Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-18-2007, 09:53 PM

322 posts, read 1,234,489 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rachx90 View Post
What dieting tips have worked for you?
Amino Acids, vitamine C and South Beach meals (or low-cal high protien meals...). Also, for snacking...Gerber Graduates snacks!!! (found in the baby food section. All natural products with the price tags!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-19-2007, 09:36 AM

17,833 posts, read 33,111,194 times
mattden
come join us on the daily exercise thread
We have lots of fun
We invite everyone to join us.

karla

Old 04-20-2007, 10:09 AM

98 posts, read 427,791 times
Of course exercise. 2 new things I've been trying that are REALLY working for me are:
1) Lots of fiber -- I try to do 1 cup of Fiber One ceral (1/2 c w/ low carb yogurt for breakfast, another 1/2 c. for snacking) -- that's 28 grams. I'm shooting for 35 total grams of fiber a day.
2) Lots of fresh raw veggies... I made a dip by whipping low fat cottage cheese in my Magic Bullet (mini food processor/blender) then adding maybe a little fat free sour cream & some type of seasoning or dip mix -- the Watkins ones you get at fairs are really good. You'd never know it was cottage cheese, it's so rich & creamy! Then... carrots, celery, etc. -- and my new favorite: Sugar snap peas. Yum! It's like a party!
I also use low carb tortillas to make wraps for lunch -- they're also high in fiber (8 grams).
Good luck!

Old 04-30-2007, 04:05 PM
bgb

4 posts, read 32,715 times
Along with exercise, plenty of sleep, eating live foods (fruits and vegs) I do a total body cleanse (not colon cleanse). It gets rid of the toxins which help retain the fat.

Old 06-07-2007, 02:56 PM

1,198 posts, read 1,530,015 times
Well, just eating smaller portions (of anything) and not go back for 2nd's. Also not eating after 8pm. That works for me. With exercise 5 days a week really helps too.

Old 06-07-2007, 08:05 PM

453 posts, read 2,100,808 times
exercise! 2-3 hours of cardio a week and 2-3 hours of weightlifting is great.

eat a balanced diet. don't follow this fad of cutting out carbs or fat. eat balanced, portioned meals. eat small portions, and try to eat plenty of fiber and whole grains.

be consistent. you'll never have diet success if you don't diet 24/7. you can have a great day of eating right and exercising, but if you splurge at night you can ruin what progress you made

Old 06-08-2007, 12:45 PM

1,198 posts, read 1,530,015 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrdude View Post
exercise! 2-3 hours of cardio a week and 2-3 hours of weightlifting is great.

eat a balanced diet. don't follow this fad of cutting out carbs or fat. eat balanced, portioned meals. eat small portions, and try to eat plenty of fiber and whole grains.

be consistent. you'll never have diet success if you don't diet 24/7. you can have a great day of eating right and exercising, but if you splurge at night you can ruin what progress you made
Never cut out carbs and fats. Like I said you can eat anything, just smaller portions of it and not go back for 2nd's.

2-3 hours of working out!! Wow!! What the heck do you do for a living?! I can only get 1 1/2 hour.

Old 06-08-2007, 03:10 PM

4,273 posts, read 15,250,592 times
What worked for one of my old co-workers is eating every 3 hours. She took in about 300 calories each "meal". It totally worked for her b'c she liked to eat junk food and the "diet" wasn't restrictive on what she had to eat. It was weird though b'c she eventually started eating healthier for whatever reason.

I on the other hand don't diet. I eat what I want and exercise about 5-6 days a week, 2 hours each time. I naturally eat less when I exercise and become more aware of what I put into my body.

Good luck to you and yes, join the daily thread! You will get a lot of moral support!

Old 06-08-2007, 03:15 PM

2,482 posts, read 8,731,518 times
My advice? Don't diet. Just eat less and make yourself believe that that is all you need (make sure it is a nutritious and decent portion). When it becomes your lifestyle, you are "naturally thin" and no longer dieting.

Old 06-08-2007, 09:19 PM

1,787 posts, read 3,849,045 times
This is what had worked for me. I have tried all the diets. Finally I quit dieting and started eating healthy. I've lost 10 pounds, 5 more to go!
MyPyramid.gov - United States Department of Agriculture - Home
I made a chart and checked off each food item as I went. Simple.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss