects do to them now .

I'm guessing you're not at as healthy as you think you are.....lay off the phen-phen, it's going to kill you one day.

Old 10-22-2013, 10:25 AM

1 posts, read 1,605 times
In San Antonio TX I got my LipoB (lipotropic with b12) for only $30 dollars, most places give it to you in 2 separate shots and charge $30 bucks each, that's 60 dollars, what a rip off.
I got great energy and have even started to see my waist line get smaller after just 3 weeks (that 3 shots, I get one a week)
I get it a clinic off N Alamo near 1800 broadway its called women's comprehensive clinic for internal medicine.

Old 10-22-2013, 10:27 AM

3,549 posts, read 5,375,836 times
Fix your diet and do more exercise.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2

Old 10-22-2013, 10:52 AM

3,433 posts, read 5,745,647 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by houstan-dan View Post
Fix your diet and do more exercise.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2
bingo !
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss